What's new

Advanced Nutrients, Love it or Hate it, State your claim!

BCNeil

This Jungle Juice thing smells fishy because only the percentages written on he label are the same as GH's Flora series not the real nute contents.
GH confirmed by email that they state percentages in w/w%, while AN customer service wrote they express NPK contents in w/v% on liquid fertilizers.
This means that AN's nute content is actually less then GH's by their specific gravities.

To get the the difference we have to know GH's specific gravities:
grow - 1.11
micro - 1.23
bloom - 1.15​
(Specific gravities taken from cannastats)

The overall difference is 49%.
AN Jungle Juice contains 49% less nutrients than GH 3 parts, even if the NPK is the same on their labels in case AN really list NPK in w/v% while GenHydro list theirs in w/w% as they stated in the emails.

To see both NPKs expressed in the same way (w/v%):
Jungle Juice 3 parts:
2-1-6 grow
5-0-4 micro
0-5-1 bloom

GH 3 parts:
2.22-1.11-6.66 grow (1.11)
6.15-0-4.92 micro (1.23)
0-5.75-1.15 bloom (1.15)

To get the final conclusion :
While AN states their product costs 40% less, it actually cost 9% more than GH 3 parts.

Math is wrong. If you want to do this calculation you would add 1.11 1.23 and 1.15 Then divide that all by 3.
So that would make it about 14% more, not 49%

Belerofonte

I have a question for you guys, I´ve just bought sensi bloom, do you use it according to the instructions, or increasing the CE until 1.8?

Grobot2010

I have had no problem with any of the Advanced Nutrients products that I've tried:

Sensi Bloom A + B
Sensi Cal-Mg Bloom
Carboload
Bud Blood
Big Bud
Overdrive
Connoisseur A + B
Heavy Harvest Spring Blend
Heavy Harvest Fall Blend
Sensi One Grow

I enjoy mixing it up and using most all of the product lines out there. I've been through Canna, Advanced Nutrients, Botanicare, Fox Farms, Earth Juice, Humboldt Nutrients and various runs with a patch work of products from other/small companies and currently I'm on a General Hydroponics kick, using the FloraNova base nutes rather than their 3-part line. When I'm done with the current set of bottles, I'll rotate into another line (maybe House and Garden). I can't say that I have a "head and shoulders above the rest" favorite.

railed

What can I say other than WOW.

I'm a relatively new grower and I recently switched from the CANNA range to Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur purely based on what I saw in a video interview that was given by the youtube user UrbanGrower when he was interviewing Karma Genetics. Why did I do that? Because I read a fair bit about Karma Genetics on this very forum and his genetics are highly recommended.

In the video interview he claimed after switching nutrients he saw a 25% yield increase. After finishing reading through this thread I can't help but think Urbangrower is affiliated with Advanced Nutrients AND the testimonial from Karma Genetics was most likely BS.

I'm around 2 weeks away from finishing on Advanced Nutrients and unless these starting gaining some serious weight in those 2 weeks there is no way I'm personally seeing a 25% increase in yield size. I've been strictly following the suggested feeding guide as well. Constantly monitoring PH and EC levels. I shall report back when they're done to confirm this though, perhaps I'll be surprised!

This will most likely be the first and last time I use any Advanced Nutrients based on personal experience and from what I've read in this thread.

I'm grateful I came across this thread before my next grow.

:thank you:

Y

YosemiteSam

Has anyone actually weighed 100 ml of micro from GH and AN...that would answer the w/w vs w/v thing. My bet is they do not weigh the same amount...any takers?

I would do it but I refuse to touch either just on general principle. Fuck doing business with anyone you cannot trust.

talktosamson

Veteran
Big Bud liquid has been a good part of my regiment for a few years now, makes a big difference. Expensive but you only have to use a small amount and only for 2 weeks out of the flowering cycle so it lasts for a good while. Used lots of their products and hated them, bud candy ruined the taste and smell on a whole room of stuff I had. But the big bud has always worked and never seen bad results. I used it outside last year to fatten up my buds mid summer, and I will again this year.

Homebrewer

Veteran
Has anyone actually weighed 100 ml of micro from GH and AN...that would answer the w/w vs w/v thing. My bet is they do not weigh the same amount...any takers?

I would do it but I refuse to touch either just on general principle. Fuck doing business with anyone you cannot trust.

I'll weigh 100mls of GH micro since I'll never use it again if someone will weight the AN counterpart.

ive tried pretty much all there million and one products and stuck with 3

bigbud, overdrive and carbo load

good products, still taking the pi*s with prices tho

Homebrewer

Veteran
I just weighed out 100 mls of AN micro and its 120 grams...my scale doesn't do decimal points though, not sure how close it will be.

I weighed 100mls of GH Micro in two different graduated cylinders to make sure I had exactly 100mls. I got 123.08 and 122.85 grams.

ive tried pretty much all there million and one products and stuck with 3

bigbud, overdrive and carbo load

good products, still taking the pi*s with prices tho

dhUma

Dialed and consistent and once you compare actual end cost they are one of the best values or in line with the rest.

G

Guest 18340

once you compare actual end cost they are one of the best values or in line with the rest.
You're kidding, right? Maybe AN's 3 part is in line with most other 3 part nutrients but that's about it.

Last edited:
Dialed and consistent and once you compare actual end cost they are one of the best values or in line with the rest.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

dude, please................. where do you shop???????????

in my local shop they have 3 products that are over £100 a ltr !!!!!

thats a joke!

Latest posts

Latest posts