What's new

Adjust a wing questions- what is your experience?

rr14

Hi guys. i'm thinking about using a pair of adjust a wings for my 10 by 7 space. I"M thinking of using the 1000's with the large adjustawing. The ad says that it'll cover roughly 6 ft by 7 ft. Here's the ad:

http://www.adjustawings.com/downloads/ajw_layout_tips_1.pdf

Are these figures accurate? Are these wings the real deal? I know that batwings work like crap, but this is a special type that is more thought out.

What kind of results are you getting. They are talking about 4.4 lbs per 1000 watts in the ad. I know it's marketing hype, but I'd be happy with half that.

T

TroubleGuy

The Adjust-A-Wing distributes light better than any other reflector out there. They're the real deal.

With these reflectors it's all about distribution and overlap. Using 2+ will get better results, cause 1 light is still 1 light in an AAW.

rr14

I'm actually thinking about 2 of them on a mover in a my space. I have a mover that I got for free but I need to figure out how to set it up with two of them(lights). Thanks for the input.

Anyone else run these?

jamrockjay

I have been thinking of getting a adjust a wing, i have heard good things about them. I will only be running a 400w tho not a 1000w like yourself. I think there is a new and improved version called the mantis pro which i am swaying over to after reading up on them.

JohnnyToke

I just harvested a grow using the large adjust-a-wing and a hps 1000. results were better than my SS2 setup used in the previous 7 grows. 4 x B52 clones produced 687g dry on a scrog dwc setup. Im 2 weeks into veg on the next run with blue mystic clones. we will see how this one turns out.

JT

rr14

are you using the super spreader as well? How do you like the footprint. Is it noticably more even?

C

CMoon

with an A-wing and 1000 watts a heatsheild spreaders a must have item in my experience.....an excellent reflector

cmoon

JohnnyToke

are you using the super spreader as well? How do you like the footprint. Is it noticably more even?

yes. it came with it and I feel it is necessary. my grow foot print under the wing is 48" x 54". It would cover more if needed.

I saw an increase of about 150g this 1st run. I need a few more harvest with it to give a more detailed report.

I can keep the 1000 about 12-15 inches above the tops without any burning issues.

hope this helps.

JT

rr14

wow, that's pretty impressive increase in yeild and distance from the plants. I was told that this thing is superior to the other reflectors by the guy an the shop that I trust. The reflectors are pretty much about the same price so I don't really feel like he's upselling me or anything. He's actually told me this for the last year and I'm finally starting to listen.

Johnny, is that just the size of your setup (48by 54) or is that the size that you have it set to? I was told that this thing can really put out light over a 5 by 4 but beyond that the outskirts get a little less light as measured by the meter.

jamrockjay

150g increase in yield is amazing Johnnytoke. Im going to be getting the mantis pro reflector which i think is the new version of the adjust a wing, hopefully i will see a increase in my yield too....

D

DonkDBZ

yes. it came with it and I feel it is necessary. my grow foot print under the wing is 48" x 54". It would cover more if needed.

I saw an increase of about 150g this 1st run. I need a few more harvest with it to give a more detailed report.

I can keep the 1000 about 12-15 inches above the tops without any burning issues.

hope this helps.

JT

Were you aircooling your SS2? Sealed room with AC or Vented Room?

JohnnyToke

Johnny, is that just the size of your setup (48by 54) or is that the size that you have it set to? I was told that this thing can really put out light over a 5 by 4 but beyond that the outskirts get a little less light as measured by the meter.

yes, that is all the room I have.

JT

JohnnyToke

Were you aircooling your SS2? Sealed room with AC or Vented Room?

I aircooled the SS2 the first couple grows then removed it as the temp difference was just 3-4f difference and not worth the hassle of the extra vortex and ducting. my room is continually vented via a vortex.

JT

G

Greyskull

so its been a few months....
JohnnnyToke how do you feel about the AAW now compared to the SS2s?
I am in the process of designing my rooms 'facelift' and was pretty much settled on SS2s due to great experience with them but the AAWs caught my attention today...

thanks for the time & 411
aloha

JohnnyToke

I harvested the blue mystic a little over a month ago and the yield was about the same as the last grow under the wing. high 600's dried. awesome strain by the way. I was shocked it was that good from a $15 pack of Nirvana seeds I bought 2 years ago and it actually smells like blueberries.

I love the wing and won't be changing back to the aircooled SS2. I am trying to figure out how to get my yield up to 1000g for that elusive 1g per watt. Im trying to avoid adding CO2 as that is a pain in the ass to setup and control. Maybe I need a different strain. Im on day 9 of flower on my current white widow. I vegged the clones 23 days. so far so good. I recommend it.

JT

JohnnyToke

I keep my central ac set to 72 at all times. my temps in the closet run 80 - 84 lights on and about 70 lights off.

Im pulling central ac cooled air from an adjacent room. I have my 452cfm vortex set to about 3/4 speed lights on and 1/2 speed lights off with my speed controller. if temps outside get over 95 in the summer, I have to kick the vortex up to 100% during lights on. I could prob avoid this by running the lights at night vs the day but it doesnt happen that often where I live so no biggie.

JT