What's new

Adding sugar to increase yield

Barnstormer

Ive heard that adding sugar to the water will increase yeild and weight. I would like to try this with my next crop, anybody got experience with this.

G

Thats not true at all but blackstrap molasses may make it taste a bit smoother

mapleboy

There are several OTHER addatives you can use by Earth Juice and Pure Blend to name a few.. all are VERY sweet.(ONE such product is called "sweet") HIGH carbo influx.. It's also an end of cycle thing...
MB

PHB

Search for molasses, microherd, and mychorriza in the organic soil section. The bottom line is using molasses to feed the beneficial microbes in your soil can help increase your yield.

PHB

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
mapleboy said:
There are several OTHER addatives you can use by Earth Juice and Pure Blend to name a few.. all are VERY sweet.(ONE such product is called "sweet") HIGH carbo influx.. It's also an end of cycle thing...
MB
i use sweet from veg to preharvest flush great stuff :yummy: :yummy:

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Hey folks....Sugars do increase flower size and sugar output...period....Molasses is great for organics in soil...products like carboload are great for hydro applications...As far as sweet is concerned, it is a little more than synthesized carbs..it also contains magnesium sulfur and original sweet also contains Iron. If sweet is to be used ..it should be added from day one flower to help prevent leggyness...overall sweet is a waste of $$ IMHO..but carboload is a great product ...the only reason i can assume for those who do not see the benefits of adding sugar into their nute regimen is either the plants are not totally stress free or enough sugars are present in the other foods being used in the nute regimen....Bottom line Sugars increase yields...I suggest for those who doubt this to do some serious reading and if you dont already own a copy of Jorges book do yourself a big big favor and go pick up a copy...It is the definitive guide for growing great buds :) ...Peace and Love DLB

Beeni

I use blackstrap/carbo load to feed my benni in my soil

Blackstrap does add some weight/ taste with Bennis

I dont know about hydro

G

I read years ago in the BC bud forums mainly about increasing yield using blackstrap,I read it in a lot of other forums too.Like so many other things I've read,in practice after using it three consecutive yields my weight didnt increase one bit.The only thing thats given me an obvious appreciable yield increase in the years I've been tring different things is using R/O water in soil and co2 enrichment with a controller and high temps.Nothing else including blackstrap and all the other "simple"remedies have done squat for me.

Barnstormer

Thanx everbody for the input. I havnt tried co2 enrichment yet but soilmans right about R O water, I have noticed a increase in size and yield over my last crop with out it.

G

Barnstormer did your plants stay relatively firm and straight before and now at 30-45 days they are bending all over the fuckin place and snapping in some cases because of the extra weight in the flowers?I've experienced this bigtime my last three grows and I dont know if its the co2 being used properly,the R/O water,or a combination of the two.My plants are probably 25% heavier without much increase in physical size!I'm leaning towards the R/o water as I've used co2 for years albeit not entirely correctly lol

G

Yep...Blackstrap molasses will do the trick to increase yield. Thats the ingredient found in those carbo-load/kabloom type additives.

But The molasses bought at a store will be much much cheaper. It's always nice to save a little bit of money. :D

G

I wish I knew a "trick" thats so simple it'll result in increased yield lol!Blackstrap molasses is the "dregs" at the bottom after the third boiling.Its high in potash and sulfur and a good feeding ground for beneficial micros.Thinking you're going to use a couple tablespoons of blckstrap and automatically increase your yield is foolhardy,especially if you dont have a good understanding of what it is and how it works.I do have a good understanding,used it properly,and saw no increase in yield.I'm not saying if you have an excellent understanding of beneficial micro's,know they are there at the right amounts,and do everything else perfectly that blackstrap wont benefit you.I'm just being realistic about it.

G

I've heard many say blackstrap will increase your yield.I have yet to hear someone say they have tested it under controlled conditions,understands how it works,and had an increased harvest because of it.

Barnstormer

Yes, I have had to stake all my plants to keep them upright from the added weight up top.Im not saying that the RO water was entirly responcible but my last crop didnt need staking.

G

If your plants never needed support you started using R/o water,I'd say its a good bet.When people talk about getting 2 lbs per 1K in soil,you can bet its not with tapwater!

scruffy

I use Blackstrap molasses during flower and during the flush period. Make sure your get Blackstrap, not just plain molasses. Blackstrap has many more nutrients and minerals than others. It is sold as an iron supplement in health food stores. One tablespoon has 70% of your RDA for iron. The sugars are not absorbed directly very much, if at all- the purpose is to feed the microorganisms in the soil, so they can make nutes available to your plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts