What's new

Adding Kief to oil

A commercial coffee filter sitting on top of a #1 Whatman lab filter, in a Buchner funnel.

The coffee filter protects the lab filter from blinding and you can gently brush the coffee filter surface with a small paint brush while filtering, and it will keep the pores open longer.

Am looking to understand what is a #1 Whatman lab filter and which Buchner funnel is better to combine with it.

Any suggestions is more than appreciate !

P.s. How is it possibile to replace the coffee filter? A 125 micron iron sieve mesh will be ok?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Am looking to understand what is a #1 Whatman lab filter and which Buchner funnel is better to combine with it.

Any suggestions is more than appreciate !

P.s. How is it possibile to replace the coffee filter? A 125 micron iron sieve mesh will be ok?

I use a ceramic Buchner like this. They come in different sizes, so pick one that meets your needs.

https://www.amazon.com/United-Scien...er+funnel,aps,204&sr=8-10#feature-bullets-btf

You can order Grade 1 Whatman lab filters to match the size funnel you pick at Amazon as well.

Fitzera

[iframe1]VjxZVpGv_aM[/iframe1]

:tiphat:

I've been looking around at making my own vacuum purge but the cost of the plexi ive been quoted for the lid makes it not worth being a diy. Those guys look to have good units ready to go...I've been considering

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've been looking around at making my own vacuum purge but the cost of the plexi ive been quoted for the lid makes it not worth being a diy. Those guys look to have good units ready to go...I've been considering

Me too. But I think it's very possible to buy the parts and DIY from there. Still, for once in my life I just might buy it already put together.

Bobby Boucher

I buy all my gear from them. Their store is right down the street from here, and their staff is really friendly and helpful, or at least thats what my buddy who shops at their brick and mortar says.

I'd recommend a smaller 1 quart purger for purging quantities up to a half ounce. Makes for perfectly round 4" patties that are thick enough to easily peel, handle, and snap.

I worked with several big chambers before I bought my mini and the little guy really takes the cake in every respect. The larger pieces of plexi also always cracked after awhile.. while my mini is too short and stout to ever cave or crack like that.

Fitzera

Me too. But I think it's very possible to buy the parts and DIY from there. Still, for once in my life I just might buy it already put together.

I buy all my gear from them. Their store is right down the street from here, and their staff is really friendly and helpful, or at least thats what my buddy who shops at their brick and mortar says.

I'd recommend a smaller 1 quart purger for purging quantities up to a half ounce. Makes for perfectly round 4" patties that are thick enough to easily peel, handle, and snap.

I worked with several big chambers before I bought my mini and the little guy really takes the cake in every respect. The larger pieces of plexi also always cracked after awhile.. while my mini is too short and stout to ever cave or crack like that.

To ensure no issues with sag and cracking, I was scouting out 1" thick...and for a 16"x16" I was quoted over $250...and when compared to the put together kit makes it not worth my time and effort. The whole thing is very simple to build, just the cost of that plexi. I had hoped with the price of oil where it is, that end products would have dropped in price.

Also I was looking at their 3gal to ensure I had lots of space for larger runs further down the road.

Bobby Boucher

If I was reclaiming my butane, I might feel a little better about making batches large enough to warrant using one of the larger chambers I have laying around.

As it stands, simply evaporating the tane off, I don't want to create puddles bigger than a few hundred ml. I can go through a couple #s a day using my 18" spool and my little mini chamber, no problem.

It is a bit of a pita making multiple patties, but it mitigates a lot of risk only using a couple cans at a time. I don't even rinse my material very well to begin with, considering it's all going for a secondary 2.5 hour soak for edibles. Less butane is mo' better, ime.

I also recently made a weak coconut oil hash batch. I put it in capsules and I have microdoses now, it's cool, you get to enjoy some benefits of the high without being wasted, and when I want to get wasted I just swallow 4 or 5 of them

Latest posts

Latest posts