What's new

Adding guano to soil,beginner organic,advice needed

hi!

Next round is my first organic grow and need some tips for beginner.

i have soil which is lacking P (and N).

N 120 mg/l
P 90 mg/l
K 600 mg/l

For example to good soil , taken from mandala seeds , is

200-450 mg/l N
200-500 mg/l P
300-550 mg/l K

Got my self bat guano NPK 1-10-1

question. if want to add ,lets say, 400 mg/l P to my soil i need to add 4g guano to liter? P is 10% of guano so that makes 1g*10%= 100mg?

Do you have any advice using guano?
What else i should add to soil? dolomite lime maybe?
Adding N i use chicken shit.

what else i can use? nothing fancy but some basic stuff.

Thanks

PAW

Mar-Tay

from my own experience with guano i usually add to bottom 1/2 of pot to avoid root burn and keep some for making tea for later in flower.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive used High P guano at 5 to 10 grams per litre of soil.

opinions vary on dolomite lime these days, but i use that at 3-5g per litre of soil and get good results with a soil that is 30% peat.

VG

Thanks everyone!

also got some seaweed. Any suggestion how much to 10liter/2.5gal?

My plan is to use regular soil to germination. Repotting to bigger pot with half soil with chicken manure,guano and seaweed.

I think thats good to start with.

PAW

Bongaloid

Please describe your existing soil. Did it come in a bag pre-mixed? What amendments have been added to it already?

Bongaloid

Does the bag give any indication of the source of its nutrients? Are you certain that it contains organic fertilizer and not chemical fertilizer?

Its organic. There is mention that it is compost fertilized soil mix for garden.roughly translated. There is different kind of peat,and chicken manure.

PAW

Bongaloid

Strains grow differently under different circumstances. I would look at the breeder's recommendation as a rough guideline rather than a carved in stone number.

High N guano can get kind of hot too. I think you might invest in some worm castings, cut it into your existing mix at a ratio of something like 3:1. You are going to have to dial it in and don't want to burn up your plants in the process. Worm castings are mild and will feed over time. Sorry I can't give you more specific advice.

Something about using teas:

I wonder is ec meter useful with organic nutes? I read somewhere that ec-meter is only useful with chemical nutes.

Can anyone tell me more about this? It was something about absorbtion.For example if i make organig tea with guano, is there any point to measure ec?

PAW

Jonny Lan

I use guano tea to feed my plants during flower. It helps me to stay in control of things bait better

Jonny Lan

Something about using teas:

I wonder is ec meter useful with organic nutes? I read somewhere that ec-meter is only useful with chemical nutes.

Can anyone tell me more about this? It was something about absorbtion.For example if i make organig tea with guano, is there any point to measure ec?

PAW
And i don't use ec and I'm cool. i never have any problems, but mind you i don't feed heavy i just read the leaves and i usually keep my plants lush green up until week 8-9 when my go's usually fade off i get pretty decent buds
picture.php

ssq.talker

if you are doing microbe -tea ec no matter, but when u adding nuts-like guano ec matters. Make good ewc tea with lilttle amout of guano and dilute it with watter for example 1:1 and all gonna be fine.

My recipe so far. Havent mixed it yet.

4-5g/l chicken 4-1-2. 200mg N
6g/l guano 1-10-1. 600mg P
4g/l ash 0-1-30. 1200mg K
3-4g/l dolomite lime
2g/l seaweed

It will be quite strong. I will mix it as much needed with regular soil. Idea is to use it as flowering soil. Re pot plants after sexing to this.

Any suggestions to mix or to anything?

PAW

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

I'm actually interested in how you tested your soil. was it sent to a lab?

I have basic info from manufacturer and rest is estimation/calculation.

For example guano 1-10-1. There is 10% of P there. So 1gram has 0.1g or 100mg of P.

I think i use ash. There is lots of micros in seaweed. Ash has enough P. PH might rise a bit with this.

PAW