What's new

Addicted to pot ?

G

I was not sure whether to post this here, or in the medical forum, I decided on the toker's den in hopes of getting more replies.

Having been a heavy smoker for 30 years...about a quarter oz. a day....I am suddenly onset with a myriad of physical and emotional problems after moving 100 miles from my connections...and having to start my grow over, and not having any weed to smoke...
In the last month and a half, I have smoked maybe three times. I am in an area heavily populated with weed and growers (outdoor)but have not been able to secure a connection for weed.
In the last month and a half...I have been plagued with severe anxiety...depression...migraine headaches...and my RLS has been worse than ever before. I got two hours of sleep last night...and my legs are going nuts right now.... all I can think about is how I would feel so much better if I would smoke. When I tell my horsey friends (non smoking) about my problems in PMs on the horse BB's...they say I am an addict without my drug...and going through withdrawal, that I would not have these problems if I had never smoked weed. I disagree..I feel that marijuana is my medicine...and ask them how many of them take prescription drugs for similar problems, and nearly all do...valium for anxiety..zoloft for depression..narcotics for RLS....
Money is real tight right now....so I really felt like a crackhead when I pawned my saddle, drove a hundred miles and farted around with my dealer for six hours just to get a half ounce of brick dirtweed.
I try to justify it and tell myself I am not an addict...just a person who needs their medicine...but having the troubles I do in securing bud...it is quite hard not to feel like an addict.....I know what that feels like...I had a problem with coke about ten years ago...and the feeling I had after pawning something..driving all that way for a tiny bag of **** weed was almost identical to the feeling I had after pawning something and searching all over for some coke years ago....
Any thoughts?
Shoulders to cry on ??

Last edited:
G

Yeah Granma I hear ya, I've quit many times for some of the same reasons and had the same problems.Shut down the grow, too old to find a connection, long boring sleepless nights dreaming(daydreaming) of cutting up a nice bud and rolling it up, interacting with other people and saying to myself "Who is this guy, I don't know him(me)".A month passes and you can deal with not having weed but instead you've got a quart of Hennessy and a six pack of beer.I always end up at the liquor store or someplace worse.Hope you feel better.PEACE!!!MUCHA LUCHA!!! :joint:

G

granma I also started around 1972 and havent missed a day I know of except for a 7 month stint in the county resort,I'm as addicted as they come.You can tell an addict by whats called in the industry "dope fiend behavior",it's the behavior that makes the addict not the substance.You've shown by going to the pawn shop what you already know,but granma its only a bad thing in those rarest of situations when we find it unavailable,those always pass.I really wish the world werent so ****ed up and I could help you.How's the neighborhood?Neighbors are often generous if they're comfortable.

G

The American said:
granma I also started around 1972 and havent missed a day I know of except for a 7 month stint in the county resort,I'm as addicted as they come.You can tell an addict by whats called in the industry "dope fiend behavior",it's the behavior that makes the addict not the substance.You've shown by going to the pawn shop what you already know,but granma its only a bad thing in those rarest of situations when we find it unavailable,those always pass.I really wish the world werent so ****ed up and I could help you.How's the neighborhood?Neighbors are often generous if they're comfortable.

The neighborhood is very rural...I live on a farm in an agricultural area. i work in a convenience/country store..and I sell on average about 5 packs of rolling papers a day...my manager is a pillhead who is hooked on adderall...and got me a bud of some piney nutty sativa, but does not seem too interested in getting me a bag...she is too busy with the pills, and she doesn't smoke anymore. She invited me to a party at her house tonight after work, and I am considering going just to meet some peeps and at least get a beer buzz.....but alcohol seems to make my crazy legs even worse....

The county I live in and several surrounding counties are notorious for outdoor grows hidden in corn fields...choppers are flying all over the place already, trying to get to the plants before harvest...I just know that there is probably weed a hundred yards from my house..lol.

G

The American said:
Granma if you're selling wraps all day it won't be long
Yeah, I know...and in about 60 days...I will have some from my basement...we just cut back the light the other day on some foot tall seedlings that we started from some good bagseed.
A big part of the problem is thinking back to about three months ago when I had about 20 grand in my pocket and forty beauties in my basement, and kicking myself for being such an idiot and getting careless enough to get popped and lose it all. The money went so fast after that...getting the vehicles ready for a long move...lots and lots of gas ( we moved everything in two vehicles and it took many trips ) 2000 to my attorney, money well spent, but still ..I am not used to struggling like this...I am the epitome of the phrase...feast or famine..I am wondering how I am going to get gas in my car to get to court on Monday....and I am just as stressed over not smoking a doob...

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
aaaawww...

aaaawww...

Don't look at it like that.Yer not jonesin,ya jus need yer meds for physical ailments(sp) and mental well being,there's a -big- diffrence.I know,I've been there too (years ago).Sorry ta hear about yer weed situation.Hang in there! Somethin will pan out.Take care...BC Edit:sorry I'm slow in this convo,had ta stop and deal with kids.Things do sound good fer a connection in yer area tho!

Last edited:

Old Soul

Veteran
Hey granma, hang in there until you get your grow going again. I definitely do not see that as an addiction. Especially since you cannot get addicted to weed anyway. I am sorry about the financial situation you are in at the moment as the stress from that is probably not helping any. Hope things get better soon.

Peace

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good luck granma

good luck granma

I wish you the best of luck finding and keeping yourself in meds granma. I so feel for you as I am a grandpa whos body has been through lots over the years and understand how hard it is to live without meds. Keeping positive is the best move right now. Be strong and create cause for a better tomorrow.

As a long time member of ICmag I urge all the members here to not let our compassion step in the way of our common sense.

Be Safe
Peace

killa-bud

Veteran
so,ask all your friends that take thoese scripts not to take them for a month,see how they feel,and ask how they like being "addicted"

G

Granma I totally understand what your going through. Recently i moved out west to Oregon about 1600 miles from home. I moved to a city known for counterculture and diversity. the place I came from is the total opposite. I thought i would be in paradise. I didnt know a soul there i mangaged to find a little bit of some real good bud. But i couldnt sleep at night and for the most part i just felt psychotic. To make a long story short i figured i have the skill to grow my own pot and shrms and thats really all i want. so i made a decision to bail back home territory. I dont know if i made the right choice but my livelyhood depends on smoking everyday and moving to a strange place not having any steady connections or friends that i trust to talk to drove me nuts.

robobond

Future Psychopharmacologist
I am glad I don't show any withdrawal symptoms after stopping smoking except for dreams and a desire to smoke. I have been smoking just about everyday for about 4 years and had no problem stopping. God how I love my body chemistry.

PoppinFresh

reminds me of half baked.. remember the scene when thurgood goes to rehab and they boo him off the stage. bob saget asked him if he's ever sucked dick for weed. he says no and then gets booed off the stage. lol.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MhSS5_uc33U (found it last minute lol)

but on a serious note, dropping any habit will cause some withdrawal issues - radical diet changes, relationships, and so on. marijuana isn't just something you've smoke once in a while, it was part of your daily regimen. you've gotta replace that void. overall, it's not a real addiction.

G

It may not be an addiction to you and many fortunate others,it is to granma and I.You don't pawn things then feel guily about it because you just miss something.The pawning possibly,the guilt no.It's a substance like no other,one that I don't mind being addicted to one bit,in fact I prefer it this way lol.Bad times will pass granma,normal life will resume.

THC•20

Well some people are ****in retarded. I feel that problems that we have are more powerful when we stop smoking than when we were is because we have been away from the pain for so long that we've been used to the remedy and if you've never had a cure to your problem then it'd probably be hard to wonder how it feels to be healed, so when the medicine is gone problems come back and it's worse than before. I go through the same thing, I use marijuana medically for appetite stimulator and for depression, I don't have any because I grow my own and I ran out, next plant is drying now though. But like a few weeks ago I weighed about 120, now I weigh under 100 again as when I first started growing. And I'm a male, yeah that sucks...I can only imagine how much I'd weigh now if I never ran out of anything to smoke... as for everything else I guess it's recreational use but is that suppose to make me feel wrong? People smoke cigarettes for what ever the reason may be and get no benefits from it what so ever so if they really feel I'm not benefiting from smoking Cannabis so what. Let me be. But I have also went through withdrawals when I don't have it. The first time is the worse but once you go through it about 6 times it gets easier to deal with the withdrawal when ever there is a time that you don't have any Cannabis.

Last edited:
G

The American understands...he has hit the nail on the head so to speak....I can tell myself all day long that I just need my medicine, but it goes way beyond that when I start looking around the house for something else to pawn.
I do have a job, so do my grown kids,my husband is the only one who does not work ...we all live, work and grow together....but it takes a while to get a paycheck...my boss is holding three weeks pay back...I have no idea why he does that...but it is the best I could do for now. My daughter is a waitress...she just started a new job here...her tips will start rolling in soon....even so...it is really hard not to feel like druggie when I end up going to the lengths I do to smoke a joint...

Babbabud...I would never ever ask anyone to send me weed....not just because it would be a ridiculous request...but it would mean that I would have to let someone know what state I am in...and I am not about to do that. I did not ask for seeds either...when I started this new grow...I grew some good bgaseed..which BTW looks as good as the plants I was growing at the old place...which was not bagseed.

Robobond...I am glad that you have not gone through what I go through, I would not wish it on my worst enemy. Smoke for 30 years like me and you may not have such an easy time giving it up....

killa-bud...I hear ya. I did ask them how they thought they would feel without their scripts...and they all admit they could not live without them...it's the stigma created by the government that makes me an evil addict, and them just patients with a medical ailment...

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Well, cannabis does not cause physical dependancy, if it did, the AMA, FDA, DEA, etc (just to name a few) would certainly have it classified as not just a psychologically dependant substance but would be all too happy (if it were true...which it isn't and proved isn't) to include it in the physical dependant category where all the other opiates/opiate derivatives are classified.

So sounds to me like you are just experiencing normal frustration over not having a ready hook up, and 'perhaps' hoping some generous soul on here will take pity?? If I'm wrong, I do apologize...but it certainly wouldn't be the first time our members have been enticed by a sad story...and again, I mean no false accusations, just the reality of the situation is....been there in too many other instances to not address the possibility of it here. Good to see you post that it would not be your intention to ask, nor receive, seeds or bud. Best to keep it that way.

Babbabud said:
As a long time member of ICmag I urge all the members here to not let our compassion step in the way of our common sense.

Very well said, and from one who has been on the site long enough to know about previous instances.

Yes, there was even someone who came on here and posted as a grieving mother...lost her son in combat battle....oh that had to be the lowest of lows pulled on here.

dg

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
when practicing good medicine it is generally a good rule to never use a medicine for more than a month or two straight. The body must be able to re-adjust after not using periodically so tolerance to the medicinal properties doesnt build.

now whether or not this is truly addiction or just ailments which the canna hides i dont think anyone can say. it has been proven though that canna isnt physically addictive but one can become habitual with it for sure, but perhaps a line was crossed with 30 years of continuous use...

i know im talkin out my ass here cause i try my best to smoke everyday but every other time i use plant medicines (the only kind of meds i use) i never use daily for long periods. perhaps this sheds some new light on my situation as well. I know it hurts not to smoke, but there are other options for healing and well being.
meditation (any kind, sittin in lotus with eyes closed or peaceful serene walks in the garden, just healing and non-thinking time)
other herbs- some which may be of interest -ginseng root (asian, american, siberian [not a Panax sp. but still a good healin herb of the same family i believe]), pau d'arco bark, aswagandha root (may help with sleep some)
there are a few others which i cant seem to think of now.

oh and for RLS, stay away from caffeine (at least past noon), and booze for sure.

good luck with it all granma. the 4 noble truths may shed some light....

G

Dutchgrown said:
So sounds to me like you are just experiencing normal frustration over not having a ready hook up, and 'perhaps' hoping some generous soul on here will take pity?? If I'm wrong, I do apologize...but it certainly wouldn't be the first time our members have been enticed by a sad story...and again, I mean no false accusations, just the reality of the situation is....been there in too many other instances to not address the possibility of it here. Good to see you post that it would not be your intention to ask, nor receive, seeds or bud. Best to keep it that way.

Very well said, and from one who has been on the site long enough to know about previous instances.

Yes, there was even someone who came on here and posted as a grieving mother...lost her son in combat battle....oh that had to be the lowest of lows pulled on here.

dg
Dutchgrown...I can see how some may get the impression that i was hoping someone would offer to send me bud...rest assured I am not...if the offer came through I would respectfully decline. This BB has welcomed me with open arms and I value it dearly...I would not consider compromising myself nor anyone else. I will have smoke soon enough...like I said before...I am going to a party at my bosses house tonight..she invited me so I could meet some locals...

I just needed to vent to people that actually understood where I am coming from..and it has helped.

G

Sheriff Bart said:
when practicing good medicine it is generally a good rule to never use a medicine for more than a month or two straight. The body must be able to re-adjust after not using periodically so tolerance to the medicinal properties doesnt build.

now whether or not this is truly addiction or just ailments which the canna hides i dont think anyone can say. it has been proven though that canna isnt physically addictive but one can become habitual with it for sure, but perhaps a line was crossed with 30 years of continuous use...

i know im talkin out my ass here cause i try my best to smoke everyday but every other time i use plant medicines (the only kind of meds i use) i never use daily for long periods. perhaps this sheds some new light on my situation as well. I know it hurts not to smoke, but there are other options for healing and well being.
meditation (any kind, sittin in lotus with eyes closed or peaceful serene walks in the garden, just healing and non-thinking time)
other herbs- some which may be of interest -ginseng root (asian, american, siberian [not a Panax sp. but still a good healin herb of the same family i believe]), pau d'arco bark, aswagandha root (may help with sleep some)
there are a few others which i cant seem to think of now.

oh and for RLS, stay away from caffeine (at least past noon), and booze for sure.

good luck with it all granma. the 4 noble truths may shed some light....
I usually go for a ride on my horses,but it has been way too hot to ask them to pack me around...busy work around the house is another...I am hanging in there....like I said, I just needed to vent....