What's new

Active intake.

G

I want to cut a hole in my closet for a active intake, but I don't want any light leaks. I was wondering if anyone knows of a article or how to make one of those boxes that has right anglesto break the light. Does this make any sense.

G

Not sure about a light baffle box.

You can do effectively the same thing with a series of right angled PVC pieces. Might have to paint them black though.

G

Good idea phototropic. I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks for the info.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
u need at lest two right angles one after another, to work as a light trap, as in ,light wont pass thru 90degreestwice

G

Thanks for the info guys. I was gonna cut a hole in the wall next to the door, the size of a standard dryer vent and actually use a dryer vent and attach the box to it along with a 4" 120v fan from radio shack to supply my closet with some fresh air and hopefully be able to keep my door closed when the light is on.

Thanks again for all the help.

full time daddy
Veteran
light will leak

light will leak

from the dryer vent if it is a plastic one... but like said 90 deg pvc willl fix that. id use at lest 2

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Just finished experimenting with intake and exhaust designs for my upcoming cab. Another thing that seems to help a lot is to flat black paint the interior 90 degree bend in the pipe ( I use Krylon Ultra Flat Black ). Before painting I needed 2 90 degree bends to kill the light, with the flat black one 90 degree bend seems to do the trick.

-MGJ

full time daddy
Veteran
thx Mr GreenJeans

thx Mr GreenJeans

im just adout to put 2 90 deg's on my in take its a 6" duct but paint and one would be cheaper. all give it the good ol test.
should be fine the room that the intake comes from is dark all the time so i really dont need to but just in case....... i want at lest one 90 deg angle!

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
I wanted to filter my intake to help keep the basement denizens / dust from getting in. I made a box 8" deep by 40"tall x 25"wide. The box mounts against the bottom exterior of one wall of the cabinet, extending up a bit more than 1/2 way up the side wall of the cab. The bottom has an 8' x 20" opening that mates with an opening in the bottom of the cab, the opposite side on top has a 21" x 12" opening to insert 2 heater filters ( one high efficieny behind one regular ). The 21" x 12" opening let a lot of light in, but flat black the interior and the right angle on the bottom keeps it all out.

I think you'll be all set with one 90 degree 00420!

-MGJ

full time daddy
Veteran
yeah im sure i will be

yeah im sure i will be

just nice to know for sure........thx

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
hey

hey

bigmo good luck with them appolos trip you out bid me on hehe
at least i got the mindfuck my first rezdog strain