What's new

Activated charcoal source?

G

I need a source for the activated charcoal used in the carbon scrubbers.

No one stocks in the Dallas area that I can find and I really do not like to place internet orders if I can help it, i'm scared. Esoecially Hydro grow sites. If some one had a commercial supplier or unrelated vendor.

The media is sold to anybody that makes air or water filters and there suppliers wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

Any suggestions?

Tex

G

Thanks Four F and Cougher

I am off to the pet store, I never even thought of that...doh

Tex

G

ebay has activated charcoal

30 lbs. for $35.00

That's the killer deal

Tex

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
hey, thanks for the info Tex, I bought the 20 lb for $25. shipping is about $16 or $17. Still $75-$100 less I've seen so far.

G

check out your local farm supply stores

some use it for their fish ponds and other farm related water treatment

...cheap in bulk amounts

Last edited:
G

I buy my activated carbon from home brewing shops. Here in Finland it's widely used to purify moonshine (is that a correct term for home-distilled spirits?). Pharmacies also sell that stuff, but their prices are outrageous.

G

I got mine from the guy on ebay a few weeks ago and it is killer and the price 25.00 for 30 lbs I think

Tex

G

That stuff works. I got some from the guy the guy on ebay buys his stuff from. He gets 55lb bags and breaks them down, so bulk is cheap! I made 2 buge hamper filters, and they worked like a champ. I had 2k cfm going branched off into two filters. It was awesome to say the least! Oh, its a fish store btw for lots of nice fish. I think they had both saltwater and freshwater fish if memory serves, it was a long time ago. Anyways, those types of places are the places to call. Get the kind that is shards not pellets. It gives you more surface area. Much better than pellets.

full time daddy
Veteran
so ebay is the place....

so ebay is the place....

thats what it look's like to me :)

how come i buy all my growroom stuff off of ebay.....lol