What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Activated Carbon Filtered Joints

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Smooth. (read warning)
20091111-awixiwshbtpjtr4ndt6d7igh7.jpg

The charcoal I use is in small granules, a little bigger than the poppy seeds on a bagel.

This can pose a fire hazard. The activated carbon may heat up, and it may not go out when it touches a surface. As the paper burns away, the charcoal may fall out of the joint and burn your clothes or carpet. Be careful. I suggest putting a little cardboard between the pot and the coal so that you can taste when to stop - the way you normally realize when to stop when using just a cardboard filter. or just pay attention!

This works great in pipes, and if you heat the coal hot enough, it won't go out so you can toke without lighting.
20091111-e96h25erenb5cajxqa22ytw6jr.jpg

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I was stationed in Korea they had charcoal in their cig filters, you had to break them in half to see it, but was all in the filter. Their health guidelines or w/er

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I've tried it. It doesn't seem to affect the high (no reduced potency, or if there is, it's not significant). It does seem to help with smell, and the smoke is smoother.

I recently came across these:

http://www.head-nature.com/04575

04575.jpg

and there's the Roor AC attachment:
291d1234992675-roor-carbon-filters-018.jpg

I'd like to try filling a bong with AC instead of water (carbon INSIDE water makes it worthless, so no water, just AC) - but I don't have a bong atm.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Ya you guys never smoked thru AC.. Its reallly nice... Flavor is better, hit is smoother, an no loose of high.. I just put a screen in my diffuser, right where the joint is blown to the downtube, normally a nice lil bubble there.. I just stick a screen in there and put AC on top... Works nice

D

djam

carbon filters are cool . I like a Parliament once in a while . they got charcoal in there filters .
for my ganja I only smoke connoisseur quality herb so no filter besides water .

F

farmerred

Think you guys are onto somthing here. Any more specific info on which types of flavors are effected and how? What does the charcoal in your roaches look like? Maybe try vaping some used ac to see just how much high is lost to it? If cannabis were a pharmaceutical, much money would be spent to see if ac filtering reduces health risks associated with smoking. If it were legal to grow, the decrease in potency would be a non-issue since supply would not be so limited.

T

theratings

what exactly is this doing for your smoking experience? improved flavor and less harshness? i never had a problem with either but i love that roor attachment's look.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
carbon filters are cool . I like a Parliament once in a while . they got charcoal in there filters .
for my ganja I only smoke connoisseur quality herb so no filter besides water .

Carbon makes my top notch smoke nicer.. And it keeps all ash out of your bong completly..

T

theratings

Either you keep your bong hella clean or that carbon is doing a nice job of keeping it clean.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Yea the bands are for grip..

And the bong was fresh cleaned..

And I dont lose any flavor using them...

A lil closer look at what were fuckin with..

picture.php

G

good drown

i just ordered a ehle 500ml ice bong with diffuser and a AC filter. i cant wait to try it.
when i take some monster rips i sometimes get resin on my teeth from all the smoke, i bet this will prevent that!

Latest posts

Latest posts