What's new

Acrylic vs Glass bongs

SmokeToke1

I always get a kick out of the acrylic and glass debate. It is really simple to figure out which is best. Do you want to drink your bourbon and coke from a plastic cup or a glass tumbler?

Stick to glass, its not only better for you, it tastes better, too.

I'm not sure what you paid for your acrylic bong, but I'll bet you could have bought a pyrex glass bong for almost the same price.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I always get a kick out of the acrylic and glass debate. It is really simple to figure out which is best. Do you want to drink your bourbon and coke from a plastic cup or a glass tumbler?

Stick to glass, its not only better for you, it tastes better, too.

I'm not sure what you paid for your acrylic bong, but I'll bet you could have bought a pyrex glass bong for almost the same price.

This is snobby nonsense. Plastic has it's place. Sure it isn't the pure taste experience, but not everyone can afford to replace the glass bongs that they always break. Plastic is for these people.
Over at Ninja's place, the snobbery around glass is truly ridiculous. "If you can't afford a £500 bong, you shouldn't smoke weed" seriously I have seen words to that effect said. Maybe I prefer to spend my money on um I dunno... weed? "If you can't afford a £1500 set of pro chef knives, you shouldn't cook." "If you can't afford a Ferrarri, you shouldn't drive." Pillocks. Pretentious cork sniffing ass-hattery of the highest order.

About heating plastic, never. not even once, have I seen a plastic bong with a plastic bowl.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

if I can't see through the bong because it's a colored acrylic I won't smoke from it, got no idea what's built up in it etc, mold is a killer.

because it's plastic & can't be seen through a person might be less inclined to be grossed out and happily play the old 'out of sight, out of mind' gig on said bong.

no friggin' thanks.......

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
A nice glass bong will only run you $150

An ounce of beasters is like $250

Buy good pot instead of beasters and buy a glass bong.

It may be an age thing. Everyone had an acrylic bong in high school