What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACMPR-Personal Use Production "RENEWAL"...Wait time.

silvi

Received my ACMPR from HC today, I must have passed, lol. They received my application on Sept 15 according to the person I talked to on Dec 15. I did not send it registered mail but will probably start, next time for renewal.

silvi

catalyte

Veteran
^ i just looked over the ACMPR Form PDF and for a renewal i'm not seeing anywhere a Dr's signature is needed...

Is it necessary to any paperwork signed from your Dr. for a renewal?

Limeygreen

Veteran
About a month for renewal, wrote renewal on both sides which I felt silly doing but why not plus xpresspost.

Buddha1

Veteran
Anyone know approx., how long the renewal process is now??...I've heard anywhere from 2 months to 4 weeks.

Just sent in my 3rd ACMPR application and 2nd renewal with no changes. Should be faster now I would think...anyone know for sure the time line for a 2nd renewal with no changes. I guess the saving grace this time is the 12 months from date of issue...instead of 12 months from signature date of the doctor on your medical document.

This always stresses me...the waiting for the government employee to process applications/paper work.

Peace...B

Limeygreen

Veteran
8-10 weeks for renewal. Your mileage may vary though.

They started to get more applications for medical still so who knows if things will still be slow.

Buddha1

Veteran
8-10 weeks for renewal. Your mileage may vary though.

They started to get more applications for medical still so who knows if things will still be slow.

Was kinda hoping they would have there shit together a bit better by now...:wallbash:.

But even if its a brave new world, with the legalization of Marijuana here in Canada...its still the same ol' government.

Peace...B

browntrout

Veteran
Side question, do you need to get a new prescription every year to renew your license with health Canada? Or do you just supply the original script and renew the HC paperwork with that?

Buddha1

Veteran
Side question, do you need to get a new prescription every year to renew your license with health Canada? Or do you just supply the original script and renew the HC paperwork with that?

Like Limygreen said...new medical document(prescription) every time you apply.

Using the same medical document/presciption to renew your Medical MJ license every year and only submitting a new presciption when there has been changes(grams/day...etc.), makes to much sense for the government...they like as complicated as possible.

People have wondered this same issue since the begining of the old MMAR program until now...most illnesses that Medical MJ is used for rarely correct or go away. At the very lease it should be like a drivers license...good for 5 years unless situations change and adjustments to the license is needed.

Peace...B

Last edited:

beanja

I hear ya on the renewal part . it is a hassle having to do it each year ... If you were in the mmar you don't need a renewal ever which is the biggest crock of shit ever.

Buddha1

Veteran
I’m renewing today. Gonna be on time, unless they drag their ass, again.

I sent mine 2 day express with signature needed on 6th of Dec., wasn't acepted and signed for til Dec. 19th in Ottawa...postal strike slowage.
I was hoping for a speedy return...but from what people are saying, it'll be close to the end of Feb. 2019 before I'll see any response.

Like I said in an earlier post, licenses should be like a drivers license...good for five years.

I've had chronic arthritis since I was 30, I'm now 60(its never gone away and it never will)...just keeps getting worse every year. I've lost my doctor 6 times over the past 10 years and had to find another Doc to sign(you want to talk about massive intense stress...fuuuccck me!!...lol)...just so I can legally keep using and growing the medicine that works best for me(And please people...don't start talking about all that rebel crap, about growing without permits and fuck the government stuff...I'm older now and don't want to risk things like I did as a young guy...I've done all the repel stuff I'm going to do in the past 40 years...I just want peace and quite for a change from now on in my life...lol...You kids can do the rebel thing if you want, I'm done changing the world...lmfao!).

I'm thinking a 5 year license would really help quite a few of us out...:groupwave:...:tiphat:.

Peace...B

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Growing weed for your own medicine isn't rebel activity, but you won't even drive stoned will you, so no sense talking about it :)

Buddha1

Veteran
Growing weed for your own medicine isn't rebel activity, but you won't even drive stoned will you, so no sense talking about it :)

Wow...the exact reason I put the statement in my post about...DON'T, hit me with all the rebel rhetoric and activities. There's always a person in the crowd who has to point out short coming that don't parallel there moral values or opinions. It's pretty easy for someone to tell or convince another to take risks...because they themselves are risking NOTHING.

As you can tell...I'm pretty sick and tired of the "Your opinion doesn't count...mine is better"...attitude.
And another thing...Driving impaired under the influence of any substance, is not only completely stupid, it's also completely irresponsible...driving under the influence just to be COOL, that sums you up, entirely immature and thoughtless.

FUCK ME...B

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts