What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aceh weed (Indonesia's finest)

tripledraw

i agree, this actually looks very decent compared to what i normally get. always depends on the provider though - sometimes it comes in bricks, nuggets, or worst of all shakes.

i normally stock up 200gr for 600k, just to limit the amount of times i need to score. hopefully i can sustain myself soon enough :)

Gert Lush

Veteran
Thanks for that info and the pics tralalatrilili, it's always good to have information from a real local, on the spot, so to speak. How seeded are the buds?

Oh, and one more question: Does bud from Kalimantan ever make its way to your parts?

tralalatrilili

i never had a chance to score kalimantan strain..actually, we never asked about the origin when we bought. all we know is its weed. but the most of goods in jakarta markets is from aceh because the aceh cartels are the main players in indonesian weed markets. as i know, the land in kalimantan is not so fertile. because it has very high acidity.
@tripledraw... you already got a nice supplies there man..

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

It's great that so many of you have been or you are still in Indonesia. Surely, you have thrown seeds from buds that would have been the dream of almost all growers.

Did you know a dissapeared Indonesian forum called Legalisasi Ganja?

I have read almost all weed there is from Aceh. Which it's not a bad thing at all! :D

I have read about the amazing high of the Sumatran Tripping Weed from Aceh and other strains.

My indonesian seed came from a Swiss seedbank 20 years ago. That seedbank (ethnobotanicals) stopped selling cannabis seed fifteen years ago. The Indonesian was $5 for 70 seeds because nobody wanted landrace tropical seed. It was hand gathered in Indonesia and never grown in Switzerland (as far as I know). The description said "semi wild landrace seed. The natives grow this by burning down a patch of jungle then scattering the seeds on the ashes. Seed viability probably very low"

In fact I had almost 100% germination. Seeds are tiny and black. I grew this line as a pure line for about ten years until the police took all my seeds and I lost it. At the time I had no idea that one day this seed would become rare. I had hundreds of thousands of seeds.

Indonesian is the most consistently potent sativa I have ever grown or smoked. Very racey, very paranoia inducing and some of the harshest tasting weed I've ever experienced. Very easy to grow, very tough, 100% mould resistant and every crop always had early flowering phenotypes that actually began flowering BEFORE my earliest skunk or indica. Apart from the taste I couldn't fault Indonesian and boy do I miss it now. I used to cross a really early Indonesian with my other sativas (especially Thai) to bring back the flowering and I thought nothing of it. Now I realise that I must have had something special. Indonesian was the first pure sativa line that I ever worked with extensively and so I didn't know any better. I thought all sativas were like Indonesian.

"Sumatran Tripping weed" as it was called in the 80's is a different animal altogether. Possibly the most potent weed I've ever smoked (equal with Thai Stick). A bit like smoking methamphetamine.

My biggest crop of mostly landrace sativas was 1500 plants over 9 feet tall outdoors in the bush. I got busted with them. I also got busted with 60 pounds of dried weed (that I grew myself) a few years earlier before that big crop. So I've seen a lot of sativas and have the battle scars (prison time) to prove it.

scrubdog

Here is a pic I found in the Aceh Globe web.

9688615_612x612.jpeg

There is a story about the Kalimantan origin of the Colombian strains.

Best regards.

tripledraw

@ahortator not sure about the forum, but the website is currently under construction (http://www.legalisasiganja.com/). There's a group that actively lobbies for legalization but the angle they pick is on how useful hemp can be. They have FB and tumblr. And yep, I've probably thrown away a few hundred thousand seeds in the past 2 years - and still have several hundred in my baggies :D

Might have been active with them if i was younger and single, but the law threat is still quite real and i'd rather keep myself on the down low.

Just started germinating a few seeds today, planning to pick up some pots, soil and nutes tomorrow. In the past 3 months all 3 of my dealers got busted so hopefully this'll work out.

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Tripledraw

I have seen their web and forum when they worked some months ago. So I think that the members must be now running away.

It is a pity you throw away so amazing seed strains collection :D

Beside Aceh, is it possible to get weed (with seeds inside :D ) from Irian Jaya in JKT too?

God luck with your growing project.

bigbag

Veteran
I recall Shantibaba doing a seed expedition in Irian Jaya, and was as treacherous as was fruitless :(

tripledraw

Hi Ahortator

There have been talks about the strain from Papua (formerly Irian Jaya), but it's almost mythical as I've never met anyone who can provide. Will be going there before end of year, so we'll see ;)

None of my Acehnese seeds are viable so far - most likely due to all the mistreatment they may have gotten before reaching Jkt/my pocket. Tried germinating about 40 seeds using various methods the past 3 weeks, but those which cracked at all have liquidy mold-like substance instead of taproot.

Those were bagseeds from only 2 different scores, just got more and I hope some of these will be viable.

Growing some fem'd kush for now and they're doing well, but really looking to tame and optimize the Acehnese landrace :)

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Tripledraw

It's a pity that none of your Acehnese seeds had germinated. I hope you have more luck with other batches.

It is amazing you can travel to Papua.

Best regards.

matamerah

Hi all..i am new comer here. I once worked in Aceh and North Sumatra for 5 years after tsunami, and from my experience Aceh Ganja has good taste when you got it fresh from the field..it only cost 30 - 50K rupias per 100 gram. But Acehnese grower had lack knowledge about how to treat the plant from germinating until harvesting, also they wrap it up with paper and ducktape (1kg per package) before it dry well and send it to other city like Jakarta. So, probably if you buy Aceh ganja in jakarta you would get a less quality with high price.

fab

Large scale cannabis producer is in aceh province. Although very little information but few of crime news had reported of cannabis busted in papua province too. Never heard of Borneo cannabis. From Aceh, people brought the seeds and cultivate in another places. Therefore you may find cannabis in samosir island (north sumatra), mandailing natal (north sumatra), even a friend of mine who works in palm oil plantation had spotted an indica look plant wildly grow in the jungle up in the mountain of bengkulu province. As for Dubi, I was the one who sent him the seeds long time ago and unfortunately turned into hermie.

idiit

Veteran
^^ 5 new members re post count;fab,matamerah,tripledraw,Volksrod,SativaSmoker. welcome to the landrace lover site! :)

fab, cool that you sourced dubi's aceh.

There have been talks about the strain from Papua (formerly Irian Jaya), but it's almost mythical as I've never met anyone who can provide. Will be going there before end of year, so we'll see

^^ southern star seeds does have a png hybrid called nanan bouclou. the other part of nb is a haitian. both the png and haitian were sourced from indigenous natives according to emails with sss. the haitian looks different than the png and therefore easy to select for.

cannibalism is still big league sport in png. go after lunch. :)

a well respected ic mag member met up with the owner of sss and the owner went on a bit about how much he liked his png. only one way to find out! :)

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
I watched a documentary the other night about the tribes of people living in Ache, on the islands and they were saying they could possibly be traced back to Africa. Supposedly they migrated a long, long, time ago.

matamerah

Hi Tripledraw

It's a pity that none of your Acehnese seeds had germinated. I hope you have more luck with other batches.

It is amazing you can travel to Papua.

Best regards.

Nowadays, because the legalization issue which has spread the world, there are many potheads in Jakarta and other cities in Indonesia who have start to plant Aceh seed indoor and outdoor for own usage, and some of them works well. Of course its very dangerous thing to do in here because the drug law is still very strict.

Thanks to internet and this kind of forum from which they get information for breeding quality strain. :tiphat:

Anyone make any recent trips to Sumatra? Wondering how hard it would be to hop on a plane and git er done. Aside from the life sentences and wutnot, how difficult is pot to obtain from a cab driver or Tuk Tuk driver equivalent on the ground?

bushweed

Veteran
Anyone make any recent trips to Sumatra? Wondering how hard it would be to hop on a plane and git er done. Aside from the life sentences and wutnot, how difficult is pot to obtain from a cab driver or Tuk Tuk driver equivalent on the ground?

Not hard in the north of Sumatra where the good stuff grows. Draconian laws exist in Indonesia, but this is balanced by the fact that per population there are very few police, coupled with the fact that trouble can be removed by a small donation to the local police football team etc. IME people are as friendly here as the rest of SE Asia, certainly more friendly than Malaysians. Fly to Medan and take the 6 hour bus ride to Lake Toba, where the original 'tripping weed' orginates, and still exists. Lake Toba is the world's largest extinct shield volcano and is filled with fresh water. It is populated by locals who aren't Muslim, but practice vestiges of animism (not cannibals anymore). In the middle of the lake is Tuk Tuk island. Try the Reggae guesthouse.

Bushy you are a gentleman and a scholar.... I will do ASAP... After I get my fifty posts and pass from this larval stage, that is. I'm not juicy enough for cannibal use. Too many bones and slightly rotten, not worth the trouble I suppose.