What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Thai

GainesvilleGreen

Hello icmag,

Bought a pack of Ace Thai 10pk regs. Planted 2 and both of them popped.
Grow area 3x3
Lights 350 watt led
Light schedule from seed 11/13
Promix HP soil
Maxi grow and bloom nutrients
Hope to get one female out of it.

IMG_20240329_143937134.jpg

GainesvilleGreen

On it like white on rice.
Going to be a great ride bro:rasta: never grown a Thai
Let's go 💪 fingers crossed on the female bro 🤞
Definitely, should get one. If not, I'll save some pollen if he looks right.
Cheers bro
Sure you'll get at least one. You'll be lucky if you get two females. Hell, you'll be extra-lucky if you get three females!
Can't get 3 out of 2 but I'll take it..lol
Hopefully - but not at all sure. They could easily both be males.
Sure, no problems. Just wanted to grow these beans out. If both are dudes, it's all good.
Takes a while to sex this one too I would imagine. Would personally increase my odds of getting the girl by popping a couple more. Of course don't know if there are some plant count limitations or the like at play in this case.
I feel you on what you're saying but it's only a 3x3 tent and if there's 3 females, I'm in trouble in this little tent.lol.
No plant count limitations in my zip code.. 😂
Thanks for the feedback GG

IMG_20240402_134516292.jpg

Cheers folks

GainesvilleGreen

I have a 6 pack of these and, since im only working with 3 New Caledonia females, im thinking of popping them. In 2 gallon pots for start and i'd have to go 11/13 straight from seed. Not sure yet
Hell yeah,
I was thinking 2- 3 gallons as finals. I should have enough room from 11/13.
I read Sativaman recommended a 6 week veg, don't quote me on that, but was working with a little more room.
Hey friend,

They look so cool already with the thin leaves. :cool:

I'm in. :kos:🍿

@RobFromTX
Make a Thailedonia! 😁
Thanks my friend for being here. Hope to put off a decent show.
:good:
@GainesvilleGreen you can take some clones from them and grow them along the seed plants. Pure sativa clones do better indoors than the plants themselves, are easier to tame, yield more, you can fit a lot of them in smaller pots... just a thought,
Appreciate it reveg, great idea. Might give it a try, thanks

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Hell yeah,
I was thinking 2- 3 gallons as finals. I should have enough room from 11/13.
I read Sativaman recommended a 6 week veg, don't quote me on that, but was working with a little more room.

Thanks my friend for being here. Hope to put off a decent show.
:good:

Appreciate it reveg, great idea. Might give it a try, thanks

Im growing in a 5x5 tent. I figure starting flowering from seed should offset the massive stretch a bit but who knows. Sativas are so unpredictable, yet very fun to grow

kaochiu

Veteran
If I had to talk based on my own experience with thais (once in 06-07, landrace thai seeds gifted by a friend), I would have said… two hermies.:censored: As for “can't get three out of two”… this is the Icmag! I'm sure I've seen twins sprouting somewhere, but of course, it was a childish joke.
My way to control indoor sativas is giving them the veg and basic shape topping and bending in small 2 litre pots for as long as it takes to reach 25cm, more or less, then repotting in 11litres a week after flipping to 11/13. It's based on a Nevil's tip he posted in the XIXth century, and it works everytime for me. You still get the odd extra twig that shoots up like a bullet, but flexible to accomodate through the net, also cornering the taller phenos before they stretch.

GainesvilleGreen

Im growing in a 5x5 tent. I figure starting flowering from seed should offset the massive stretch a bit but who knows. Sativas are so unpredictable, yet very fun to grow
I grew a Ace Malawi x Panama in a 4x2 tent, totally kick my ass, lol. Had to supercrop in flower because of the height. I have hybrids in my 5x5 so respect for you giving them that much room.
If I had to talk based on my own experience with thais (once in 06-07, landrace thai seeds gifted by a friend), I would have said… two hermies.:censored: As for “can't get three out of two”… this is the Icmag! I'm sure I've seen twins sprouting somewhere, but of course, it was a childish joke.
My way to control indoor sativas is giving them the veg and basic shape topping and bending in small 2 litre pots for as long as it takes to reach 25cm, more or less, then repotting in 11litres a week after flipping to 11/13. It's based on a Nevil's tip he posted in the XIXth century, and it works everytime for me. You still get the odd extra twig that shoots up like a bullet, but flexible to accomodate through the net, also cornering the taller phenos before they stretch.
Appreciate it my friend for the advice. I've got about 20 more beans or so left on the Thai. Figured I run them straight on 11/13 to see what I'm working with. I plan on running these seeds for awhile.
I usually veg before flower but decided to do something different. Didn't want to get overwhelmed with big plants.
IMG_20240407_150012925.jpg

Cheers folks

GainesvilleGreen

Hello folks,

Just wanted to document my first light feeding with this strain.
Tap water: 55 ppms
Cal/mag and Maxi grow 155ppms

I'll post biweekly/weekly after this. Don't want to bore you guys with too much with Veg growth.
Going into 3 gallons next uppot.

Cheers
IMG_20240409_115056155.jpg

Give me one female please :dance013:

Last edited:

GainesvilleGreen

Hello folks,

Going to increase my Maxi grow with cal/mag nutrients a little more for the next feeding.when this soil dries out more.
So I'm doing feed/feed/ water.
Leaves are a little pale green then my hybrids.
Well see what happens folks
IMG_20240417_171811912.jpg

IMG_20240417_171817337.jpg

Last pic wanting a female, a lot of time left to make that decision.
Hope everyone is blazing having a great Wednesday
@dubi
Peace

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
They look fine, and a lighter green not necessarily means lack of anything, those narrow leaves tend to be a lighter colour than the wide ones. Dark green and narrow leaf could mean an excess of N. Not an exact science though, but the pot is big enough to have all nutes needed for the young plant. Warm temps 22-27ºc and higher humid 60-80% helps them when growing, (but of course, when flowering, lower humidity for avoiding mould issues).
Tell them you are going to the pub and come back two days later. If the leaves went upwards, female, and if it's the stem that stretches, male. Well… maybe not, eh! Just kidding.