What's new

ACE Seeds or Mr. Nice

Tiami

hi fizzbomb
thanks. I googled rats tinfoil and this is what I got:
''They line their nests with cloth, paper, or in the case of the pack rat, shiny metal objects like bottle caps or aluminum foil.''
''They like shiny objects and will hoard aluminum foil.''

maybe it works for mice but it doesn't sound like a good idea for rats. I found out they don't like smells of mint, pepper and mothballs. I have to think how to use these stuff as repelant. also they can't chew through steelwool.

@CC
nice line up. you are a dedicated grower I see. :biggrin: you still consider KM being your top sativa? I guess it's too early to tell :rasta: I somehow don't like the idea of having more than one really late flowring strain. also you never know what you get from 3,4 or 5 seeds that's why I'd like to pop a bit more. I'll have to choose between KM, VietBlack, Malawi or it's hybrid for late flowerer. Nepjam and Panama are sure :laughing:
wish you plenty of sun for african and KM I guess.

Tiami

hi everyone.

it's gonna be Ace seeds for sure. panama is there. what would be other best strains (2 or 3) for hot and dry mediterranian climate, 42N? would love to try a mao thai hybrid but I think it wouldn't fibish on time..

Tipz

MgHz

MgHz

the mango haze is not stabilized, it has lots of variability in the phenos. All plants however were really splendid. you just have to find the right one! best tipz

Attachments

• P1000591.jpg
    P1000591.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 8

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Tiami :)

it's funny to see this kind of debate/comparisons, i guess is quite subjective, and ACE and Mr Nice have very little in common, shanti's work is more focused on the old classic north american/dutch lines, the widows and the famous 'dutch' haze clones. Our catalogue is mostly based in landraces and landrace hybrids not related to the north american/dutch genepool.

All our strains have been bred and tested in mediterranean climate, im sure they will work great in your island.

Old Kali Mist was my favourite dutch sativa, now im not sure, i havent grown her from seed for the past 10 years.

Tiami

Thank you Dubi.

agreed I could have named this thread better. :biggrin: what I'm looking is outdoor strains which will give me best result in my climate. I really respect your work with landraces and want to try them. it' a big plus that your plants were bred in same climate I have. even long flowering like Hazes were bred there?

after reading quite a few threads here it seems I can't go wrong with any of your strains. which strains would you suggest since you know this climate and plant behaviour there? maybe a thing to consider we have some wild winds blowing regulary and lots of dew.

from what I've read for high yielding and early flowering strain my guess is that OE would be better choice than Nepjam or Bangi which seems to start flowering late. Panama looks like a must for our climate. Tikal sounds better choice than Congo but I might be wrong. Mao Thai hybrids too tropical? Zamaldelica might be worth the risk..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Tiami,

The breeding of some of our lines was started in a more continental or colder climate here in Spain, but later all of them have been reproduced and tested at some point around 37N coastal mediterranean climate. Even the longest flowering lines like haze or thais have been finished in this kind of climate, although the temps and light intensity are not the best here around November/December, we recommend more subtropical/tropical climates to achieve best potential of the tropical sativas.

For mediterranean climate you can grow without any problem Malawi, Panama, Golden Tiger, Tikal, Orient Express, Congo, Nepalese Jam, Bangi Haze ... even Zamaldelica.
Hope it helps!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Tiami, I'm at 56 north. I can only dream of having your grow environment rats included. Honestly I've never tried Mr. Nice seeds. I can only tell you of the great service, shipping, customer service and certainly genetics of Ace seeds. Yes everything here has to be moved indoors July sometime depending on flowering time needed. Dubi is very patient and willing to help all with their genetics choices. My location presents many challenges for someone who loves sativas. Ace has shortened this learning curve by several filial generations for me. I proudly run Ace genetics Peace

yoss33

Veteran
Haze hybrids have 2 main disadvantages to Ace's sativas for outdoor growing:
1) they mold easier (some - much easier, like the fat hybrids they are),
2) they have weaker branches that break easily, especially when heavy with buds.
Both are due to many generations of indoors-only selection.

I wouldn't be scared to try any of Ace's sativas on a mediterranean island. Only the purest Haze and Thai will not work. The extreme sativas are very resistant to autumn rains and it's surprising to see how November strains perform better (less losses to mold and broken branches) than October hybrids.

Oh, and it's funny to be so high as to miss the dates and answer a 4-year-old question :)

Texan

Lol its funny this thread popped up. I have a pack of Mr Nice Black Widow and Ace Bangi Haze...can't decide which ones to pop first.