What's new

Ace Seeds Feminized Mix Pack; 1 Plant Grow

Texan

Nice grow Texan!

Plants look healthy and fat. i read the thread but didnt spot what you are feeding them? can you tell something about the soil?

last grow i did was my first organic grow and it went ok. didnt feed teas,only top dressing guano,chicken manure and palm three ash.

PAW
Thank you PAW!

Sure, I'll be happy to answer your question.

My soil is recycled organic soil I made a couple of years ago. I regularly add fruit/veg scraps to it, compost/guanos/EWC, alfalfa & kelp. As the soil breaks down and compacts after use, I add a little coco coir and lime to keep it fluffy. It is really rich loamy soil. The problem I have is that I have a overgrown plant in a small pot so i need to water constantly. I feed heavy teas with every feeding every 2-3 days. Still getting a few yellow leaves here and there but the buds look great!

Here is my mix:
-2 bag Roots Organic
-2 bag Roots Earthworm Casting
-2 bag Humus/Steer Compost
-2 Coco Coir Bricks
-1 oz. Rhizosphere
-3.5 oz. Mycos Spores
-5 lbs Alfalfa Meal
-5 lbs Kelp Meal
-5 lbs Green Sand
-4 lbs total guano
1 lbs Mexican BG
1 lbs Jamacian BG
1 lbs Indonesian BG
1 lbs Peruvian SBG

ank85i.jpg

30bl8ch.jpg

2hq6s6x.jpg

aypw75.jpg

Final Product:
axekau.jpg

I mainly use this soil outdoors but every season I re-add my amendments.

Thanks! nice rich soil!

my soil was much simple. first timer and just added what i though would be usefull.

heres is my recipe. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6579488&postcount=21

i thing im gonna get some rockdust and add that also. maybe some coco too.

i have one plant in liter/quart pot. she seems to be quite happy. some overfert,but it was just a test how seedling can cope. looking forward the actual round with this.

this post is getting offtopic :)

how do you make your teas? you said you ar feedin heavy teas.

PAW

SecondAttempt

Don't let the lack of love get you down homie you'll be smoking your tears away soon. Plant is developed really well for 5 weeks, did you and/or Dubi decide what you think the genetics are yet?

Wow, ICMAG is tough....seems like unless you are in the inner circle, no on talks to you or gives you advice/input. No one really likes Texans much anyway so whatever.

Either way, here's another update if anyone cares to look.

I went ahead and just doubled my tea feedings to keep the micro herd happy/healthy. Still organic. Plant is still feeding a lot but I think I will be OK for now.

The aroma is really starting to get complex. Originally, the entire plant would smell like fresh woody cedar. I cannot emphasize the word FRESH enough. It smells like a cedar forest after a warm coastal rain shower if that makes any sense. In the last couple of days, the flowers are spewing out a very strong citrus type smell. It literally smells like cedar and fresh cut oranges!!! There is also a very obvious FUNK in the background but it is not skunky at all. Basically, I love the smells, it is very nice.

The trichome production on this plant is what really impresses me. It is kind of weird as I have never seen this before, but the trichomes are very small, almost smaller than normal sized trichome. But they are so abundant, that the flowers are totally crusted. I was reading a Jorge Cervantes book and he said that smaller trichomes indicates strong Sativa genetic influence. Does anyone have any insight on this? Either way, the flowers are seriously very sticky. So sticky that it actually gets kind of annoying trying to work on her. I would rub my fingers afterwards and have tiny little hash balls that I drop into my bowl and smoke later. Haha, it works out in the end.

Either way, that is my report on my girl so far. Don't mind the droop as I snapped these right before I fed her. Here are some pictures from DAY 37 FLOWER:

Beautiful plant! Looks like a very productive hybrid. I've also heard of the what you said, that is, the trichomes of sativa genetics being smaller. Read about it while researching screen sizes for making hash and the like. I can't say I've ever tested that theory myself, but I would say your plant has some sativa influence, based on the shape of the leaves. Good luck with the harvest, and let us know how it smokes.

:ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Texan,

It's indeed a nice plant. Her feeding requirements, flower structure and aromas you describe (forest after rain) makes me feel that it's most probably an Orient Express or a OE hybrid. Continue with the strong feeding, OE genetics love strong feeding at this stage. I'm glad you are enjoying her :)

Texan

Thanks! nice rich soil!

my soil was much simple. first timer and just added what i though would be usefull.

heres is my recipe. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6579488&postcount=21

i thing im gonna get some rockdust and add that also. maybe some coco too.

i have one plant in liter/quart pot. she seems to be quite happy. some overfert,but it was just a test how seedling can cope. looking forward the actual round with this.

this post is getting offtopic :)

how do you make your teas? you said you ar feedin heavy teas.

PAW

Hey PAW I share the same passion as you when it comes to organics. I started learning about organics a couple of years ago. I made a batch of soil and it was really nice outdoors. I have been recycling that same soil with new amendments/kitchen scraps/grass clippings/EWC/coco and the soil gets better every year. I wanted to try it indoors for the first time so I baked some soil in the oven to kill bugs/molds to sterilize it. I realized that it killed all the micro herd but once I started feedings teas they have repopulated and I like the results. I harvested some other plants recently after feeding high P bat guano and the flavors and aromas are out of this world. So after that, I really am trying to learn how to make a self sufficient organic system. I am still trying different methods and see what I can learn as a grower.

As for my teas, 1-2 scoops of high P bat guano/ewc/alfalfa/kelp in 6 gallon bucket. I have a small air stone in the bottom bubbling the mix. I feed every 2-3 days and go through 2 buckets a week. Not a very efficient system but working for me non the less.

Don't let the lack of love get you down homie you'll be smoking your tears away soon. Plant is developed really well for 5 weeks, did you and/or Dubi decide what you think the genetics are yet?
Hey thanks for sticking around since the begingin. This plant has been living for more almost 4 months now, wow!

In the beginning it looked like a PCK but Dubi think it has Oriental Express in it due to the aromas I am getting (wet forest).

No one will ever really know but it sure is nice whatever it is.
Beautiful plant! Looks like a very productive hybrid. I've also heard of the what you said, that is, the trichomes of sativa genetics being smaller. Read about it while researching screen sizes for making hash and the like. I can't say I've ever tested that theory myself, but I would say your plant has some sativa influence, based on the shape of the leaves. Good luck with the harvest, and let us know how it smokes.

Yeah, the book I read that old school Sativas has smaller resin heads than Indica predominate plants. I noticed that this plant had really fat Indica leaves during the veg phase and much skinnier Sativa leaves after I switched to the bloom phase. The resin heads are really tiny compared to other plants I have grown so it made me curious. I think the final product will be quite complex to say the least.
Hi Texan,

It's indeed a nice plant. Her feeding requirements, flower structure and aromas you describe (forest after rain) makes me feel that it's most probably an Orient Express or a OE hybrid. Continue with the strong feeding, OE genetics love strong feeding at this stage. I'm glad you are enjoying her :)

I am very happy with her. Her colas are getting so heavy that they are starting to tip over in places. Very productive genetics Dubi! I lost count of how many bud sites.

konopenko

Veteran
Lovely soil mix Texan, its nice to have developed market so you can amount all ingridients..I cant find 30% of your stuff in our stores and at specialized retailers :)
I saw you used green sand..whats the story?
Regards from Ljubljana:tiphat:

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Good grow, Texan. It's looking really nice :) Sounds like you may have gotten into some SE Asian genetics after all.

I'm a recycled organic soil grower too. Have you llooked into the user Microbeman here on IC at all? I follow most of his advice on tea brewing, and the results have been great. I think if you'd like to ramp up your tea strength, adding molasses to your brew would be a great start. I like to use unsulphured blackstrap molasses for extra micro nutrients. Also he warns that brews using kelp meal tend to take a longer brew--apparently the kelp meal delays microbial development for around 24 hours, so adding an extra day to your brew could be beneficial too. Don't worry, there aren't any other side effects to using kelp meal.

Here's a link to a link ;) hope it helps!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=220398

Best of luck

Texan

Lovely soil mix Texan, its nice to have developed market so you can amount all ingridients..I cant find 30% of your stuff in our stores and at specialized retailers :)
I saw you used green sand..whats the story?
Regards from Ljubljana:tiphat:
Thank you konopenko!

Actually, I had a hard time finding my ingredients too. I never found the Rock Dust I wanted. I don't go to hydro shops. Living in Texas has it's advantages. We have a lot of farms and livestock as I am sure everyone knows. I went to a feed store for cattle and found my Alfalfa Meal. I went to an agrcultural fertilizer warehouse and found the Kelp Mean and Guanos/EWC/Greensand. Making a healthy soil is hard work and sometimes a grower needs to go hunting for the right stuff. It's part of the game.

You asked me about the Green Sand. Well, when I was first researching about organics growing, I found this chart:

kf1gdl.png

29pb3p4.png

If you look at it closer, you will see that Green Sand covers the majority of all trace elements. It is also very high in iron and is a great chelate for trace nutrient absorption.

I figured that Less is More and if I can use 1 ingredient to cover several trace minerals then great!

Also, Green Sand breaks down veryyyy slowly and is hard to flush out. In my opinion, this is what makes the soil better every year, it just breaks down slow and helps stabilize things.

Texan

Good grow, Texan. It's looking really nice :) Sounds like you may have gotten into some SE Asian genetics after all.

I'm a recycled organic soil grower too. Have you llooked into the user Microbeman here on IC at all? I follow most of his advice on tea brewing, and the results have been great. I think if you'd like to ramp up your tea strength, adding molasses to your brew would be a great start. I like to use unsulphured blackstrap molasses for extra micro nutrients. Also he warns that brews using kelp meal tend to take a longer brew--apparently the kelp meal delays microbial development for around 24 hours, so adding an extra day to your brew could be beneficial too. Don't worry, there aren't any other side effects to using kelp meal.

Here's a link to a link hope it helps!

Best of luck
Thanks man! Yeah, she does have some Asian Sativa influence on her, I am confident since the smell is starting to get citric. But I still think she is Indica predominate. I am just not sure if it is a PCK or China Yunnun/OE influence. We will see as the days go by.

It's funny you mention Microbeman. I have also read his material extensively. He is very knowledgeable and have learned a lot from him!

My tea bucket is 6 gallons. I feeds about 1-2 gallons every couple of days. The kelp in my tea bucket stays there all week so the tea gets stronger as it sits. The thing with Kelp and Alfalfa is that that it has some very strong and beneficial hormones that helps our cannabis flourish. The issue is as you mentioned, it takes time for those properties to be released and available for absorption. As the week goes by, the tea brew gets stronger and all I do is top off the bucket with more water and ingredients as it get empty.

I still have some deficiencies but I think that is more related to me being severely root bound and not a soil/feed problem. It's ok though. Like I said, the colas continue to swell and I give my girl all that I can. Every grow has it's challenges.

Also, I love molasses just as much as the next guy and plan on using it starting in a few days! I use Grandmas Molasses and it works awesome! I just don't mix molasses in my tea bucket since it always clogs my airstone, haha.

But like I said, I love molasses. Especially when combined with high P bat guano. I grew an Afghan Kush plant a few years ago with strictly guano/molasses in the flower phase and let me tell you. The find product was out of this world. The aromas were so pungent and fruity. The taste would coat the entire insides of your mouth. The flowers were so sticky that popcorn buds would stick to my finger. Not to mention the effect. It was narcotic but very clean Indica, if that makes sense.

Oh how much I miss this plant:

2rm1hck.png

291yln4.jpg

21ad1mf.jpg

2vj288j.png

Anyway, I appreciate all the nice comments by everyone! I'll update in a couple of days!

Texan

Here's another quick update!

I fed her last night before going to bed and took some quick shots. Didn't get a chance to post till now.

The aromas I am getting are getting stronger by the day. The woody aroma is still predominate, with a strong creamy scent. There is citric overtones with a very heavy mustyness in the background.

The colas are getting so big and heavy that I need to stake up a few colas. Also, this plant is officially the stickiest plant I have ever grown! Just giving her feedings or clearing dead plant material leaves my hands, forearms, elbows covered on sticky, gooey resin.

Looks like the end product will be top shelf.

On a side note, I know that a lot of people say that Ceramic Metal Halide HIDs do not produce density compared to HPS. Also, that CMH buds are more "leafy" compared to HPS. I don't really agree with those statements and do not see a reason to use an HPS bulb. Any thoughts?

Anyway, I took these shots yesterday which was DAY 44 FLOWER:

vy6wp4.jpg

9qabmv.jpg

21jwqdc.jpg

vi1qah.jpg

2dhw46g.jpg

Peace/love and as always, thanks for looking!

Texan

Ok, here is another update on DAY 53 FLOWER.

What can I say, I am just astonished at the productivity of this plant. She just keeps getting chunkier by the day. All the large colas need staking due to size and weight.

Majority of the hairs have turned red already with about 20-30% white hairs left. I am starting to see some cloudy trichomes already but still mostly clear. Very resinous plant.

It's interesting how the aromas change so dramatically in a matter of days. I am getting a strong heavy must in the background with no skunk smell present at all. The flowers smell very hashy, creamy, and somewhat sweet. And as I mentioned already, there is a strong woody aroma that is just so fresh and tantalizing.

There is more to it but it too complex for me to pinpoint at this time. I know there is some sweet citrus in there somewhere along with a few other aromas I catch from time to time. Like it said, very complex.

I was wondering if anyone wants to estimate harvest window yet. I think another month will do me good but this plant really is a fast maturing. What do you guys think? Also, anyone want to take a guess at yield? I am really hoping I can pull a QP.

I took a couple of pictures. Enjoy and feel free to give me your input!

148lu9z.jpg

kd7slx.jpg

2h5qrlv.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Texan :tiphat:

I can clearly confirm is an Orient Express or a OE hybrid.
I would let her flower for 7-10 days more, please share with us a pic next week and we will see how she goes ....

Have a great weekend! dubi

SecondAttempt

I don't usually play the whole guess my yield game but I'm pretty sure you're gonna smash your goal of a qp out of the water. Thanks for sharing, making me itch to flower the mix plants I have vegging now.

Texan

Hi Texan :tiphat:

I can clearly confirm is an Orient Express or a OE hybrid.
I would let her flower for 7-10 days more, please share with us a pic next week and we will see how she goes ....

Have a great weekend! dubi
Really? Wow, I am glad to hear that! This whole time I was thinking it's a PCK hybrid. I was recently reading the OE thread and saw how much everyone liked that strain. I am happy I can sample some for myself.

What are the effects/potency like in your opinion, if you wouldn't mind sharing?
I don't usually play the whole guess my yield game but I'm pretty sure you're gonna smash your goal of a qp out of the water. Thanks for sharing, making me itch to flower the mix plants I have vegging now.
Really, you think so? I hope you're right bro. I have never grown a plant this productive, that is for damn sure. What more could a grower want? It's fast maturing, high yielding, has beautiful flowers with such a sophisticated aroma. Check, check, check in my book.

Pop those beans man, I know you won't be disappointed. I saw your old journal that just concluded. Your a skilled grower dude. You mentioned that your pack contains mostly Sativas. I think you could do it justice indoors with your setup.

I have a pack of Bangi Haze from Dubi, I just don't think I can tame it indoors with my 2x2x2 cube. Maintaining the plant I have now has been enduring enough, can't imagine a pure Sativa.

I would love to though.

Texan

I feed with teas since I am totally root bound but it is still not enough for this plant. I think I need to make a new batch or something. I have noticed I am getting a build up of something in the soil. The burned leaf tips seem like a salt build up but I don't know where the salt is coming from. Maybe my tap water is funky, I do let the water sit for 2 days before using. Maybe the tea I am feeding is too strong. I don't know. But hell, the buds look nice and are progressing nicely. I'm just going to lighten the tea and start to finish this plant out in the next few weeks.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Texan,

Orient Express has a clean, social and pleasant effect.
I think you won't have problems taming Bangi Haze indoors in the same setup ....

BH is sativa dominant but structure is quite manageable. It's an inbred line so despite being sativa is not so vigorous like the OE hybrid you are finishing right now.

Texan

Hi Texan,

Orient Express has a clean, social and pleasant effect.
I think you won't have problems taming Bangi Haze indoors in the same setup ....

BH is sativa dominant but structure is quite manageable. It's an inbred line so despite being sativa is not so vigorous like the OE hybrid you are finishing right now.

Thank you for the info Dubi. I will try 2 BH and 2 more mixed fem'd. Hopefully I can get a male BH and try pollinating a nice female from your fem'd mix pack.

Texan

Almost ready at day 61 flower:

A lot of leaves have been maturing and falling off. She looks ready for harvest soon. Maybe another week or so. I am excited! The aromas are really spewing out and she has a very Chinese hash plant look. Very exotic with no skunk smell at all.

234cnt.jpg

205u7t.jpg

14j9b42.jpg

Texan

I harvested on Christmas Eve which was flower day 65!!

I have been trimming all early Christmas morning and today I finally shut down the grow room to let my harvest dry, then into the jars they go!

I can't tell you guys how much my fingers and my back hurt from trimming so long....14 hours worth. The buds are so damn sticky and gooey and smell so strong with trimming. The end product will be very nice, I am sure! So much work but well worth it, you will see...Here are a few pics I took!

17qr78.jpg

105rzfb.jpg

20kafyu.jpg

I will post dry weight in a few day along with a few nug shots/budporn!!! I hope I can reach my quarter pound goal!

Thanks for all the support everyone, It kept me going all the way to the end!

Latest posts

Latest posts