What's new

Ace seeds dilemma...

Keif Cake

Veteran
Sooo.... This is my first post here, found out about the forum here from RIU where I am a member at as well. I was researching some strains I ordered when I came across a thread that led me to check out the awesome strains offered by Ace and Cannabiogen.

The dilemma comes in with narrowing down to a list I want...

I am having a hard time picking between Malawi and Golden Tiger.

I want the one that is the most potent on average with the most devastating effects.. I am ordering other strains for clear and daytimes, so I am looking for the one of the two that will the most damage to you so to speak.

Thanks, can;t wait to get my order placed and have it narrowed down to 4.

idiit

Veteran
i've run both malawi (ace) and gt id and od. go golden tiger is my advice. most gt phenos are malawi dominant but the mt component is great for taste, vigor, high effects, yield.

Tiami

welcome.

as idiit said you'll find Malawi phenos in GT. especially if you plan to pop a hole pack.

Zamaldelica standard (Zamal x GT) or GT feminised should give you even more phenos. GT fem is Malawi X Double Thai, GT standard is Malawi x Meao Thai. all should be really potent.

I would choose Zamaldelica feminised in your place. Zamal x Malawi.

hope it helps :biggrin:

idiit

Veteran
hey cc!
GT fem is Malawi X Double Thai

08-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi LowFalutin,

This is the first and only Golden Tiger feminized release by now, all the stock is exactly the same: Double Thai female (Koh Chang thai pheno) x killer malawi (reversed)
dubi :

^^ https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=152725&page=22
__________________________________________________________________________________
current ace seeds gt fem description from ace site:
Golden Tiger is one of the most powerful and interesting sativa hybrids we have developed lately.

It's a straight hybrid derived from the 'killer' Malawi mother and a selected Meo Thai male.

^^ http://www.aceseeds.org/goldentigerfemeng.php

stimp

Hi KC,

I haven't grown out my GT's yet, but been with fem Malawi. As per Dubi's recommendation for finding the best potency, I pm'd him and he said the fems contain a mix of Malawi offspring bx'd to the killer mother, and s1's of the mother. He told me told me that is the best line to look through for potency. I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong about that and give his input within a few days.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we started '3' seeds of GT, 2 were males n culled, grew the one lady.. vegg;d her for 45days, ran her under 3k of lites, sharing with other ladies. we picked her in stages of 113/130/147 days... the 113 day picking was dried , n more or less smoked without much of a cure... the smoke was good... not devastating which is what we too are looking for... the other 2 picking's are in jars curing..

it did yield more then other plants we have growing... hoping that the longer grow/better cure will equal better weed.. we'll see... on the zach-rock scale of potency, so far it is rated a 6.5...

Keif Cake

Veteran
Aaarrrghh... As I read the first 2 or 3 replies, I was getting the feeling of a consensus, but as I got to the end... lol... It does seem mostly everyone leans to the GT though, and I have changed my cart between GT and Malawi a dozen times over the last week.

I actually looked at the Zamaldelica, and had it in my cart, but I had to cull a few strains out of the cart, because I don't want to order singles. I looked on Ace seeds site and thought about ordering direct, but it appears they don't ship to the US.

The reason I decided against the Zamal, was that in reading through a thread here at ICMag, I saw where the Zamal had the most "up" high out of the three, so I decided I needed something a bit more devastating, as I am ordering some Mextiza and Destroyer for the "up" effects.

so, for what I am looking for, the Golden Tiger Fem is what I need? If it is backcrossed to the Killer Malawi, then I shouldn't have to run many to find that killer one.. I could order twice as many in reg form though, but if that is what is recommended by Dubi to find the highest malawi potency, guess I'll just get a fem of the GT.

Running fems doesn't bother me, I'd love to have a male though, but if I get a Mextiza or Destroyer male, it will be run across the GT or Malawi. Even if I don't get a male, I'll make some few crossses as well. Only reason I was looking at getting regs, is double my chance's at sumin special.

I have till tomorrow, which is when I'll be going to the post office to send my money in.

From what I have read regarding these strains, and other equitorials, is that they require a few month cure to be really good, so hopefully the cure will bring you closer to where you want to be. I know I've had some strains I've smoked without a cure had nothing to them at all, but a month or two and it was greatly improved.

Siever

Veteran
I've grown Malawi & Zamaldelica.
To me both are very good, but to me they are not devastating, but to me no weed is devastating. I have a very high tolerance, so this most certainly plays an important role and of course I'm not the very best grower. I quite good, but I'm just not the best.
What I want to say with this is that in time when more experience has come I'll have more potent flowers, but then again: it's already REAL GOOD right now.
Don't forget to use a CAL/MAG supply if you use rainwater. This is for all plants, not just for ACE seeds.
B.T.W. my opinion on ACE seeds is: ace quality seeds and ace quality customer support.

Siever

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I doubt you'll be un happy with GT its a pretty tough plant as far as drought conditions and pm resistance I've found and its rather easy to grow vegs pretty fast clones pretty quickly too.

idiit

Veteran
i posted several times on what a lengthy cure can do for gt. od grown fully mature gt is very potent w/o a lengthy(several month) cure imo. a couple, few weeks cure and i like gt fine. the extensive cure was for the frosty mum/mt dom pheno from 2011. after 6 months that was and is still the personal best smoke i've encountered since middle '70's. after 6 mths. it went to another level smoke wise. the 2012 gt was malawi dom and did not smoke the same as the 2011. i find the well cured 2012 gt devastating and very enjoyable.some ppl don't like the narcotic type highs. i do. i'm smoking the 2012 gt every night now, sometimes in cocktails (mixed with an up, energetic strain), sometimes straight. the 2012 gt makes me smarter when i'm high on it. i have great thoughts running thru my head. the 2011 mt gt was "wow weed". :)

Keif Cake

Veteran
Hell yea, that reassures me to get the GT. Thanks for all the quick responses, looks like I will be getting the fem's too since it crossed back with the Killer Malawi. Hope I get some "wow weed"

idiit

Veteran
i think the fems are not mt. the reg seeds are. if i and tiami are correct the ace seeds site needs to be updated. dubi will probably come in and set it straight soon.

Quote:
GT fem is Malawi X Double Thai
Quote:
08-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Hi LowFalutin,

This is the first and only Golden Tiger feminized release by now, all the stock is exactly the same: Double Thai female (Koh Chang thai pheno) x killer malawi (reversed)
dubi :

^^ https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....152725&page=22

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Golder Tiger will be more up than Malawi thanks to the Thai influence. If you're asking me, get the Golden Tiger - its some damn strong stuff.

Malawi on its own is a penetrating, potent, somewhat soaring, semi-narcotic stone. Malawi is great for chatting while making fun of movies, but don't expect to be really active on the stuff, especially on the comedown, might even put you to sleep.

Zamaldelica (standard) is more.. shroomy than sativa depending on which phenos you're dealing with. Everything will be a lot to take in. Your vision drops into 2-5 frames per second. There is a continual surging energy that your rookie friends will probably be afraid of :biggrin:. If you're looking to find your personal ceiling of "I don't know if I like being this high" you want Zamaldelica regulars (the fems are probably the same but I haven't run them).

Destroyer is the easiest to grow plant I think I've ever run. Just an impossible plant to kill, no matter how much you abuse them. Its clear, energetic and a VERY A.D.D. "hey let me tell you about my..OMG lets go ride bikes!" type of high. If you're planning daytime activities, it doesn't get much better suited than Destroyer.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Welll.... Dam....

Should I go with the Zamaldelica then? Rather than the GT?

The effects from the Destroyer is what I'm after with that one for sure.

Tiami

since you've already decided for Destroyer which is MT influenced I'd defenetly go for Zamaldelica. feminised version without MT, more Malawi.

this way you will add more african genetics to your nice sativa collection.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Thanks, I am definitely leaning towards the Zamal. I have a few hours left to finalize that before I have to get it in the mail to go out today. I think I am getting the regs though, I can get twice as many, so. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a killer male anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts