What's new

Ace R+D strains

Dentex

Thanks a lot for the weekend update @Dentex :giggle: The Angola cross is looking stellar for a sativa hybrid of this kind after 9 weeks of flowering. How are the scents of the 2 new hybrids now they are more advanced into flowering ?
Hey Dubi!Indeed Angola cross will be ready in a couple of weeks as it seems,around 12 weeks totally,while the GT cross will go one or two weeks more.Keep in mind they started at 11 lights on and are now at 10,45.
The GT cross smells quite complex,spicy and creamy while the Angola one is more strong but not pungent,herbal/light perfume.

Cheers :)

Nannymouse

Where can a person find more info on the Angola? A couple of gifted crosses have Angola in it, but i know notta darn thing about it.

Fitzera

Excited to know you are growing a couple of Golden Tiger x A5 Haze plants @Fitzera ;)

Thanks a lot for the weekend update @Dentex :giggle: The Angola cross is looking stellar for a sativa hybrid of this kind after 9 weeks of flowering. How are the scents of the 2 new hybrids now they are more advanced into flowering ?
Yes sir Dubi!

The first picture, I picked 3 balls off of her. They were found where the main stalk intersects to a couple main branches. Just an FYI. I see no others and I'm not concerned. She is also forming flowers quicker than her sister who happens to be taller (GT leaner?)

20221129_194120.jpg

20221129_194139.jpg

These plants really want to spread out, I can see them being massive bushes if given the opportunity! The 2nd one I've got pulled together somewhat with stakes and plant ties to keep her in her own personal bubble lol

Fitzera

The girls are in control now. Threw my back out ta couple weeks ago, was bed ridden..couldn't tend the tent. I've lost control lol

Here are the two, clearly an A5 le
20221226_114809.jpg
20221217_135958.jpg
20221226_114932.jpg
20221226_115203.jpg
aner and a GT leaner. 

Attachments

• 20221226_114800.jpg
    20221226_114800.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 20221217_140006.jpg
    20221217_140006.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 41

Fitzera

Sorry...I dont know what's wrong with ICmag programming but I can't seem to post anything with pictures anymore without it getting all wonkey and screwy.

All my dates will be on OG from now on until this is fixed

goingrey

Sorry...I dont know what's wrong with ICmag programming but I can't seem to post anything with pictures anymore without it getting all wonkey and screwy.

All my dates will be on OG from now on until this is fixed
Look fine to me.. Except for a bunch of empty lines between what you write. Keyboard needs cleaning around the enter key maybe? :D

Fitzera

Thats the problem. Its doing that on its own. It jumps around as im writing, adds huge spaces, moves my cursor to other lines mid stroke....so frustrating. And all those pics should have been up, no thumbnails. I can't work like this
Cell phone. Every other site works properly. IC got a hiccup for the past 2 weeks at least. For me anyway unfortunately

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow @Fitzera what a jungle! :) Nice to have the chance to see different phenos. The compact, more advanced one looks like a balanced and tamed NL/Haze expression. The wilder, taller and long flowering are heavy on the Thai and Haze side it seems. Make sure all the branches receive enough light without high temp peaks, and tie the branches and the plant down if necessary for a more optimal light distribution through the rest of the plants in the garden.

What a show @Dentex :tiphat: Thanks a lot for the frequent updates. Your sativa flowers from this autumn sativa run look really potent and agressive, well done! You really brought the Angola x A5 Haze to her ripeness limit .... she looked perfect at 11 weeks for my taste. How are at this last stage the scents coming from Angola x A5 Haze and Golden Tiger x A5 Haze ?

Much love, good health and properity for 2023 ! :huggy:

Fitzera

Thanks @dubi
Haha that heavy Thai leaner, I'm trying to control her and keep her full of light but it's a real struggle haha. I'll be harvesting a couple smaller plants in about a week that should give me more room to move her and give her more direct light. She has a menthol pine type aroma currently.

The NL/A5 leaner is leathery almost incency and full on Hazey smells. Her tops just keep building and are going to be massive once the swell begins.

Dentex

show @Dentex :tiphat: Thanks a lot for the frequent updates. Your sativa flowers from this autumn sativa run look really potent and agressive, well done! You really brought the Angola x A5 Haze to her ripeness limit .... she looked perfect at 11 weeks for my taste. How are at this last stage the scents coming from Angola x A5 Haze and Golden Tiger x A5 Haze ?

Much love, good health and properity for 2023 ! :huggy:
Hola hermano,I wish you a healthy and fruitful 2023 for you and your beloved ones as well! :)

I can see your point my friend,she did seem pretty ready by week 11.Thing is I had fed her more than optimal so I wanted her to fade a bit more.Another thing that led me to that is that at 11 weeks mark the trichs were clear in the majority,when harvested she had almost full milky.

Well well first samples are really interesting man...She is quite strong but not in a sedative or a nervous way either.Really quality effect,I am pretty impressed at the moment I can tell you.Focused but psychedelic at the same time.Drops kief like malawi crosses.Regarding smells she is not that loud,mild smell ,you have to give me some more time when she s in the jar to tell you :)

Regarding the GT x A5 ,I did mess up a bit with feeding her,but she finished all right.I had a little accident with tent collapsing though(true story lol) so she isn't really photogenic ..Just for the idea,sorry for lack of better ones.Will get some bud pics when jarring.

Smells like a haze hybrid with some more sour from the gt thai side.
P1130001.JPG
P1130005.JPG

P1130002.JPG

goingrey

Hola hermano,I wish you a healthy and fruitful 2023 for you and your beloved ones as well! :)

I can see your point my friend,she did seem pretty ready by week 11.Thing is I had fed her more than optimal so I wanted her to fade a bit more.Another thing that led me to that is that at 11 weeks mark the trichs were clear in the majority,when harvested she had almost full milky.

Well well first samples are really interesting man...She is quite strong but not in a sedative or a nervous way either.Really quality effect,I am pretty impressed at the moment I can tell you.Focused but psychedelic at the same time.Drops kief like malawi crosses.Regarding smells she is not that loud,mild smell ,you have to give me some more time when she s in the jar to tell you :)

Regarding the GT x A5 ,I did mess up a bit with feeding her,but she finished all right.I had a little accident with tent collapsing though(true story lol) so she isn't really photogenic ..Just for the idea,sorry for lack of better ones.Will get some bud pics when jarring.

Smells like a haze hybrid with some more sour from the gt thai side.
View attachment 18798024 View attachment 18798023
View attachment 18798025
LOL how on earth does one collapse a tent? With like the gear and plants still in it... bent a pole?

Fitzera

A5 leaning Golden tiger x A5 Haze @ just shy of 13 weeks flower including quite a few weeks at 10/14.
She’s come down today. Herbal lemony woody hazish incense like. Really hard to describe to different nuances found right now. It’s a different haziness compared to the NHxC5 Mango, both very nice.
The tops, while very large, they’re not overly dense and i suspect bud rot should not be an issue with this pheno. Very easy to grow.
Sampled a few weeks ago, it had a very noticeable euphoria and effect when my tolerance was through the roof…so there is potency in them trichs! Very excited to try it again, now mature. She’s around 15-20% amber now.
20230131_123656
20230131_123635
20230131_130331
20230131_124819
20230131_131032
20230131_131039

Fitzera

I took an early sample and quick dried it yesterday....here's the review

I should have taken a picture last night before I chopped up the Thai leaner. WOW! It dried quick because it’s not very dense but aside from the fan leaves you pretty much couldn’t see any green through the blanket of resin. Amazing!
Chopping it up smelled very strongly of pine and menthol. Wonderful. I shoved it under my woman’s nose while she was working away on her laptop…kind of took a sniff to appease me but then pulled the plate back for a better smell…“that’s really nice”.
Dry tokes taste of strong citrus and pine, almost has a mandarin touch to it. Orange…reset my pallet…nope, lemony lime pine goodness!
Burning clean and smooth. I sucked back only a 3rd of the joint to start. While reading I found myself wide eyed, like I was on a stimulant. Very strong effect at first and eased off some. I had to go back for another 3rd. Higher yet. My mind is bouncing between different things I want to do lol. Once again it eased itself into a very pleasant relaxation with no rough edges.

I dont know if this plant is typical for the Golden Tiger line but I sure hope I find a pheno like this again!! Wow
20230202_122850.jpg

Fitzera

Ok folks here's an overdue update with some corrections to be made.

I've never grown a Thai before, nor any of these strains here...so i had made some poor assumptions and judgements.

This plant that I was labeling as a Thai leaner was incorrect. A couple things tipped me off but ultimately it was the terpene analysis I looked at for the Killer A5 Haze (on Aces website) and pictures in the Killer A5 Haze thread, including those specifically by @MrFancyPlants

It turns out that this plant is very much a Malawi x A5 leaner, and @dubi has pointed out that the flowers themselves have some Koh Chang Thai in them.

The smells at first were very fresh pine and menthol with a few subtle things in the background. As it's been dried and now while I sit here trimming these flowers, the pine menthol is still very much still there but I started to pick up on hints of incense which became more pronounced over hours. Before I took a break for sleep last night, the musty basement was beginning to come out as well.

I've only had an early sample from a couple weeks before she got chopped, and that sample was incredible. 1 joint. Smoked 1/3 and was very much high and in a very good place. Shortly thereafter I puffed back another 3rd and got higher yet! This was when my tolerance was pretty high and other flower wasn't getting the job done. The following morning I finished the last 3rd and was again as high as I was the night before. And the flavour held to the very last sip off that joint.

I'm currently cleaning out and preparing for my first drug test of my upcoming work season so any further smoke tests and reports will have to wait a little longer but that will allow a bit of curing time. I did have to chop her down before she was 100% mature due to time constraints so I can only imagine how much more beautiful and full of aromas and larger flower she would be with a full proper run. And I look forward to doing it again. For all intents and purposes, this may be my grail. My winner of all winners.

The other plant that I was labeling as an A5 leaner, as Dubi had pointed out, has much more NL5 influence in its shorter stature, larger flowers but more musty incense aroma with a colder(?) darker high...less cerebral and more body to it. Still a very nice plant that!

I'm going to spend some time in the near future to get a proper handle on this mobile camera to get the most out of it and provide better pictures, but for now here you go!

Enjoy! And look out for these seeds when (I sure hope they are) they are released as a staple line.
20230208_125126.jpg
20230208_123317.jpg
20230208_125117.jpg
20230215_121552.jpg
20230215_194728.jpg
20230215_194741.jpg
20230215_194750.jpg
20230215_194800.jpg
20230215_195958.jpg
20230215_122619.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts