What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE R&D: Purple Haze #23 x Zamaldelica F2

OntologicalTurn

First Mont in veg ready to the second transplant
IMG_20230421_104331_596.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230421_104340_192.jpg
    IMG_20230421_104340_192.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 54

OntologicalTurn

Its a mix
Hey, that looks like garden soil your plants are growing in and not potting mix. I love Ace's stuff and so I"m going to ride with you for a while. Thanks for posting.
it's a mix of peat moss, worm castings, and yes, my local soil. I work with living soil, and I prefer my plants to adapt to the local microbiome before transplanting to the raised beds or big pots.

You can see the benefits of using native microorganisms in korean natural farming

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Your plants look happy in the ground and I bet they will kick ass. When it gets hot I put hay mulch around my plants to keep the heat from cooking the soil and roots. It does 3 things, keep the roots cool, hold's water longer, and feed and houses the microbes. I never let the Sun hit the soil close to my plants. Thanks for posting friend and good luck.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
so glad both are females! @OntologicalTurn :D They have grown a lot in just 3 weeks since the transplant to soil, leaves are bigger, and both plants have a healthy, uniform green color, meaning their root system is already well established to the soil and plants are enjoying it a lot!

OntologicalTurn

so glad both are females! @OntologicalTurn :D They have grown a lot in just 3 weeks since the transplant to soil, leaves are bigger, and both plants have a healthy, uniform green color, meaning their root system is already well established to the soil and plants are enjoying it a lot!
si Dubi gracias, me preocupa un poco que tan resistentes son a la humedad constante, pues las lluvias han estado atrasadas en estas latitudes, y siendo este un año con fenómeno del Niño, es de esperar que cuando lleguen lo harán con mucha fuerza y se prolongaran mas de los normal

Yes Dubi thanks, I'm a little concerned about how resistant they are to constant humidity, since the rains have been late in these latitudes, and since this is a year with the El Niño phenomenon, it is to be expected that when they arrive they will do so very strongly and will last longer than normal

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola @OntologicalTurn Oldtimer's Haze and hybrids are very resistant to moisture, rains, winds, fungus, especially OTH x sativa hybrids like this one, so if the greenhouse is clean, well ventilated and with proper air renovation then you shouldn't have any problem during flowering. Zamaldelica x Kali China you are also growing could be more sensitive in this regard since contains more indica genetics.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update @OntologicalTurn :) Glad to see both already into flowering. #1 looks very much like Zamaldelica regular: Malawi's strong structure, with more Zamal/Thai influence in the finished product. How would you describe her scents now they are becoming more evident ? Terpenes can get really weird in this cross hehehheh

# 1 looks like she is going to be a high yielder. Increase the feeding for macronutrients (also nitrogen) since she is already yellowing in early flowering. I think i saw some spider mites, right ? If so, apply pressure water (especially) on the under part of the leaves, and once the plant is dry, spray with neem or other organic pesticide now you are still on time. I would not recommend to spray with anything after passing mid flowering unless the situation gets dramatic.

Plant #2 shows more Oldtimer's Haze influence, hence the delayed flowering compared with the first one.

Latest posts

Latest posts