What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE (and other sats) Indoor Tricks

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
A friend gave me several Pineapple x Sour Sunset x Fruity Pebbles OG seeds, so here it is at chop after spending 11 weeks under 25w per sqft of LEDs

Pineappleish super fruity pheno
picture.php

picture.php

Chunky mildy fruity pheno
picture.php

picture.php

CowboyTed

A friend gave me several Pineapple x Sour Sunset x Fruity Pebbles OG seeds, so here it is at chop after spending 11 weeks under 25w per sqft of LEDs

Terpene, I want to express how grateful I am for the inspiration I've found in this thread.

My goals for growing are similar to yours: cheap and abundant bud/concentrates with plenty of variety to fit my medical needs and some simple enjoyment too.

I've been so impressed with your LED experiments that I've built a similar grow cabinet in an old armoire, with similar lights, and I can't wait until I've fine-tuned the grow to produce buds like yours. I'm even growing some of the same ACE strains you grow.

I'm also following your lead with SIPs now. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

Thanks for motivating us n00bs!

Last edited:

Terpene

Veteran
Glad my tiny grow can inspire others to run Ace lines in limited spaces. Pineapple x Sour Sunset x Fruity Pebbles OG (OG pheno) at chop under 25w per sqft of LED:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Its been a while since I was excited about a breeding project :biggrin: I'll be posting regular updates on the progression of this one..

Here's a bunch of Boats N Hoes females just starting out in flower (Ace Panama x Zamaldelica x Med Tree Seeds Catalina Wine Mixer).

picture.php

All of them smell remarkably like both parents - fruity. Some mango (zamal), some berry (catalina wine mixer), some lemon (panama), etc. They're a bit stretchier than I was expecting them to be which means the Zamaldelica x Panama influence is strong in the F1s.

Here's the trifoliate male which popped. I'll be using him for the F2 generation. I love the structure and leaf shape - not to mention he never broke from trifoliate development till he went fully asymmetrical. We're starting to see some purple tips from sitting outside in the rain with lows of 8-10C.

picture.php

picture.php

Big thanks to Ace / Med Tree for the genetics - its easy to create amazing hybrids when all the hard work is done for you. :laughing:

YukonKronic

Haven't grown Panama yet but I sure see lots of Zam in that male. Leaf shape colour and the lime green in new growth all look like Zam/Thai phenotypes I've seen. Actually they're identifying traits in my favourite phenotypes of ZamxGuatemala too:dance013:

Edit: on second look he does have bigger wider leaves... Panama influence? Some of those have huge leaves iirc. Educate me boss! I'm curious.

Terpene

Veteran
Haven't grown Panama yet but I sure see lots of Zam in that male. Leaf shape colour and the lime green in new growth all look like Zam/Thai phenotypes I've seen. Actually they're identifying traits in my favourite phenotypes of ZamxGuatemala too:dance013:

Edit: on second look he does have bigger wider leaves... Panama influence? Some of those have huge leaves iirc. Educate me boss! I'm curious.

The Panama x Zamaldelica line has some very interesting variation within it. Panama leaning phenos with the signature lemon/lemon grass smell and Zamal/Thai mango/carrot phenos are common. I feel like the Panama addition better rounds out the Zamaldelica and makes it brighter as well as increasing the output.

The Panama x Zamaldelica(s) I selected for the F1 generation of Boats N Hoes (one male PanxZam to CWM female and one female PanxZam to CWM male) both show strong Panama and Zamaldelica traits. In the PanxZam male I was primarily looking for structure, leaf shape and most importantly, stem smells (lemon / mango / carrot).

The female PanxZam selection was based on the bud size and nearly pineapple?, lemon and mango smell:
picture.php

The downside to the Panama x Zamaldelica (at least in my setup) is that they stretch a bit and thus require either a scrog or substantial LST to keep things contained in a short vertical space. The addition of MedTree's Catalina Wine Mixer (Grape Romulan x Cindy 99 x Green Crack x WMD x Afgoo x Chem D IBL) is to add frost, bring the height / flowering time down, and add more color in final flower.

Terpene

Veteran
My Ace Purple Zamal x Nepalese Jamaican was pollinated by the rogue herm pollen from the stretchy Ace Lebanese landrace and this is the resulting S1:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
We're a couple weeks into flower for all the phenos of Boats N Hoes (Ace Seeds Zamaldelica x Panama x MedTree Seeds Catalina Wine Mixer) and while remarkably uniform in development for F1 seeds, I am starting to see some variance in the flowers.

The first pheno is by far the prettiest of the group, showing color early and putting the most flower density. It has a mango-citric-fruity, tropical berry smell. Plants 1, 2 and 3 are basically the same plant with very minor differences.
picture.php

Plants 2 & 3 stretched into the LEDs and toasted the tips, so I had to chop a little off the terminal colas in early flower. The second shows less color in the leaves and more color in the flowers and a thick budset:
picture.php

Three is nuggy and colorful but slightly smaller flower sets:
picture.php

Plant four is very Zamaldelica x Panama looking and a bit more mango-citric smelling:
picture.php

The fifth plant is about a week behind the other plants (maybe 2.5 weeks in):
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Jacket (P'91 x Bros Grimm Princess Diesel x CBG Destroyer) roughly 6-7 weeks in:

picture.php

Lowers:
picture.php

Hey Terpene,
Are you still using the self-watering wick system?

If so,
Do you find the soil cup that sits in the reservoir goes putrid over time?

Terpene

Veteran
Hey Terpene,
Are you still using the self-watering wick system?

If so,
Do you find the soil cup that sits in the reservoir goes putrid over time?

I still use the buckets outside, though inside I’ve downsized to small 5” pots in a thin layer of standing water.

I only saw things getting putrid when the plants hadn’t seen a fresh water change after a month or they weren’t vegged enough. The larger plants tended to suck the resorvoirs dry in about 2-3 days, which was hardly enough time to rot.

The SIP soil containers generally support plants equal to what you’d expect from top watered containers 2-3x the size. My 10 gallon top watered containers are on par with my 3.5 gallon SIPs - but the SIPs require less attention (water, walk away, fill when dry)

Terpene

Veteran
Boats N Hoes (Ace Zamaldelica x Panama) x (MedTree Seeds Catalina Wine Mixer) update

Pheno 1 is the hairiest of the bunch with lots of color in the leaves and seems to be the least interested in creating larger nugs. It has a strong purple flintstones vitamins smell (grape / berryish).
picture.php

Pheno 2 is colorful, nuggy and the most Catalina Wine Mixer like of the group. Not too much odor on this plant when rubbed, a mixture of lemon / berries.
picture.php

Pheno 3 is colorful, nuggy, frosty and looks remarkably similar to pheno 2. Similar smells to pheno 2.
picture.php

Pheno 4 is the Zamaldelica x Panama (and more specifically Zamaldelica) leaning pheno. It has the "pineapple-ish" smell and large bud structure you'd expect from the Ace side. It’s quickly becoming my favorite despite refusing to color up.
picture.php

Pheno 5 started a week after the others and leans Zamaldelica x Panama like pheno 4 but with more frost. Smells are similar to 4 but much more subdued.
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Jacket (CBG Destroyer x Bros Grimm Princess Diesel x P'91) at chop under 25w per sqft of LED.

picture.php

picture.php

Napalm (fire og x CBG destroyer) x Ace Violeta (PCK x Malawi) just starting out:
picture.php

grayeyes

The watering system described in the first post made me smile. In an article written by former contributor, Mr. Greengenes, an even simpler system was described. MG stated that he had very good success in using drip pans mostly filled with water under his 3 gallon pots. He surmised that one could almost as good a result as hydro growers because of the fact that the plant itself would suck up water as needed.

This looks like a techno version of his idea. That guy just knew things.

CowboyTed

The watering system described in the first post made me smile. In an article written by former contributor, Mr. Greengenes, an even simpler system was described. MG stated that he had very good success in using drip pans mostly filled with water under his 3 gallon pots. He surmised that one could almost as good a result as hydro growers because of the fact that the plant itself would suck up water as needed.

This looks like a techno version of his idea. That guy just knew things.

Hmmm . . . I wonder if he's the same guy who calls himself "Greengene's Garden on Youtube? Does he seem familiar? He's big into building COB LED lights lately, but it sounds like he's tried most methods of growing in the past.

His growroom sure looks to be dialed in.

I

izzypog

First this thread is awesome, second, I need a more detailed explanation on how to build one of these, third, can you use a regular five gallon pot?

Rodehazrd

Hey there Terpene,
very nice buds there and I like the first post too. I used a similar setup outdoors this past year difference being I used 30 gallon totes nesting in one another with the netpot filled with rockwool. I threw a airstone in the bottom tub with a solar powered pump. I kept 6"of water in there to the level of the top of the net pot and got 12oz from one Bangi Haze. I'm putting some indoors too with the same Bangi cut. I'd like to keep reusing the same soil but the rez fills up with roots. Its a lot of work to dump out and clean. Any idea on keeping them out.:tiphat: