What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

acclimating indoor plants for outdoors

N

NewAgeGenetics

from 18/6 indoors you can take them out from mid may
from 24/0 indoors better to wait till june 1.

I have no experience with 16/8 but maybe you can take them out early may... who knows.

when I gave 15/9 light indoor to my plants than some plants started to flower!

anyone has experience that when can I take them outdoors if I pre-grow them indoors with 16/8?

gorilla ganja

First of all, this has nothing to do with 12/12 so I am not sure what you're even referring to.

Second of all it's patently false that any plant will immediately flower if taken from 24/0 to any of the light schedules you list. One exception would be 14/10 but even then there are many strains that would keep chugging along in veg because, being more equatorial, they actually do need something more like 12/12. Most strains will not in the case of 15/9 and 16/8. This is from decades o experience as an outdoor grower. Every strain (every plant, really) has an individual threshold that is primarily congenital. The more photoperiod sensitive cultivars will certainly have this tendency, but I don't grow those and neither is the OP.

At 31 degrees north there is a clear benefit to decreasing the light hours incrementally, because there is a sharper drop-off in light hours and because it brings you that much closer to the threshold. That's why I, like you, recommended that OP go to 16/8 prior to planting out.

At 44 degrees north the days during plant-out time are sufficiently long to keep my plants from flowering because I am still at fifteen hours of daylight, and even straight from 24/0 I have never had a plant try to flower early on me or sit there confused. With the days lengthening before the solstice, anything worth growing at my latitude wants to veg nonstop after Mother's Day.

Their is wisdom in these words...:laughing:

Great job explaining green-genes77.

Cheers GG

N

NewAgeGenetics

Critical+ started to flower indoors 15/9

16/8 is a very good energy saving technic, maybe worth a try tho.

Latest posts

Latest posts