What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acapulco Gold

M

Mr D

Acapulco Gold 4 leaf "clover" seedling.

picture.php

harvestreaper

Veteran
weird, just the other day i had a similar line of thought...

'acapulco gold' from the dispensary has this flowery smell to me, reminiscent of another strain 'sunflower green' which is said to have high ocimene (can't remember which isomer).

then i recently located what's labelled as 'skunk #1' and it has that same smell on top of a different background. not sure if it's the ocimene, but interesting nonetheless.

very trance-like and dreamy, and a lot like the a.g. only it had a stonier development. good mind relaxer but still thinky.

i remember a.g. (been a few months) to have a more motivational and up high, but the similar hypnotic mindset made coordinating my efforts sometimes moot...
yes floral and sweet if im not mistaken sam says the original sk1 contained acapulco gold so it fits :tiphat:

pinkus

Veteran
The journey has come to an end (for this plant)

The journey has come to an end (for this plant)

I finally stopped the madness and harvested Acapulco Gold #1, by far the longest flowering plant I've run. I cut her at 31 weeks of 10/14. She was still throwing pistils as you can see.

Sorry about the hot pink aspect. I didn't plan ahead but wanted to get some shots on the day of the cut.

I did cross her to two of Chimera's Highland Mexican x blueberry Sativa (DJ shorts) F1 males. I haven't seen any of the offspring yet but I am really excited to grow them out.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nexus7

Nice grow @ pinkus :)

Do you think there's anything you could have done to get her to finish? Like different lighting/spectrum, smaller pot, grow from clone, different nutes?

Seems like extra time didn't help much.

Looks super tasty and interesting. Enjoy the smoke :)

N7

pinkus

Veteran
Thanks Nexus 7. The other individual DID finish under the hot pink spectrum you see fouling the color of this plant. This one was under a "white" spectrum LED. (I am using a lighting scheme in which only 2 of 3 lights are on at any given time) .

However, my goal wasn't to "get them to finish", but to see how long the plant/strain wants to go. Which is apparently forever under a "summer" type spectrum. IIUC, some of the plants in the Reunion Islands are like this too.

I have said it in this thread before; I wouldn't be doing this if it was taking much room from production. It was at the back of the tent, slotted between two larger plants which were in a recirculating systems in a Hempy bucket.

Hempy McNoodle

I wonder if the plant should be viewed more as an -indeterminate' plant. Maybe it's better to grow it out and flower and simply harvest one bowl at a time for like a year:) ...and just let the plant continue producing more(?)

Hempy McNoodle

I wonder if the plant should be viewed more as an -indeterminate' plant. Maybe it's better to grow it out and flower and simply harvest one bowl at a time for like a year:) ...and just let the plant continue producing more(?)

Another benefit to looking at it as indeterminate, is that you could start smoking early material and as your tolorance grows the potency will also be increasing (theoretically).

Hempy McNoodle

Well folks, I planted 1 Snow High 'Double' Acapulco Gold today which germinated yesterday in paper towel. I look forward to sharing this plants progress with you all on this thread. I also planted 1 Colombian Gold 72 from Underground Seed Co, and 1 (Afropips) Malawi Gold from The Real Seed Co. I am waiting for one more seed to pop and that is 1 Congolese from The Real Seed Co. These will be grown indoors in my closet with two 100w Optic 1XL LED COB lights and a small dehumidifier. I try to avoid fans due to the noise.

The Acapulco Gold is said to be a cross between a red stemmed plant from 1968 and a purple stemmed plant from 1972.

I will be using a Phylos Labs gender testing kit to help me identify males early and easily as space is a factor. I hope the AG is a female!

ahortator

Veteran
Well folks, I planted 1 Snow High 'Double' Acapulco Gold today which germinated yesterday in paper towel. I look forward to sharing this plants progress with you all on this thread. I also planted 1 Colombian Gold 72 from Underground Seed Co, and 1 (Afropips) Malawi Gold from The Real Seed Co. I am waiting for one more seed to pop and that is 1 Congolese from The Real Seed Co. These will be grown indoors in my closet with two 100w Optic 1XL LED COB lights and a small dehumidifier. I try to avoid fans due to the noise.

The Acapulco Gold is said to be a cross between a red stemmed plant from 1968 and a purple stemmed plant from 1972.

I will be using a Phylos Labs gender testing kit to help me identify males early and easily as space is a factor. I hope the AG is a female!

Perhaps that Double Acapulco Gold is the same used for this Mexican cross:

SUROESTE MEXICANA: (Acapulco Gold x Michoacán GPB)

The Acapulco Gold in the suroeste Mexican is a preservation I created in 2012 using a Circa 68’ Acapulco Gold female with classic delicate floral clusters, smelling of honeysuckle, good to high resin production with long leaves which turn gold to white with maturity and red sap bleeding from stems and petioles. The male was from early 70’s stock, with green leaves which turned golden with maturity, the stems turn bright brick red and the male sepals turn golden upon maturity. This Acapulco gold preservation was saving the last of each of those lines to continue a pure Acapulco gold from that era. The progeny which was used in the Suroeste Mexican have traits of red and purple stems, some smaller plants most grow larger in size. 9 female Acapulco Golds females from my 2012 Preservation were used in the Suroeste Mexicana.

The male Michoacán line was selected from many individuals and bled purple sap as well as having purple petioles and stems. It produces a good amount of resin and good sized buds. Some have purple traits, black and red depending on the recessive traits that pop up. This is your chance to grow a pure blood Mexican from circa 1968 to early 70’s varietals which are semi commercial in quality. These are breeding lines and have a quality which has practically disappeared, since these lines are preservation works released in **Limited Quantity** Be aware that some intersex traits may pop up from the Acapulco Gold side as one test grow had shown slight intersex traits due to transplant stress and environment stress changing from a hotter dry climate to a cooler wetter climate. **This can happen from any type of plant stress but should be noted before deciding to purchase**

** LIMITED RELEASE**

Flower time range 12-14 weeks

Stretch 1 to 3x

Resin production: moderate to high

Odor: 7

Aroma: Honey Suckle, Mint, menthol, honey, spice, clove, slightly astringent

Potency: 8

Pure Mexican Heirloom hybrid

Hempy McNoodle

I have been having trouble uploading my pics. My seedling is doing well, although it is a very lime green. I hope it isn't some sort of nutrient uptake issue. Maybe just the genetics.. Any thoughts?

pinkus

Veteran
Light green tends to indicate Sativa in my experience, but I have seen light green broadleaf plants too.

ahortator

Veteran
Has someone noticed any fast building up tolerance or low ceiling problem?

Yesum told something about tolerance building up with his Bodhi AG line.