What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

About to Give up all together after years

packerfan79

Veteran
The difficulty of hydro is why everyone is saying coco. I think coco will give the same yield and quality as hydro, without the constant risk of crop failure.

O

OG Tree Grower

I've never lost a crop in hydro, not in 25 years. Everything about it is easier, faster, cleaner than dirt , problems are usually environmental or user error, and make no mistake coco doesn't obtain the growth rates you can get from areo /freedom buckets not even close.

EastCoast710

I've never lost a crop in hydro, not in 25 years. Everything about it is easier, faster, cleaner than dirt , problems are usually environmental or user error, and make no mistake coco doesn't obtain the growth rates you can get from areo /freedom buckets not even close.

the dudes having problems lol.. this isn't about YOU.. ..

OP.. Switch to "COCO" . feed 5.8-6.2

O

OG Tree Grower

East coast. I was telling him not to believe the widely spread newbie advise in this thread about hydro being hard. But no worries I'm pretty much done on this forum, you kids have fun

Verdure

guys, a huge improvement since switching to GH series 3-2-1

and RO water.

I cant belive that was it... vge seems to be solved. lets see how things pan out in flower.

I wonder what could be in my tap water than my hydro just useless

Verdure

Update:

they girls are drinking. I noticed the ppm dropeed fast so I upped to 240ppm@.7 and they are still drinking, so I have upped again to 320ppm @.7, I think this will be the sweet spot fro veg.

regarding PH.

I find with GHE nutes, there is no need to add PH down at all. at the way to 220 ppm its the Ph stay in the range of 5.6 to 5.8.

If I go over 220ppm, i have to increase the PH, so I add a few caps of silica protekt, and PH up.

the issue is with topping off. when the girls are drinking, i have to add nutes to the res and its already at 5.6, so adding the nutes will drop the PH to 4.5 or so, sometimes, 4.0. So I need to add PH up and silica at the point, the thing is I am trying to figure out a way to stabilize the PH a bit better, than adding PH up all the time.

I guess the PH dropping a bit here and there is a good thing, it mean they are eating, where as before with my tap water, it would just rise and rise to its original PH all the time.

my sativa strain however is not doing so good, its a bit sensitive. I am still trying to figure it out, i think its because the PH dropped below 5 and i left it liek that for 2 or 3 days.

Yeah... you need to make sure that pH stays above the 5.5 mark or you'll have some uptake issues.

Glad you're back on track, keep us posted.