What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ABC(Australian Bastard Cannabis),Dizzy,Bindi,Mongy Madness

olsmokey

Colchicine is a potent poison. I did wonder though its a bit mad I guess - whether those ionizing smoke detectors which are slightly radioactive would have any effect if put near seeds for a period.

Or else a mobile phone, they certainly affect me after 20- minutes use

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Why don't people interested in mutant freaky plants get some autumn crocus bulbs, make a mash and treat some seeds with it? The colchicine causes mutations and could produce some extreme freaks.

it's used to attempt polyploid induction, however it's very potent as it causes cells that it comes into contact with to be unable to split at the end of replication, so they double the chromosome number then can't split into 2 daughter cells. this is really hit and miss from what i've read about it being down to cannabis, and often doesn't produce decent plants even if they do become polyploid, and also they can't pass it onto their offspring so it's most likely a complete waste of time and energy unfortunately. though natural polyploids could theoretically arise and reproduce. wheat, bananas, corn etc are all polyploids, some up to like 4-8 x normal chromosome number i believe. hence the huge size of their seed/fruit compared to the diploid (ancestral) form.

Colchicine is a potent poison. I did wonder though its a bit mad I guess - whether those ionizing smoke detectors which are slightly radioactive would have any effect if put near seeds for a period.

lol i doubt the radioactivity of the smoke detectors is strong enough to do anything, if it were it'd just kill the seeds or plants. maybe take them to Chernobyl and plant some there haha

and the mobile phone idea, they use microwaves, it's not radiation that can cause mutation as such. again mobiles are no where near strong enough to do anything lol we hold them out are ears all day long, might as well microwave them if you want to see what'll happen, probably get pop weed lol there was a case however at a university in melbourne that had a big mobile phone tower at the top of one building and 9 people in a single office got cancer, a lot were brain tumours if i recall... but these are somatic cell mutations that lead to death.

trying to induce mutations in any organism this way that the organism doesn't die from, let alone benefits from would be less likely than you winning the lottery.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran

I think all you have to worry about is the weed, not the smoke detector or mobile phone. It's a plant, treat it as such and every thing should be fine. You are dealing with a living thing, not something run by batteries.

olsmokey

You're right, and when I think about it, it makes me mad that people, me included, even have to consider mutating the plants in order to hide them. This is a sorry state of affairs we live in.

I think all you have to worry about is the weed, not the smoke detector or mobile phone. It's a plant, treat it as such and every thing should be fine. You are dealing with a living thing, not something run by batteries.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
You're right, and when I think about it, it makes me mad that people, me included, even have to consider mutating the plants in order to hide them. This is a sorry state of affairs we live in.

you've more chance finding mutants if you just grow out a heap of plants and examine them all. i'm sure thats how these ones here were found by chance among seedlings, no one would've used active radiation or chemicals etc to induce them, that'd be 100s of times harder to do than it occurs naturally.

olsmokey

Hi Donald, I have fixed that you should now be able to download the "v card" that will give you my email. I haven't actually got a clue where the v card is, but i've activated it anyhow!~
cheers:tiphat:

They were mine olsmokey ,, surprised they didnt pop , i did a big run of them ,, i cant contact you so youll have to wait till your posts are up .

Anyone going to try the strain this year?

I ordered a pack of "Subterfuge 1" seeds from Humboldt CSI. It's supposed to be an improved THC version of the ABC. They threw in some nice freebies for me too. Now they seem to be running out of them. Odd.

I think making an autoflowering version of this for stealth would be really cool!

Sava

Anyone going to try the strain this year?

I ordered a pack of "Subterfuge 1" seeds from Humboldt CSI. It's supposed to be an improved THC version of the ABC. They threw in some nice freebies for me too. Now they seem to be running out of them. Odd.

I think making an autoflowering version of this for stealth would be really cool!

Sbt1 is still available at Hyb's website.
Have you opened original Hyb's pack? There is a surprise inside. :dance013:
I think Hyb's gear is a subject for new discussion as it is already far from initial abc parent.

Amynamous

Sbt1 is still available at Hyb's website.
Have you opened original Hyb's pack? There is a surprise inside. :dance013:
I think Hyb's gear is a subject for new discussion as it is already far from initial abc parent.

I didn’t know that hyb has a website. Care to share?
I got some through humboldtcsi. There were only seeds inside.

I like the subterfuge#1. Strengthwise, I find that it compares with 90% of what’s available in local dispensaries. A friend of mine is working on a spyderweb/subterfuge cross. Spyderweb is a great auto ducksfoot with deep purple coloring. I’ve been growing it for the past three years and it’s become my daily smoke.

Last edited:

Sava

the surprise is an amount of beans :)
Received it a few days ago along with a freebie pack of abc#4 pure and its hybrids.
Hyb also released an autoflowering feminized version of subt1...AutoBastard#1 it is also still available
Spyderweb sounds great too...very interesting to see...As i know there is already purple hybrid of ducksfood been released by dutch passion guys.

Amynamous

the surprise is an amount of beans :)
Received it a few days ago along with a freebie pack of abc#4 pure and its hybrids.
Hyb also released an autoflowering feminized version of subt1...AutoBastard#1 it is also still available
Spyderweb sounds great too...very interesting to see...As i know there is already purple hybrid of ducksfood been released by dutch passion guys.

Check this out:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=225899

G

A couple off season site 4 ladies. Keen to give these a long full season outdoor run when the times right. For now I'll make a handful of seeds, pollinate some heirloom sativas for future experiments and learn about how they grow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408-184252~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-184252~2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Bloom Day10 VWL (1)
    Bloom Day10 VWL (1)
    106.1 KB · Views: 87
G

And an example of the site 4 males used. Thanks Humboldt CSI for the release and your quality work in general.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408-184240~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-184240~2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20200408-184341~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-184341~2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 83
Beautiful plants liltree! How many weeks of flower for a plant like this?

My Subterfuge #1 baby has sprouted and already has mutant leaves. This will be interesting

teide

Veteran
Very interesting to see original ABC compared to subt1. I wonder how much improvement can be noticed. Does it really take 19 generations and twenty years of breeding before ABC reaches acceptable yield and potency?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Very interesting to see original ABC compared to subt1. I wonder how much improvement can be noticed. Does it really take 19 generations and twenty years of breeding before ABC reaches acceptable yield and potency?
shouldnt take anywhere near that long , if its a recessive trait one just has to outcross to increase potency , make f2 and search in them for some similar to the original to go on with , just takes some numbers and a little time , but definitely not 20 years ...

Latest posts

Latest posts