What's new

Abandoned dogs

vostok

Veteran
Put up a sign "Saying we take unwanted dogs" that way you get to see the type of owner they have, soon you will see similarities and pattens ... lol

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Or a sign that says "Doggie donors will be violated".

Or just litter your front yard with Chinese take-out menus and puppy bones.
That might slow down the drop offs. :D

I'd take Hershey in a New York minute.
Then I'd only hoard 4 dogs. :)

Aloha,
W.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
My last abandoned dog was bought home by my ex-wife in 1999.

Old Skippy had a bad limp with his left hind leg. We had seen him limping up & down the road. We had 5 acres of land and plenty of woodland all around. So he was bought home and fed & allowed in the house during cold weather.

As the years went by; his limp gradually went away. (never did figure out what caused it?)

He was a good old dog; always went into the woods to take a dump. But I told him if he didn't quit pissing on my truck tires; he would end up like Old Yella :chin:

He lived with me, until passing away in 2008. The wife took off in 2004 :D He took her place on the couch.

Attachments

• asset (1).jpg
    asset (1).jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 17
  • asset.jpg
    asset.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 17

MJBadger

Veteran
Mrs.Babba
Thanks S4L , I knew it was somebody with a love of animals & a big heart .

Here is Mrs Babba`s sig . "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are." --Will Rogers

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran

so how about your neighbor & her beagle Trisha, they getting along???

They're real happy together. Trisha is getting her medicine now, so there hasn't been any more problems.

As far as I can tell, that dog is getting spoiled bad. :biggrin:

BlueBlazer

Veteran
Hershey pretty much took over Cricket's chair (Cricket don't fit so good anymore). Here's a couple of shots I grabbed this morning (I think the ear flop is cute):

The mutts have all been visiting more often, but we still haven't pulled the trigger on fully integrating them. So far, everything has been going real well. It shouldn't be too much longer.

BlueBlazer

Veteran
We've been letting them visit with each other more and more for short periods of time. These sessions are mostly them sniffing each other's junk. Tails wagging the whole time.

Today Missy and Hershey were circling each other sniffing each other's butts and I got dizzy watching them.

They are still a little ill at ease with each other, but it's improving.

We've been really busy with several things and haven't had the time to really spend to get them together full-time. However, it is working out well and progress is being made.

BlueBlazer

Veteran
When I got home for work today, this is what I saw coming up to the house:

They still can't leave each other alone . . .

Double stupid as they contemplate the chair.

BlueBlazer

Veteran
As I have stated before. Saying hello to 3 dogs is a lot more involved than saying hello to 2 dogs. I need another arm.
picture.php

I currently have Hershey in the den with me. Missy, Cricket, and Hershey were all trying to fit under the missus' chair at once. (Imagine the 3 stooges bonking sound) Now Hershey is resting on my chair.

BlueBlazer

Veteran
Thanks. Does our hearts good to see it too.

Hershey is only 3 and Cricket isn't even 1 yet, so they want to play with each other. Their play mostly consists of leaping around and at each other. This distresses Missy who must be restrained as she makes all kinds of worried mother noises. As we suspected, the only hurdle left is for Missy to accept that Hershey is not a threat to Cricket. Once that is achieved, she can join in and help wreck the place. :biggrin:

One step at a time, but on a whole it is going very well.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

poor Missy, her world's been turned upside down. is it possible that Missy & Hershey need to spend more time playing together alone? that way she'll understand that the interaction's all about playing, not fighting.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
what if they ate poop? i had to get rid of my lab because of that. came back inside licking the kids faces. pet or not i cant risk my families health because the dog is cute and affectionate. mind u i didnt abandon the dog, thats plain mean but sometimes despite your feelings you have to do whats best for all parties...why do dogs do that anyway?

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Dogs do that to re-populate their intestinal flora.
As do most creatures.
It's pro-biotics in it's rawest form.

Bad toilet training messes up peoples minds
Normal healthy poop won't hurt you.
It's not a biohazard it's not poison. It's a natural part of life.
Once the animals intestinal flora is back in balance they eliminate poo from their diet.

I would have trained the dog not to lick faces, but that's just me. :)

Aloha,
Weezard

BlueBlazer

Veteran

poor Missy, her world's been turned upside down. is it possible that Missy & Hershey need to spend more time playing together alone? that way she'll understand that the interaction's all about playing, not fighting.

That's what we think, and we have been doing that. It's just going to take some time. Missy is extremely protective.

Edit ~ on a side note, both the missus and I have been going out of our way to give Missy extra lovings, so she doesn't feel shit on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts