What's new

AACT Flowering Tea

Granger, THANKS MUCH DUDE. I just wanted some reassurance. I have actually been testing this method of using pH to adjust the clean water first. I will test to see if I can bring the pH up by brewing the microbes longer as well. Adding natural pH is a problem because the pH naturally drops in the medium (over time) when using pH up. I feel like this may be the issue within the medium.

I use well water and my water is closer to pH neutral so when I add nutes/ teas the solution becomes very acidic. This has caused ph ISSUES , yes curling of the leaves etc... the day after I feed. I will attempt to bring the pH up naturally first by brewing for longer periods of time. I also am at a high altitude location, which would mean that the aerobic tea would need longer time or more oxygen to colonize as fast as it would at sea level.

Thanks

Last edited:
As for pH, I was trying to get an accurate reading in the soil(less), I never have had to check pH in the soil or runoff. Something was severely wrong , so I took readings of before, inside, and after. I could tell there was a major issue once I looked at all 3 of these readings. Checking runoff is like checking drain to waste system, right? pH does matter if you have any background in science. I don't have to sit here and explain myself. Just trying to come to a consensus like scientists would do. I think I will just stick with what I have learned from the mentors and the books I have acquired, instead of dealing with internet ego's and ganja internet celebs!

Namaste

Last edited:
Sadhu,
I have never checked my medium [coco] pH nor my runoff pH. I do make sure that the pH of anything I feed/water with is in or near the 5.8-6.1 range most of the time. This is much more necessary in coco than soil, but when you start talking about a pH in the low 4's and even down into the 3's, something must be done. You can ask only so much out of your herd, and a pH that low affects the herd profoundly. It affects the mix of critters and even which strains can survive. With your pH going lower during the brew, that tells me that the predominant strains are not likely to cause a stablization and rising to a good pH range in the medium. The pH is probably too low for proliferation of strains that would raise it.

Typically, my brews start pretty low, often in the 4's, and rise to high 7's if allowed. I usually monitor and brew till pH is no higher than high 6's, then use it. This will usually be 24-30 hours, but sometimes up to 48. [These are conclusions drawn from monitoring and observation, and from what my plants say.]

If it were me, short of another higher pH water source, I'd raise the pH of the both waters before the brew starts, including the water you add the brew to. I would do it with something like Earth Juice pH Up. Then see what the finished product pH is. Adjust waters for next batch accordingly.

Another thing I would do is to make sure you are using plenty of inoculant, but also important, use 1 or 2 other inoculants. I usually use mostly EWC, with 2 other composts to get a lot of strain diversity. Good luck. -granger

Thanks, This is what I have done in previous years, Other than the High pH water source, which I now am dealing with. Got everything dialed in again on the coir run.

Peace

If Sadhu's soil pH is 4.2 like he says, something's causing it, and if he's consistently using low pH tea that's probably why. Sadhu, if it were me, I'd try to get the pH up on your teas for awhile to see if the plants improve. If they don't, then you'll know to look for other causes. Good luck. -granger

This is how I was able to figure out in the first place that it was a pH issue. Thanks guys! :biggrin:

Yes, follow the instructions all over this forum about building a living soil with lots of humates in it and throw that pH meter in the trash.
There are thousands of other things that can cause problems in an organic grow. pH in a living grow medium is rarely one of them but for some mysterious reason it is the most common answer given for the troubled organic growers woes.
You'll see the same major problems in an organic grow as you would in a chemical grow. It's up to the grower to seek these traits out and experiment to find the cause. Most often times inexperienced growers will just throw everything at the problem and expect it to help. Only to find their issues are exacerbated.
Coming to the forums for quick information rarely helps. The grower should start with a single strain, a single medium mix and a single organic food source and stick to that one regiment over several harvests until the grower sees problems, remembers (or better yet refers back to his or her notes) where the changes that caused the problems occurred and makes small adjustments over time to see if the issues with their grow improves. These "changes" could be when the lighting went from continuous to 12/12, changes in temperature in the grow room, a new batch of nutrients or many other things.
Nothing happens overnight except stupid things like using pH up or down, whether natural or chemical to screw up a grow. If you have a good living grow medium and are testing the pH of a solution you are about to add and adjust it with pH up or down like lemon juice or vinegar, what you end up doing is screwing up your grow medium. Which would have been able to handle the pH of the solution anyway. This has been stated thousands of times right here in this forum, only to be ignored by the growers seeking help and the people helping them who both can find the answers with the click of the mouse.
This is not a "Go back and read" answer to Sadhu's problem, but Xmobotx, Microbeman and myself have spent thousands of hours, even years typing this information out for all to see. We are Mentors here to help, not babysitters. Neither do we have the garden with problems at our fingertips or within our control. It is entirely up to the GROWER to be the FARMER in charge of their crop.
The best suggestion I could ever give to any grower is this... "Start with patience".
Burn1

One would only conclude that we all run TLO?? Well this is a test I am performing in one of the grows where I am running organics with some chelated nutes , while using the teas to break down/ inoculate a STERILE medium.. I appreciate your advice, but in the future, u could save your time instead of responding with a paragraph, which this discussion finds useless. Teaching someone how to grow is one thing, babysitting is another, talking shit is easy. I know it could be an ego thing, but who knows? Granger truly wanted to help as he showed some genuine compassion, his response not being driven by his ego. I have grown organically and inorganically. I am not afraid to test, as this is how solutions and creations are made. Nor do I have to explain who I am , what I do , etc. Just here to LEARN, so you wouldn't have any response to this other than to talk down on "chemicals" and throw away the pH tester. Word. Will take your advice lightly.

I have been on the forums for years, and to boost your ego, I have read your posts, and microbeman, etc. Does not seem like you had any positive input in this discussion whatsoever. Why even post? Internet boredom on your part? Its damn funny how humans operate, especially with the modern technology. I wanted an opinion from some credible sources, I don't need a solution. What makes you think I would listen to you, especially now? Now I can tell of all of you who would approach the situation appropriately. Who on these forums are actually chill! haha

Microbeman,

Hope this clears some things up, thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
chelated nutes, sterile medium ~yeah you probably need a pH meter for that. are you doing compost tea {microbial extrapolation} or nute teas?

kinda sounds like you have it all figured out anyway?

Coba

Veteran
One would only conclude that we all run TLO?? Well this is a test I am performing in one of the grows where I am running organics with some chelated nutes , while using the teas to break down/ inoculate a STERILE medium.. I appreciate your advice, but in the future, u could save your time instead of responding with a paragraph, which this discussion finds useless. Teaching someone how to grow is one thing, babysitting is another, talking shit is easy. I know it could be an ego thing, but who knows? Granger truly wanted to help as he showed some genuine compassion, his response not being driven by his ego. I have grown organically and inorganically. I am not afraid to test, as this is how solutions and creations are made. Nor do I have to explain who I am , what I do , etc. Just here to LEARN, so you wouldn't have any response to this other than to talk down on "chemicals" and throw away the pH tester. Word. Will take your advice lightly.

I have been on the forums for years, and to boost your ego, I have read your posts, and microbeman, etc. Does not seem like you had any positive input in this discussion whatsoever. Why even post? Internet boredom on your part? Its damn funny how humans operate, especially with the modern technology. I wanted an opinion from some credible sources, I don't need a solution. What makes you think I would listen to you, especially now? Now I can tell of all of you who would approach the situation appropriately. Who on these forums are actually chill! haha

Microbeman,

Hope this clears some things up, thanks for your patience.

Let's be nice. I've already put my toes to the line here. It's his garden. He's the farmer.
Burn1

Last edited by a moderator:
chelated nutes, sterile medium ~yeah you probably need a pH meter for that. are you doing compost tea {microbial extrapolation} or nute teas?

kinda sounds like you have it all figured out anyway?

Using both nute teas and compost teas. The compost teas is used for more of a flush. Yeah not used to a pH tester either. All good to go, thanks :dance013:

I was reading because i am intrested in usin teas along with my grows so it is sum helpful info on this thread. & Sadhu i understand, its sad to see wen u need info or jus friendly advice as to where it is almost the only place to recieve critical feedback & sumbody gives an irrelevant or unnecessary response. I can tell ur not a noob by conversation n jus simply lookin for pieces to a complicated puzzle. Everyone has credible information as far as i can see. Next time ppl should b less dramatic.. If someone asks step by step how to grow from seed to harvest, to me dats considered "babysitting" but if he already moved past numerous stages and steps and feels stomped by one mishap than as a community we should want to help. No matter who the farmer guru is, we are all the same as ppl jus on different experience levels. As a "community" which is exactly what icmag is, a group of ppl striving for the same goal & we should b less emotional n more helpful.. Dont mind me tho, im jus adding a few gems for the ones who are actually payin attention. Bkuz its guest who reads these threads & are nervous to become a member bkuz they see members bein hasty.. This post has nothing against anyone at all n deserves no response. Im not perfect neither. I jus root for the lil guys.. Remember life always starts at a dream, its our job to get up & chase them.. Sweet dreams

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dreamz; If you are interested in using teas, this thread is of no use. As for your other assertions, perhaps you could elucidate the pH testing method which was used to pose the question/problem.

One cannot tell you how to make your chocolate milk taste better without a baseline of ingredients.

Good looking out.. But actually i have my own ingredients for my soup.. I was jus sayin as to sum of the ingredients listed on this may b a choice to add or so.. I have had the great privilege to watch sum great growers in action so that one day i may follow thier steps.. I grow usin synthetic nutes on sum and fully organic on the others so i get the best of both worlds.. Im actually a fan of urs microbeman. I have seen ur work and threads on microbe activity in soil. So i appreciate it

Exactly, i never directed my statements to u. I kno how important it is to be as clear as crystal wen asking questions so that u can receive the most relevent answers. I guess sometimes ppl forget the little things. But i look up to a few growers around here and i still think icmag is the place to find some of the finest growers period. I jus think we all should b a little more patient to our responses bkuz sum ppl take it offensive sumtimes. I kan take constructive critisim on da chin, get back up and find new solutions. But some ppl take it and run to never return bkuz its kinda a new experience.. Hopefully im makin sum type of sense.. But much love and respect to everyone on icmag kuz this is truly a great community

Latest posts

Latest posts