What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have noticed growing A5hs1 they seemed unhappy... Like they lost their vigor.. I found 2 seeds in my#8.. I grew 1 of them and she is a Super happy plant with tons of vigor. I don't know what made the seeds. A5hs1 x Unknown. I saved this plant to grow again in the fall. She is a really nice plant.
DSCN8117.JPG

Last edited:

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
i see this seedline more of a tool, than a end product ....also its kind of a poster child for the possible side effects of s1's.... i think you would need 100 seeds to find something even akin to the mother clone

browntrout

Veteran
I have noticed growing A5hs1 they seemed unhappy... Like they lost their vigor.. I found 2 seeds in my#8.. I grew 1 of them and she is a Super happy plant with tons of vigor. I don't know what made the seeds. A5hs1 x Unknown. I saved this plant to grow again in the fall. She is a really nice plant.
View attachment 18877406
Looks like a healthy plant indeed! Looks like she can yield also. Very nice.

browntrout

Veteran
i see this seedline more of a tool, than a end product ....also its kind of a poster child for the possible side effects of s1's.... i think you would need 100 seeds to find something even akin to the mother clone
That appears to be true based on others grow’s, with some individuals not looking the part. Mine had stemmed from a
a GG2 breeding I had been doing and decided to throw some haze hybrids in the breeding tent. Turned out I liked the single A5 S1 plant over the Neville’s Haze, BA#75 and KA5H plants and went that route, it also made the best hybrids with GG2 when testing each line imo. Perhaps I was lucky with that single A5 S1 plant, it wasn’t anymore difficult to grow then the other haze hybrids, and offered the most haze like smell.

I’ve been saving the remaining seeds and acquiring other haze/sativa genetics for a rainy day in the mean time.

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
That appears to be true based on others grow’s, with some individuals not looking the part. Mine had stemmed from a
a GG2 breeding I had been doing and decided to throw some haze hybrids in the breeding tent. Turned out I liked the single A5 S1 plant over the Neville’s Haze, BA#75 and KA5H plants and went that route, it also made the best hybrids with GG2 when testing each line imo. Perhaps I was lucky with that single A5 S1 plant, it wasn’t anymore difficult to grow then the other haze hybrids, and offered the most haze like smell.

I’ve been saving the remaining seeds and acquiring other haze/sativa genetics for a rainy day in the mean time.
seems like the haze gods have blessed you,.....the theme with this a5 s1 is how Indica it leans...getting a plant with some strong haze expressions seems hard enough, seen allot of low resin phenos also with deformities n growth issues ....unless your lucky ..i have to concur with hammer about out crossing.....i imagine tho, when a grower does actually find a good a5 s1 ....its really really good,... because the old a5 mother clone undoubtedly is

goingrey

seems like the haze gods have blessed you,.....the theme with this a5 s1 is how Indica it leans...getting a plant with some strong haze expressions seems hard enough, seen allot of low resin phenos also with deformities n growth issues ....unless your lucky ..i have to concur with hammer about out crossing.....i imagine tho, when a grower does actually find a good a5 s1 ....its really really good,... because the old a5 mother clone undoubtedly is
That's interesting. It's expected that the S1/F2 generation of a real F1 would segregate to both sides of the family and also everything in between, but if that is what you're seeing, would it then mean that the Haze A male was a low resin deformed plant?

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
well it means that in the haze A genepool they are low resin deformed plants....the work needed to actually selected a good haze attests to that ...its not a easy task ... and with haze and northern lights been hybrids in there own rights ......its 'pot' luck in the s1 ....pun intended :D