What's new

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

yup,that is a little power puff girl there isnt it? think im gonna pop some of the beans i made this week,so let me drop some props to you (and retardo) and so many others for helping to inspire me to watch some plants fuck...i already have a good feeling about two of the crosses,like there was some valid reason to pair the parents rather than just simple opportunity....

I have always liked the word: "validity".... Seems like an important word...a justification for actions we have taken (or passed on)...answer to the question...prove or disprove

It's great to see other gardeners reaching for their own thing. Having a jar of flowers...from genetics you have brought together..grown out and brought full circle....really is what it's all about. Totally elevates the gardening experience.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i work in one of the few "grow stores" that actually sells plants,and indeed at this point about a third of the stock we have i propagated myself plus building most of the displays,plus i have quite a collection of cactus and succulents going at home now,and all that has certainly done quite a bit to enrich the gardening experience,even if the garden does suffer a bit cause after taking care of a couple hundred plants all day i get a bit chlorophyll-ed out....thank god for veganic nutes....makes it easy,mix and pour...anyway,rambling,smoking some c99,well cured... i think at a certain experience level in growing some pollen chucking is almost inevitable,evolution taking the reins...

T

THE PABLOS

#1 and #4 Hell Hounds

#1 and #4 Hell Hounds

Selection #1 was taken out of the flower studio....had her medium flooded over with Straight RO water...then re-salted with mix high in P. Starting her blasting phase....day 32

Note her structure as compared to:

Selection #4....at day 37.....fully involved in getting her flowers filled out

You can see...#4 is much more the mess of floppy branches...that must be heavily trained onto the cage...constantly bent/tied to stay under the moving lights.

Whereas....#1 requires...not much of anything...to be kept on her cage and under light. Simply....a much easier structure to deal with....not to mention...showcasing the diversity in Hell Hound expression.

* This Hell Hound cross is good stuff. Lots of stanky flowers....have not seen any intersex...besides the training on most expressions...they are easy to grow/care for.

T

THE PABLOS

Confessions of a Hash Man

Confessions of a Hash Man

I'll relay here...that I smoke more bubble hash these days...than I do flowers. When I'm home (like today)...I'll have my pipe and ceramic solder wand at the ready. For any reason at all...I'll hit globs of resin and send it up in blue clouds...to speculate on the air current drift or clear a path to orbit...it matters not.

I confess that I am somewhat of a maniac....always working...or always working on something...multitasking to the point that I feel like I'm in more places than one. It's not always a comfortable trend to participate in. It can be...at times...a sort of madness.

Thawing out the next ball of hash....I-HOP Highend trim...to be screened through the nets...only when the sun sinks

Yeeeeesssss....the resin should be heady and full of flavor....melting away in slicks of oil

Just admit it,P,you've been planning this all along...you didn't just fall into two uber hash lines and a major bubble binge at the same time,did you?

T

THE PABLOS

Guilty of Hashing

Guilty of Hashing

So....after many years of use...I finally have a hole in one of my screens (73 micron). I was still able to use it...but I'll need to figure out a way to patch it or I'll need to replace it.

Anyways...I'm still waiting for the 25 micron bag to drain...and as I usually don't collect that much in that micron size (especially for the pita of the drain wait)....I'll go ahead and post up the what has already been harvested via the 120 micron and 73 micron. I'm only using 4 bags these days....I still don't see a reason to get any crazier than that...I mean really

I'd say I-HOP Highend presents decent enough hash plants. An ample yield of resin. It's clean stuff....nice color(looks like there is a green twinge on the 120 glob..but in life I don't see it)...will be melty goodness. I'm sure it will get me high as a motherfucker

* I only like hash at home. Home...home where I can take my time to melt it in my pipe with my solder tool. Take my time...keep things clean...and blow the top of my head off.

** In public I only smoke hash worm rolled in joints. That's the only clean and effective way I've found to smoke bubble hash in a social setting...where things must be done so as not to take all day doing it.

*** Hash is for sure a cleaner high

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shoe goo,that how you fix the hole...im just about to invest in a new set of bags,i am getting an 8 bag set,and maybe even one of the little machines....

T

THE PABLOS

shoe goo,that how you fix the hole...im just about to invest in a new set of bags,i am getting an 8 bag set,and maybe even one of the little machines....

I was thinking exactly that (Shoe Goo)...or I think I have some kind of glue for tent repairs.

Bubble Bags (Bubbleman): I've had my 7 bag set for 5 or 6 yrs. Used them...god knows how many times...many an oz of hash have I made with them...and I still think they are well made and a great product. Still love them.

Never used a machine. For what I do...5gal bags work well enough. By using only 4 bags (220, 120, 73, and 25) I can get great quality in a very quick run. Since all my hash eventually finds its way into the "Power Ball"....I just make it as simple as simple does

Goddamn though...I can pull a piece off the Ball...on any given day...and find a twist of head and flavor of all the expressions I've been working with as of late. It's like high quality chocolate....flavor and effect melt right into your head.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i only ever had a three bag set so i will need to go through my own thing with them before i start cutting bags out...and these days you can just order one bag at a time...the machines work pretty darn well,maybe a frippery,i dont really have that much to process after all...

T

THE PABLOS

The Common Themes of Expression

The Common Themes of Expression

Pass the eyes over these two pix

On the left is Hell Hound selection #3 at day 48....on the right is Hell Hound selection #6 at day 38. What the pictures are intended to portray is the common theme of Hell Hound F1 expression. This is how...I'd say...7 of 9 express. Mirrors of each other...

* I need to make a correction on their structure description. I've been outing them as "flimsy/floppy" expressions...when in fact...they are not. They do stretch...and as I've had to mangle some of them...to keep them under the lights/on their cages...they seem more flimsy than they actually are. If left alone...they would be erect. Their branches are more than moderately strong.

** The only flimsy expression is #2...but she is probably a 3rd generation Odessa...and not a "true" Hell Hound

Edit: I once let White Fly be somewhat free in my indoor garden...as I used to let Pocket Gophers be somewhat free in my outdoor gardens. No longer....my easy going...share method...was decidedly unsound. I'm back to my killing ways.....pretty much ridded myself of those beasts

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my house plants have fungus gnats,but the garden has remained mostly free of them...i credit the wet/dry cycle and the regular use of compost tea as well as the vigorous air exchange going on in my rooms...im seeing lots of fan sales at the shop all of a sudden....

T

THE PABLOS

my house plants have fungus gnats,but the garden has remained mostly free of them...i credit the wet/dry cycle and the regular use of compost tea as well as the vigorous air exchange going on in my rooms...im seeing lots of fan sales at the shop all of a sudden....

I tend to bring in bugs from my veggie/fruit gardens. My rooms are not fully sealed...so there is opportunity for all kinds of beasts. It's difficult trying to balance all the gardens and their issues with all the other stuff going on...in life. I don't usually have the time to wash and change clothes..before entering each time.

I've been trapping Gophers...as well as shooting them with an air rifle...or digging up their nest and young...doing them away with a shovel. In the last 2wks...I killed 9. Pretty much wasted the population. They are laying low...or are gone (lol...yeah right)

The White Fly have mostly been fucked off...helps that my rooms have way less plants. Part of the White Fly issue was that the rooms were crammed for all those years of building my pools. It was a hard stretch in more ways than one. It's totally different having space....wow...way different...and not near as much labor.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,the shop is full of fungus gnats so its inevitable i would drag some home,not to mention my houseplant collection is growing larger weekly...

i have been playing around with various configurations of numbers of plants in each 4x4 area,just got done with a single plant under a 1000w all by itself,got just over a pound of veganic goodness,at the same time i had a tent crammed full of barely vegged clones in 2 gallon pots,not impressed over all with the quality of the buds,lots went straight to hash,but should still get a bit over a pound or so,now i have two plants in a scrog under a 1000w,thats going nuts,topped many times,super-cropped several times,a solid screen of buds....

gardening is fun!

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
"I confess that I am somewhat of a maniac....always working...or always working on something...multitasking to the point that I feel like I'm in more places than one. It's not always a comfortable trend to participate in. It can be...at times...a sort of madness."

Thank you, i feel less alone now.

Madjag

Veteran
Burnin'

Burnin'

How's it Pablos?

The fires in New Mexico have filled the Tucson area with smoke and combined with the heat it's getting a bit thick around here. Phoenix was 108 on Thursday; today maybe 111.

That early June rush to burn......

T

THE PABLOS

Productive Plagiarizing?

Productive Plagiarizing?

Hell Hound resounds the creations of ClearBarbedFunk and Grat3fulh3ad. This is what it does. Experiments by CBF in OG Kush expression....and H3ad's Casey Jones flower along with some of his C99 work

Look here...Selection #3 (left) and Selection #2 (right)....day 56 (flushing). Note the #2 sister is showing a common Casey(ish) flower that is easily found in Odessa. Thus...I speculate that she is not a "true" Hell Hound..but...like I've said before..an Odessa IX2 (F3)....whereas: the #3 is showing about a 50/50 blend of Odessa and OG Jam...therefore...making her a "true" Hell Hound

#2 has the more loose/fluffy/stringy Thai-like flowers...#3 has some of those similarities but keeps her flowers tighter and smaller

The oddball Selection #1 at day 41

She has always been the shortest and slowest of the 9 sisters...yet I picked her as the #1 all those months ago. Her structure is desirable..her flowers are dense spears of OG Kush influence...sweet funk bubblegum(ish).....very nice model

* Going through the ups and downs of outdoor May into June veggie/fruit gardening. It's all a lot of work...on top of life...lot of extra effort and gambling. Weather is all over the place.

** Over the holiday I went on a 3 day running binge...doing minimum 1/2 marathons each run. Hard runs...no bullshit...pushing efforts

*** In the middle of another 3 day binge presently. Running heat of the day hills. Biting off pieces of the mountains...chewing chunks down. Pavement...single track trail...fire roads/truck trails/2 tracks...fucking anything. Building a core of meditation....I'm tired...the hills are hitting me hard...but it's one step into another.

****Deer Fly. Can you run uphill fast enough to keep them off you? June means Deer Fly. Those fuckers push my ass up so many hills it's not even funny...but it is an indicator of one's progress. The less flesh I give them...the better a runner I have become

***** I'm pretty far gone into where this running meditation is taking me. It's difficult to explain....you work and you work and eventually you break down walls. It's not about running to or away...but running in the present...not looking back or forward. Sound simple? To me...to stay in a present aware state...is difficult to achieve. When it happens...the world is a different place.

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Calling out Hell Hound selection #4

Calling out Hell Hound selection #4

Tomorrow night is the Jane's Addiction show...a festival where we're skipping all the acts...except for Janes. Just how it is...this time around

Selection #4 expresses a tightened up Odessa flower...feeling that the OG Jam influence is showing through there. The expressions...are..for the most part...very close...some days they will appear more influenced by one parent line...and the next...they will appear to be expressing more from the other parent line.

Anyway...this girl is on day 47

If you are familiar with the Odessa cross...or if you have experience with Casey Jones...you can see the influence. They are...however...tightened up and more a fingerling style flower.

This style flower...is desirable to me because...it allows for better light coverage when trained to the cage. Rather than having a bulk/crowd of fluffy flower blocking light...but not gaining weight...this flower expression makes for a more manageable and efficient plant. There is method...at times...in as far as the blending of lines and expression must go. There must be a light bulb...going on some where. It's not all pollen in the wind

* I do not believe it takes many generations to move away from a given line....but it's important to outcross if you are looking to expedite your cause...or to un-bottleneck a pool

** Had to change RO membrane and filters....my ppms started climbing a couple weeks ago...always see it when dirty water is getting past the system...it will show in bottom leaves 1st. Fixed it.

*** I'm in the fucked up stages of running binge. Here's the riddle I'm working over....3 days straight is a Trilogy...any more days than that...the next # must be 6 days. Take a step past 3 days...and you must go 6. Little games like this..well...they keep me aware. It's a matter of self monitoring....the desire to push on...the integrity of the runs. You will never see a wall unless you push....and you...for sure..won't be able to go through unless you push. Ain't nobody watching...it's all on you. That's the freedom

Last edited:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
A Jane´s Addiction gig!!!
MAMA I WANNA GO!!! That is one from my bucket list my friend :)
Last night i was watching a Afghan Wigs gig and Memory Lane was wide open and with a mind OST of Lo Ritual de lo Habitual. Funny how, today, without the substances i can feel the same old kick just with the words&music. I bet you know what i´m talking about.
Have a great night and if possible share some memories with us later on.
I´ve read your last paragraph a few times in a row and i almost felt the hunger to run and push the wall. No need for that because that´s your wall but after a moment the inspiration was found...i need to push my own walls....harder and harder again.
Freedom is a orange.