What's new

A World On A String

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like the perfect buzz for a Saturday morning;)

I like to get high before starting a session of anything physicaly taxing. One of my greatest pleasures in life is working a shovel and wheelbarrow. I don't mean just digging a little and pushing the barrel. I mean a gnarley ass dig sesh,moving yards of material in 95 degrees and 100% humidity. Soaking wet,heart pumping WORK!
Don't get enough hard work these days:( Not enogh heat and humidity here either.
Makes me miss Florida,(a little)

T

THE PABLOS

Sounds like the perfect buzz for a Saturday morning;)

I like to get high before starting a session of anything physicaly taxing. One of my greatest pleasures in life is working a shovel and wheelbarrow. I don't mean just digging a little and pushing the barrel. I mean a gnarley ass dig sesh,moving yards of material in 95 degrees and 100% humidity. Soaking wet,heart pumping WORK!
Don't get enough hard work these days:( Not enogh heat and humidity here either.
Makes me miss Florida,(a little)

I should take some pix of my digging equipment....couple digging bars,The Blue Jackson wheelbarrow(with skate stickers all over it), Square head and Spade shovels, picks, etc etc..I lay them all out by the proposed hole...like a surgeon lays out his tools...throw down ply wood sheets for ramps and roads....get crazy.

"Never be too proud that you are above digging" is one of my rules.

I love digging dude....I'm low to the ground with super good endurance. None of my landscaping is permanent. I've dug up just about my entire property....using a Bobcat only one day. The rest is my back and will. Digging into decomposing Granite...looking for water or gold...lol...I'm the "Big Gopher" up in here....

T

THE PABLOS

hello PABLOS flushing now are we? you've got a good eye, it looks like you're right on time.

life seems like a big adventure over there homie!

Yup....the only plant I have in flush...the ChemDDs are still a week or so out from flush I think. I love flushing.....like flossing teeth...getting all the crystals out of there. I bounce the PH of my flush water every day....I feel it may get the plants to use up the nutes better. Just speculation.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would never buy anything other than a Jackson wheelbarrow. Razorback make a damn fine flat-head too.

On the flushing tip, I like to let my pH swing too. Just feels right

T

THE PABLOS

I would never buy anything other than a Jackson wheelbarrow. Razorback make a damn fine flat-head too.

On the flushing tip, I like to let my pH swing too. Just feels right

Swinging PH totally seems like the right thing to do.....I find not all plants like a stable PH....and not not all expressions feed the same off the same PH....so I let it flux 5.6-6.0 (coco) even when I feed....but in flush I bounce it more like 5.5-6.2....though I don't measure PH readings anymore...I'm a hell of a guesser. A splash here...a splash there...watch plant reactions.

Jacksons rule....and they are rebuildable...I've had this one for 6yrs...heavy use.

I'm a hell of a wood cutter as well...I split by maul only....8# and 16# mauls....oak and pine....wood splitting is an art form....a great stoner preoccupation....reading the rounds and breaking them down.

Love chainsaws....I have a modified 046 Stihl....upgraded exhaust and Max Flow filter....fucking little ripper. I run a 28" bar mostly....but it pulls a 32" no problem at all...off a 8 tooth sprocket...all about chain speed....and sharp chain. Chainsaws....if you know how to fell....makes you pocket $$$$$ out my way. I cut lots of wood.

T

THE PABLOS

Snowed in....my 4wd is down the hill with the girl...

Snowed in....my 4wd is down the hill with the girl...

....the stuff is piling up (to keep) falling all night. Hunkered down for the weekend.

Smoked another 1/2 joint of Faye to get that wrecking ball pendulum high...defoliating the vegetative studio....it wasn't that long ago I showed some of my defol veg rm......but now look...

A tedious job...defoliating the veg rm....but it gets you up close and one on one per expression...I've defoliated some of my current subjects so many Xs....I can tell you what they are without label reading.....and like i said about selections in vegetative stages...decisions get made...

*Note: although they quickly grow their leaves back....the have grown vertically very little nor spread horizontally (like a topped plant will do)...that is a key function of constant defoliation.

You see this Crunge plant?

She is not the biggest or the most vigorous of The Crunge plants....in fact she is the slowest and the smallest. Generally I want my vigor...I want explosive growth....but this plant has what I call "Curl Leaf"....some but not all of her leaves curl up.....

Because she is the strange sister out of a pretty uniform Crunge population....and because I find curled leaves attractive and favorable....I care little for her daintiness. I have a gut feeling about her so.....

Labeled as such a long time ago so I could keep track of her and make sure she was consistently putting out the curls after defoliations...making sure it was the same plant.

...this afternoon while pruning and musing in the population...I decided I want to use her as a donor to make Cleveland Crunge. The Cleveland Sage males I'll need are just youngsters....no where near sexing....and this was not planned for this time around...but that's what my gut says to do....so be it.

She will be stalled until I have the males....then she'll make her run and get banged up a little. This is about confidence in vegetative selections... as I'll have a lot of logistical time in her....before I even get to see her death expression...therefore...she could be a complete waste couldn't she?.....or an accurate grind time will tell

FistedSister

pablos homie this flush may have started a month before harvest, she kinda sips on the water i swear its those skinny stems.

picture.php

T

THE PABLOS

That looks killer. I love them most at that stage...slow death...though I find a plant's personality has much to do with the way they flush. Some turn over quickly....some like it slow/dragged out. She's beautiful dude.

I'm not much of a gland watcher....more... I watch how a plant acts. And sometimes....certain ones will annoy the shit out of me until I feel inclined to give them chop. I've found though....by growing mostly my own stuff....that I don't get frustrated/bored with as many. And then...I'd only have myself to blame anyway.

FistedSister

I'm not much of a gland watcher....more... I watch how a plant acts. And sometimes....certain ones will annoy the shit out of me until I feel inclined to give them chop. I've found though....by growing mostly my own stuff....that I don't get frustrated/bored with as many.

flushing and harvest...PABLOS like ya said, we watch the plants behavior. while i do count days of flowering that is just a guideline. my favorite marijuanas either seem to swell like grapes with big bunches of fat calyx, or the ones that harden up and sweat glistening resin (or both)

peace !!

T

THE PABLOS

Early litter picks out of the Cleveland Sage population

Early litter picks out of the Cleveland Sage population

Cleveland Sage= Prune Juice X HummingBird

Prune Juice= Querkle X Grape Krush

HummingBird= Kali Mist x ChemD Kush X Grape Krush

My methods....somewhat dogmatic in that....they are strict. My eyes collect the expressions without much thought behind them...initially.

I base my first picks on blind faith attraction....nothing else. After snatching up the 'attraction plants' I then go over them...combing through their leaves....looking at structure....looking at coloring...looking for abnormalities (often the reason for attraction)...and I've found a curious thing...

If I compare my 1st pick selections to each other....they most often have similar features....they often mirror each other.

1st round pick of the litters....1st glance attraction selections...pre sex (doesn't matter how they sex...I'll use them either way...I have a feeling 2 of 3 will be female)

The two taller plants are duplicates of each other. I believe they will be much like the Prune Juice momma. Rare in the population...these are the only plants that went this deep toward Prune Juice. There is something in leaves that gives it away...

The squat plant...I think I'll get to see the Blueberry Indica/Kush phenotype that I saw in the HummingBird F1 run. That works for me...

All three have this Purple/Blue coloring in common...(though most the population are greenies)...nothing rare or anything but it points in the direction I want to go. Never too early to start plotting your selection course....I had to kill a few to clear the clouds from my vision. I find that I see things better after I've culled the least able.

...since I have to find males for that Crunge girl I have in a state of suspended animation...I might as well pay full attention.

T

THE PABLOS

Favorable weather brings added bonuses....

Favorable weather brings added bonuses....

...Like being able to finish flushing out I-HOP Highend....at day 52..she was put out yesterday to gather winter sun....cold nights etc...I don't give a poo...she has her square bagged up and surrounded by cooking compost....by gawd it sure woke her up..she gets no breaks..she's on her own until harvest day.

I-HOP Highend= Straw Dog F2 X Highend F2 In Through the Out Door

You can feed plants whatever works....but it's light spectrums that do the majority (other than genetics) of the work bringing out flavor. You can never duplicate the power/range of natural spectrums. Feed your plants all that "organic" nutrient shit you want....it is less than 1/2 as important when it comes to flavor...as light spectrum is.

Most organic products are a marketing ploy....they make peeps snobby and very unrealistic....in feeling good about their well fed selves/plants...keeping it real....yet not. I'll take my organic light source though....I sure will...and I'll take cooking compost releasing all that gas beside her...I do believe in I'm in for a little treat....a blast of finish growth..a color change...waves and waves of winter spectrum. It is ideal really...finishing off indoor flowers in the outdoors.

I've noticed that a lot of "organic" pot tastes the same in undertone (not true with in the ground outdoor grown organic plants)...and often the overall flavor is made almost generic by this undertone. A plant must stand on its own merits...not held up with a cheating crutch.

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Deeper into Crunge flower....

Deeper into Crunge flower....

I've been taking some of my squat plants out of HPS spectrum lighting and giving them more than a few hours of MH/Fluorescent spectrum lighting. This will get them ready to go do 1/2 their flushes outdoors.

It is so interesting to me....how spectrum and atmosphere enhance aroma, flavor, and effects. As long as I have squat plants and proper flowering hours/weather....I'll be experimenting with the outdoor finishes of indoor flowered plants.

...this is the 1st Crunge I put into flower...day 44...going into peak flower making mode....getting at least 3hrs of Blue dominant light spectrum....when the time comes she will do her time OD.

The Crunge= karoline Krutch X Prune Juice

Geeze....looks like a DJ Short plant. That is not a bad thing....as her aroma is a complex perfume/floral...a measure of something else as well. It's different than what I've previously found in my Short explorations.

This...I have a strong feeling...will be what most all Crunge look like. Earlier I stated...uniform batch....I stand behind that observation to this point in the journey.

Lots of resin...the purple can be had....Thai like expression in the flowers...but her branching is upright(as I prefer) and solid....no lean downs...no gets in my ways..great structure with ornamental value to support the flowers....which I predict...will have an amazing bag appeal.

The Crunge is....a hole that is taking me to a maze of pathways...here though...I'm digging for my favorite Blueberry traits...then twisting them into something else...with some other things that will blend and bolster. It is important that I keep outcrossing.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting,i am flowering under a 1000w halide and 400w hps right now,have a 32x34 inch scrog set up under the 400w hps with four plants,and a couple of racks of clones under the 1000w halide...it helps its a new bulb and all,but i am noting i am getting earlier and more frost under the halide side...i may be having the vapors too,and also i am more dialed in with the nute regime this round,vegan organics....IMO,it does make a difference...so hard to say really without having the same strain on both sides...

T

THE PABLOS

interesting,i am flowering under a 1000w halide and 400w hps right now,have a 32x34 inch scrog set up under the 400w hps with four plants,and a couple of racks of clones under the 1000w halide...it helps its a new bulb and all,but i am noting i am getting earlier and more frost under the halide side...i may be having the vapors too,and also i am more dialed in with the nute regime this round,vegan organics....IMO,it does make a difference...so hard to say really without having the same strain on both sides...

No.... I do agree that organics make a difference. I just prefer my plain salts indoor and for flavor testing. I like the idea of vegan organics....I see no damage from that sort of organic collecting.

I'm tripping pretty hard on light spectrums. I can't figure a way to add fluros in my flower studio....just too tight and I want to have what space I have....and I just have other things to do...so....if I'm around I'll pull certain plants out and put them in my veg room for 1/2 their light cycle...and outdoors I made a little finishing corral today.

Natural light spectrum.....it seems to kick in on them quickly...energizes the flushing...I think they eat everything they have more so than what they do indoors. You can see their affect change...they become less alien....less inorganic....more a street survivor. Anyway these are my current preoccupations and line of reason...

I'm putting a squat ChemDDIX1 out tonight...she just started flush so I'm going see how putting her out early in flush works. I'm not pampering against anything other than rain or snow....I'm not covering shit for frost (the I-HOP girl got a good dose last night)....just giving them flush water....and admiration.

It's the way of the world....everything must suffer...might as well find the beauty in it.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats always been my dream is to use the sun,just have a super tits greenhouse with enough space for food crops as well,or maybe those light tunnels,the fiber optic dealies...too bad i dont have an od spot i could do that,frost is long over here...

FistedSister

pablos homie i'm in agreement with you once again...theres something in the outdoor environment that enhances mj flavors and i feel its not found in the ground (my outdoor plants get rain and the dirt they're planted in)

the old creeper grown indoor is pine/menthol and plenty potent...

picture.php

picture.php

but grown outdoor is a floral bouqet of lilac hmmmmm

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

T

THE PABLOS

Excellent pictures and plants Fisted. Nothing like OD grows.

...previously in this thread I had taken a Purple Bastard Haze F2 out of indoor flower in her mid 40's. I finished her outdoors...in the same 1.7gal square of coco....and fed her the same inorganic feed as she received indoors.....finished her at a 100something...

Her indoor sisters....at least one of which was a duplicate of her....finished in their 80's (if I recall correctly) and were very tasty...potent...yielded well etc....but...

The outdoor plant was head and shoulders better tasting....a super killer Menthol berry/cherry came out....whereas not no so much menthol indoors (plenty of berry though)...the menthol was the difference. the highs were very close....too close to make a case.

I'd bet it was not a phenotype difference...wasn't the nutrients or medium....I wager it was the OD light spectrum. The outdoor finish time was mostly due to weather...cooler temps slowed her down...I'm pretty sure its about the spectrum and atmosphere.

I still have a nice jar of that OD Bastard.....and it still has that killer Menthol.

I'm going to roll me a fatty of that right now....good stuff

T

THE PABLOS

thats always been my dream is to use the sun,just have a super tits greenhouse with enough space for food crops as well,or maybe those light tunnels,the fiber optic dealies...too bad i dont have an od spot i could do that,frost is long over here...

A greenhouse will be a reality for me one day....I'm getting closer...just want to be able to write it off as a business expense for other outreaches I'm involved in.

You know I battle high elevation frost.....but it doesn't seem to matter in the late flower stages I'm messing with. That Scrog from last summer....well yup...that was a dedicated covering every night.

I get fed up indoors.....it's fun, necessary, and interesting of course....but it's also expensive, not enviro friendly, and not efficient or sound...imo......small ass plants are what they are....small ass shadows of what they want to be.

FistedSister

I still have a nice jar of that OD Bastard.....and it still has that killer Menthol.

I'm going to roll me a fatty of that right now....good stuff

damn homie i wish i had some of that smooth shit left...

picture.php

im ready to give her a go here in 2011...started planning ahead last summer !! forgot the blade, so i gave these a rip...so not actually cuts, they're tears !!

picture.php

plaid puma pimp guerilla

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think its just as much about raw unadulterated photons as anything,i mean whats the suns spectrum? like 5300k something like that? ....yes,im betting there something about the innate bio critters found "in the ground" that just cant be matched in pots or indoors,i know i have to add special stuff to keep my bio goodies cooking along indoors...i guess thats the deal with a good greenhouse,all the power of the sun but with climate control....and locking doors....tho i spose with a greenhose a rock makes an good enough key....

Latest posts

Latest posts