A World On A String

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
5D168540-ACCB-41E6-9E46-C1C2D13D2B1B.jpeg

^ Worked on Sister #26 of the East Island. Solid grower…spreading out lovely

F0FFE991-827C-43DD-AD08-25C32E7921E7.jpeg
5093488F-19A7-4D9C-B1FD-9FA66F1427D8.jpeg

^ Crimping Sister #1 of the Middle Island…giving her some general direction guidance

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
(Joking): Don't pay attention to him! Besides I having asked for it first, he at least has the irrigation ditches coming down from Sierra Nevada.

(Muchisíma salud to you, my cousin Del Monte).
Sadly we are at the very end of an acequia and by this time of year it's dried up. we do have Pozo (bore hole) water but at a cost and even that is hardly flowing.

another month ad it should be cooled down a little, Ordinarily I'm OK with the heat, but this year because of my illness it's been hard and because of my surgery I cant even use our dipping pool at the moment. Last night there were several thunderstorms near by. I could see the lightening but as usual they all passed us by. Our village has it's big fiesta at the end of September and that always brings some rain. A few years ago, they moved the date in an attempt to avoid the rain; the rai still managed to fall during the Fiesta. Be nice if they held it this weekend and we could all get wet

Saludos a ti tambien mi prima adoptiva

Montuno

...como el Son...
Sadly we are at the very end of an acequia and by this time of year it's dried up. we do have Pozo (bore hole) water but at a cost and even that is hardly flowing.

another month ad it should be cooled down a little, Ordinarily I'm OK with the heat, but this year because of my illness it's been hard and because of my surgery I cant even use our dipping pool at the moment. Last night there were several thunderstorms near by. I could see the lightening but as usual they all passed us by. Our village has it's big fiesta at the end of September and that always brings some rain. A few years ago, they moved the date in an attempt to avoid the rain; the rai still managed to fall during the Fiesta. Be nice if they held it this weekend and we could all get wet

Saludos a ti tambien mi prima adoptiva

Yes, last night some clouds with some lightning passed through here too...but they passed by, I was not able to hook them with the mastiff's chain, the army did not pay attention to me and did not deploy the Eurofighters to intercept them...and now they will be arriving to your England...

But take comfort in other people's misfortune (joke): on top of that, here, without a beach...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Another morning with rain. In the last bunch of days…I’ve caught up with the stretch growth…and gotten everything tied in…and level…as good as…it can be.

Next few days…rain in the forecast. I’m contently set up for what it brings

I’ll not do anything in the garden…but monitor…for this time period.

8D089F15-6C2A-430F-8833-E48FF00976A0.jpeg
25E377FD-B9E4-49F8-A208-758F244FA0DB.jpeg

20434980-C497-4E4E-A837-812DF411BE79.jpeg
CCD4A6CC-7745-4AE6-A755-C29FB51C8675.jpeg
46C46723-7BC6-4B29-B63C-5ABB775E7D53.png

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
@Jericho Mile , They look really good mate.
What have you got growing?

Eazy Mox Trilogy S1…from a clone (I called Plentyland)…made the Self beans in 2015. That’s actually documented in this thread…around summer of 2015 I’m guessing.

Eazy Mox Trilogy = Mox Mox X Blended pollens

Blended pollens = Triesel f1, Purple Bastard Haze f2, Casey Jones f2

Mox Mox = Chem DD X TFlux

TFlux = Original Flo X Chem DD

TFlux created in 2008

Eazy Mox Trilogy created 2010-11ish

* speculation is that the father of the Plentyland Clone was the Purple Bastard Haze f2….but no real way of knowing.

So yeah….all these plants are sisters…like my daughters

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
15A75DEB-E62F-4C2B-A85D-61CAE19CAF6D.jpeg

^ Ran around Gomez Peak for a while…7-8 miles…mellow temps…water manipulated trails

* I was running a section of the mountain…uphill…came across a 10-15 person group of teenagers with their instructor or whatever (adult)…resting with day packs etc…off to the side of the trail

…so I had to run by them. As I did they started cheering and shit…and as I was running on…I started wondering…are they cheering because I’m running well…or are those little fuckers mocking me ??!

I was pretty high. Running to a cadence in my head count

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i had the guitar solo from "comfortably numb" looping in my head while i rode today..got a little rained on,had a bit of headwind here and there...rode singlespeed...gonna be around 150 miles of commuting this week,all on one gear....rode both ways yesterday,set personal best times both directions...kinda paid for it today as there was a harvest at work so dealing with that then moving another couple hundred plants forward for the next round to be chopped so probably notched up 5-6 miles walking,then re-spaced a bunch of plants and got them more drip lines...then stripped damaged leaves off 500 or so plants...but tomorrow is casual friday,just management and my right hand man...and there's often a bbq,so a casual day...i'll spray some pest control,strip more leaves,fill in the blank spots in the drip lines...and call it a day and ride home with a stop at the bike shop to bs with the guys ...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
i had the guitar solo from "comfortably numb" looping in my head while i rode today..got a little rained on,had a bit of headwind here and there...rode singlespeed...gonna be around 150 miles of commuting this week,all on one gear....rode both ways yesterday,set personal best times both directions...kinda paid for it today as there was a harvest at work so dealing with that then moving another couple hundred plants forward for the next round to be chopped so probably notched up 5-6 miles walking,then re-spaced a bunch of plants and got them more drip lines...then stripped damaged leaves off 500 or so plants...but tomorrow is casual friday,just management and my right hand man...and there's often a bbq,so a casual day...i'll spray some pest control,strip more leaves,fill in the blank spots in the drip lines...and call it a day and ride home with a stop at the bike shop to bs with the guys ...

That’s wild. Why a single speed? Wind doesn’t bother me much on the trails. If it’s windy I can just drop into a canyon or run on another side of the mountain.

Are you guys getting hit with grasshoppers? They are around my garden…but not eating it. Hearing people in Colorado having infestations.

I don’t need that. Tough to deal with from my research.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
single speed is tough to explain even to other riders...simple answer,strength training...the more wordy and semi-mystical answer...it's the zen of bike riding,it teaches you how to pedal correctly,how to maintain a steady,even pedal stroke,how much pressure to put on the pedals,how to preserve momentum,especially when climbing...the practical answer,easier to maintain,very low failure rate,less rotating mass on the back wheel,better chain life as the chainline is always perfectly straight...

yeah,we get some grasshoppers,but there's also lots of agriculture all around so they have plenty to eat...also an owl lives in the grow so i think it helps keep them in check

Latest posts

Latest posts