What's new

A World On A String

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
0DF23C50-7656-48B2-9B3B-33AB2B9071F4.jpeg

Monsoonal Flow. Timing could not be any better.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
926DED68-2971-4DFC-B591-36A153137C54.jpeg

^ Taking the 78 into AZ. 1/2 way through those mountains is the New Mexico/Arizona State Line. Changes from the Gila (east side) into the Apache (west side) National Forests. From range lands to timber to desert to agriculture (Safford is a farming town) lands in about 35 miles or so.

88CC2C28-5E56-4587-8CA0-D26CF7CB3D04.jpeg

^ Mount Graham in early cloud build up. 10,724’…one of SE Arizona’s Sky Islands. Coronado National Forest. I’ve camped and run on that mountain. Although it gets a lot of human traffic…you can lose it on the trails.

Think I camped there for a week or 10 days..lower down around 6000’ (as a runner…I prefer to camp lower and run higher) and ran a trail there called “ Around the Mountain “ and never saw one other person on the trail. Deep drainages with long climbs out…absolutely beautiful trail running.

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
y'all seem to get a bit more rain than we do...or they just ran less cattle there so less crappy scrubland...
The Black Range on the Gila (east side) gets a lot more rain…but yeah man…we are wet. Everything is green and plush. Animals are fattening up.

Ranches everywhere. There are a lot of feral cattle on the Gila. A year ago they were talking about shooting them from helicopters…but the terrain makes it not possible. I ran into a mean feral bull up around Reserve. Scary stuff.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we have feral ranchers instead...it's pretty much all public lands around town and much of it is monument land,yet they feel free to cut off access for mountain bikers and get super pissed about us using cattle tanks to filter water from...

Montuno

...como el Son...
Funny how the first 2 photos of your previous message with photos of the road look like my area....
I just miss this traffic sign every few kilometers of shoulder, heh:
senal-trafico-europea-vacas-carretera_79295-18386.jpg

...and this one on the horizon:
Toro_Osborne_Perala_N_630_PK_535_Extremadura.jpg

Don't go down to ask them for the right address, not even the youngest; these bastards don't know how to welcome tourism...
54c44f07-14bb-4a16-9b02-fe3e0a0bd283_alta-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

...And if you have problems with wild bulls in the mountains, let me know, I will send you to the Guardia Civil, my friend...

oceangrownkush

Veteran

this is hilarious, I saw that the 200+ page thread was started by a banned/non-existent account guys I didn't mean that the homie was actually dead. Sorry my poor choice of words made anyone think tragedy had struck, don't quote me on nothing I don't know shit

I should have kept reading obviously. The Pablos exited the chrysalis as Jericho Mile

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
E13BBD6E-358B-4B4E-8249-EE823D94316C.jpeg

A285AE87-0F88-45FC-BF27-917C8B996CB1.jpeg
6237A3C0-EC9F-4C70-852C-6C4186981C82.jpeg

^ Sister #1…..she…I speculate…will be the closest representation of Plentyland

Good time for a reminder concerning these genetics…this grow

Eazy Mox Trilogy = Mox Mox (Eazy expression) X Blended pollens (created 2011/2012ish…can’t be exact)

Mox Mox = Chem DD (Deliah mom) X TFlux (created 2010)

TFlux = Original Flo X Chem DD (created 2008)

Original Flo was older Dutch Passion

Chem DD was the 2008 batch Reservoir

Blended Pollens = Triesel (AnnaC), Casey Jones f2 (Head), Purple Bastard Haze f2 (limited release Connoisseur)

The rest of the Eazy Mox Triliogy saga is documented in this thread back in 2015.

But quickly :

Grew out and cloned a run of EMT….found love for Expression #7 who I named Plentyland. Self pollinated her via collecting her intersex flowers and dusting lowers and collecting the seeds. I ended up with a couple/few hundred beans all told.

* I’ve speculated that Plentyland’s father was Purple Bastard Haze f2 but I can not really know. Definitely narrow leaf sativa dominant jungle flimsy vine. Casey Jones also had expressions like that too (all the Thai and Trainwreck)….so keeping things unknown was always the fun of the project

** I kept Plentyland (EMT) and the Queen Mox (Mox Mox f1 mother I kept and bred for a few years) clone as my personal favorite expressions to grow and smoke. Not easy to grow indoors. Not good yielders indoors. Not stable indoors. I did get to see the Queen Mox clone outdoors in 2017…her very last run. I eventually killed Plentyland off…when I tired of growing around the calendar indoors. Never saw her outdoors. One of my hopes in this grow…is…to find her again here…now and in her Self. I believe I will.

This grow are of those beans (created 2015)

Germinated seeds April 1 with almost 100% germ rate

I kept 38 plants… eventually transplanted (from starter peat pots) into 1/2 gal plastic grow bags. Selections and back up selections made (24 plants)….the rest were gifted out or killed off.

* They grew up under sun. Brought in at night where they did catch a little candescent light…which I thought would keep them from going into flower. It did and it didn’t

I had some issues in the ground back in the 3rd week of May. Some expressions triggered into flower early…and I had a learning curve growing in this soil base…concerning drainage rate. I drown a few plants…and ended up replacing them…in lieu of…waiting for them to recover.

Only the West Island did not have issues. No plants were replaced on that Island.

In the Middle Island only #1 is an original planting

In the East Island only #13 is an original planting

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
we have feral ranchers instead...it's pretty much all public lands around town and much of it is monument land,yet they feel free to cut off access for mountain bikers and get super pissed about us using cattle tanks to filter water from...

I’ve taken issue with grazing public lands. Read many books pertaining to the subject…the history of it and predator control measures taken back in the day. We have the Mexican Gray Wolf reintroduced around these parts. Of course…that’s still an issue.

I feel the ranching models are dated and sometimes environmentally destructive…having spent a lot of time around free range cattle throughout the west…big fan of cattle….respect them as a species…and finding them in Wilderness Areas being very commonplace too (in every western state I’ve spent time running in) ….my views contradict in a way

…because I’d rather see ranches and negotiate with ranchers…than see subdivisions and maneuver around surburbanites.

…being a long hair…and running a lot of public range lands…camping on National Forest grazing allotments I’ve had numerous conversations with Ranchers. You can probably imagine. But…I’ve never had arguments or issues. I understand and they understand (but don’t accept) their way of life is threatened and coming to an end. I’ve learned a lot from them too.

My IG…when I look back on it…is full of the cattle I lived around on various forest. Swear to you….some of the best conversationalist

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
this is hilarious, I saw that the 200+ page thread was started by a banned/non-existent account guys I didn't mean that the homie was actually dead. Sorry my poor choice of words made anyone think tragedy had struck, don't quote me on nothing I don't know shit

I should have kept reading obviously. The Pablos exited the chrysalis as Jericho Mile

I enjoyed being dead. Thought it was funny. I see where it came from. I Am the Walrus

I was banned for many years. Arguing with the Buddhist Mafia. Lifetime ban for some reason. A little while ago..met a person that allowed this account to reopen.

I documented my grows after leaving this site on a private forum…and on Instagram. My last grow was outdoors in 2018 while I still lived in Southern California.

From July 2019-March 2021 I was camping out of my truck…traveling to various towns and mountain ranges in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, and Colorado on a running Odyssey…as well as…finding the wife and I…a cool place to continue our lifestyle.

* Been coming to Silver City, NM since my Forest Service days. Knew about the Gila because I fought a lot of fire on it. Most the mountain ranges I visited during my travels…I’d fought fire on.

** my 2nd round with being in a State that started recognizing recreational herb. Pretty cool

Anyways…..the nutshell

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Funny how the first 2 photos of your previous message with photos of the road look like my area....
I just miss this traffic sign every few kilometers of shoulder, heh:
View attachment 18737987
...and this one on the horizon:
View attachment 18737993
Don't go down to ask them for the right address, not even the youngest; these bastards don't know how to welcome tourism...
View attachment 18737988
...And if you have problems with wild bulls in the mountains, let me know, I will send you to the Guardia Civil, my friend...

Man…I love cattle. I really do. The most nervous any animal in the forest has made me….is a feral bull. I thought I might be done in. I thought I was going to be trampled on a trail where nobody would have found me for weeks or months or ever. That bull was mean and aggressive.

They are amazing animals. No problem adapting to the wild quickly. Very fast and very agile. Maybe not smart but crafty…and they plan things out. They are like tanks in the brush and undergrowth.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
77BB5631-EED0-464F-AE71-D21B0AC75AD8.jpeg
6C89D23C-C3CC-4A8F-B322-D24B5816DBA2.jpeg
10DD920F-1084-4008-BE27-D20FC9694B8F.jpeg
D13B49B0-A0D9-4174-9BB6-0B5A2595336D.jpeg

Sending the fucked up pair of Altra Olympus 5 back to the company for the refund. I don’t want another pair. Sending me a new pair will just result in the same thing happening. Manufacturing flaw customer service rep told me. Agree. On overly priced shoes too.

I switched over to Hoka for a clearance sale Speedgoat 4. Took them out straight away…broke them in. Likey.

It’s good to rotate shoes…except for this new pair…all the other shoes are beat to shit with high mileage..little tread on worn flattened foams the insides destroyed. Dead shoes.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
76E76317-8E28-4648-8D50-16E693CCE6E2.jpeg
3618696C-CF5B-4E61-81D3-9F319E0C41A0.jpeg

^ A lot of my body is covered in the scars of bug bites. Being…kind of…a minimalist when it comes to trail wear….and being exposed daily to…the desert mountain type elements…I get bit, stung, and pinched in the every day.

I’ve had several bug bite induced infections where I had to grate, cut, needle, and dig the infection out. Those leave permanent divots under the skin.

I’m not of the nature that when getting a localized infection I immediately start antibiotics. I really don’t think that’s a good idea. I avoid those.

Anyways…I’ve doctored myself through all kinds of situations.. since I….started this journey. It’s imperative to run through injuries…and not compensate for injury. Compensating is the pathway to further injury. Being out of balance is to be avoided …in about any game.

B6946BFB-F34C-4F84-9269-4BE3359055CC.jpeg
F2841F9B-F04E-4A6C-9780-6495850DEB92.jpeg

^ Had a wiring session on the East Island…this morning. Things are moving fast now…adjustments…are a necessary part…of staying current with the growth.

Taking the plane up to flowering elevation

Latest posts

Latest posts