What's new

A World On A String

Nice. That's a minimalist approach.

It's semi organic. Running shoes make us hybrids. I accept then..that I'm a hybrid..taking full advantage of human ingenuity and technology. There's no way I could go bouncing off rocks as aggressively without this shoe cheat. I think more about skateboarding and Baja/SCORE racing when I'm running...kind of how I picture my style...carving...bouncing..staying off straight lines..sliding and balancing...terrain driven.

I'd love to make my own shoes. That's something I could get heavily into....

You know us north peeps have more neandertaler genetics in us so we cant handle new things :laughing:

i do use my shoes for trails but we dont have so many sharp rocks in dk or else i did not found them yet...scary stuff with the pimky :S ..I have some catch up before i can run you down champ-- i might step it up a notch ..it will be intens thx again for the inspiration

i am what i am and thats all that i am...im popeye the sailor man...
heading out for some gnar shreddery today,just a little spin around the trails,going to do a little exploring since my skill set is improving,got into some gnarly little rock gardens last time,had to walk a short 10 foot section,had a few "oh shit" moments...if theres anything i have learned about riding a mountain bike its this....the less vagina you use,the better off you are...

Lesser vagina would make me loose my focus and then shit happens,,speciel when its down hill...more vagina plz

So true on the vagina thing. To get serious...I preach: you must be able to handle the heat of the day runs and you must hit it like you mean it..to progress. If you are not falling...you are not going hard enough. Pain is every day. No sympathy No mercy No quarter..face your own music

d

one good thing about music when it hits you you feel no pain:peacock:

chappie

Veteran
After decades of thinking it is not for me... I finally have the running bug. This thread is part of it. Do you guys ever use a backpack or anything like that? The weather changes so quick here, and I get tired of tying my longsleeve wool shirt around my waist.

It's almost gotten to the point where my outings are the only time I smoke herb. No longer "need" it to go to bed, and the trail time is the deepest meditation I think I have ever achieved on a consistent basis.

If your out on a ultra run then its a great idea with a backpag but else i dont see the point to drag one with you. If you getting cold then speed up champ :)
I agree its great meditation 4 shure , Big ups 4 running champ its awesome :)

I did a Trail Maraton today damn hot weather but i finished ..Not better then first time cuz of the heat i think..my face what white cuz of salts and my eyes was damn red . i did it on 5 hours and 4 min ..but i did it

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
After decades of thinking it is not for me... I finally have the running bug. This thread is part of it. Do you guys ever use a backpack or anything like that? The weather changes so quick here, and I get tired of tying my longsleeve wool shirt around my waist.

It's almost gotten to the point where my outings are the only time I smoke herb. No longer "need" it to go to bed, and the trail time is the deepest meditation I think I have ever achieved on a consistent basis.

We all live in our micro climates. Being as comfortable as possible in them...is a good goal. I modify and cut my clothes apart to suit my needs. I have a problem with wearing packs and water belts..as they play havoc on my comfort..feel less free

This summer..in my mountain high desert climate..still in the same cut off board shorts (been running in these shorts since last summer) with speedo-short compressions underneath...wearing white compression/UV sleeves on my arms...no shirt..socks and shoes...sometimes a bandanna tied as a headband

carrying one hand held 20oz amphipod of water mixed with coconut powder. In the heat of the summer day...I'm good for 3hrs...the window I give myself. Most runners I see are carrying much more water than that...totally understandable...running out of water is dangerous.

In summer I don't have to worry about clothing much...and in winter I just add long sleeve shirts and calf compression sleeves...beanie and gloves

Fuck Yes dude....running can elevate you into levitation. When I can get tranced out..fall into the silence..I feel myself levitating over the terrain. I experiment with using the sounds of my foot strikes to drawl me into the slipstream...and at the same time attempt to lessen the sounds of my foot strikes...seeking breathing silence and the glide

breathing is job one. all starts are made by breathing. key to it all

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Modifications and Repairs

Modifications and Repairs

Been running the last 4 days in the Altra Lone Peak 2.0...rounds into 7 hrs and 15 minutes of trail time

Besides the zero drop thing...there is little similarity between the Lone Peak 1.5 and the Lone Peak 2.0. Totally different shoes...totally different feel. The 2.0 having 2 millimeters more stack height (cushion) are a way more plush shoe. The tread is a lot more aggressive..as well. Real sticky tread. At this point I'm in love with them...though not totally confident in that stack height difference yet. The flex is different...so it's a feel thing...getting used to it.

^ minor repair needed. caught the toe on a rock (on day 1) and separated it a bit. Glued it back....no issue...normal stuff

^ Made a modification...as I'm foreseeing where the rips and wear will take place. Using a little urethane...patched before patches are needed. The urethane also gives me that extra hold...lessens the play of the material and deflects rocks better. I love my urethane...not the first or last time I'll use it. A tube in the freezer at all times

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Shy-La and cucumber plants

Shy-La and cucumber plants

the little hot house is still cooking. last week harvested out all the broccoli...the week before that..harvested out all the basil. Broccoli has already been consumed...the basil has been made into pesto

^ Now what I have going in there: the Boston Pickling Cumbers and a variety of determinate tomato plants and a couple of indeterminate tomato plants...and another crop of basil (for further batches of pesto. pesto requires much basil) popping to replace the broccoli

the logic here: these determinate tomatoes get no taller than 1 foot (fruiting now)..so not blocking any of the cucumber's light. the determinate tomatoes will also harvest at the same time....just about the time the cucumbers will be playing out (harvesting fruit every day presently...jars of pickles) and about the time the indeterminate tomato plants will be getting big on their stakes and hopefully spitting fruit for the next 2 months..........everything from seed...the game of light footprints..the game of cultivator control

* In a battle with ants. Where there are ants...so will there be...aphids. It's important keep the ants in check.

* Indoor gardening has influenced my hot house gardening...for sure. Spacing...Timing...RH...Temps....same shit..but different

Shy-La Shy-La

^ Had to give her a stable name. Shy-La reminds me of Deliah. I showed you dudes a picture previously...just a little seedling...but she is from the only seed I've found in the latest Queen Mox rounds. As I said...I'll sprout any I find.

Last edited:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know someone named shyla, I've been giving all my test crosses simple lady names recently also.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I know someone named shyla, I've been giving all my test crosses simple lady names recently also.

I saw and read your new thread....believe it was yesterday. I will subscribe. I like how you are holding back on your find...smarter that way sometimes. The world is in such a rush....

I don't know any Shyla(s)...but I looked at the plant and decided it was time for a name...."Shy-La" was what came to me in that moment. A little space capsule.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
right on, good to now friends are following along...

deliah was your chem DD right?

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
right on, good to now friends are following along...

deliah was your chem DD right?

Yup. Deliah = F1 Chem DD from the '07/'08 batch

The mother of the Queen Mox Clone....

so what would that be to Shy-La...her grandmother? Deliah is Shy-La's grandmother? anyways...pretty sure Shy-La is a self...but in reality..since there were Hell Queen clones in there (they not so stable either)...maybe Shy-La = Queen Mox X Hell Queen...transexual kind of deal

so stoned on Queen Moxie now...thought to mention that..but my gut feeling says: Shy-La is a Queen Mox self

* I've not found any seeds on the Hell Queens...more reason for me to believe they didn't spread viable pollens.

** I believe (have seen) that though the Queen Mox shows intersex..almost any pollen is sterile. I've found the Shy-La seed...but seen plenty of nanners..pushes me in the mostly-sterile scenario..making any self bean...collectable to me

I've got plans man...(but not really)

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
even if it's a selfie deliah would technically still be the grandmother as S1 are = F2 so a queen mox S1 is still two generations removed from the Chem DD.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
even if it's a selfie deliah would technically still be the grandmother as S1 are = F2 so a queen mox S1 is still two generations removed from the Chem DD.

that's how it is. Deliah mother to Queen Mox grandmother to Shy-La

I like how S1 = F2

I've yet to deliberately self a plant. I'm behind the curve on that one. Seems like it would be a cool way into the F2..maybe not even an unconventional way.

Jericho champ sorry 4 my shitty english but its a GrusGrav we running in.. i dont know if thats the word you guys use but google translate tells me the name is the same ? Its a place where they digg for gravel .....We dont have Hills in my part of Denmark so this is the ony way i can get some hights :) The good thing with such grus grav is that there is water you can swim in after a good run but be carefull its cold water and it can kill one so dont dive :) The maker of this run use it for training before switzerland ultra maraton in the mountains and trans canaria