What's new

A World On A String

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Walls of Mox Mox

Walls of Mox Mox

Flushing the last 3 Mox Mox sisters....will end this run

These 2 are in their mid 60's...getting close...fighting the fade out..but have been flushing since day 53

This one..this hefty wench..started flush on day 48...and she's probably..say...mid 50's now..still powering out her flowers...she's a faster expression...nice one

Same thing...all the Mox Mox expressions rock out...nothing slouchy in this run. Any one of the plants I had in this run...can fill my head any time...love the stuff. Power stone...motivating stone...clear stone.....has it all...flavor primo

This fall...I'll be building Hell Mox...so...all fall and all winter..will be nothing but....Hell Hound IX1 and Mox Mox IX1...banging on...banging forth...and after that??? Hell Mox...I can be very happy in there...just leave me there...I'll come out the other side...one day....with flowers in hand

I mentioned the tight...small flowers on one of the Dcong F4 sisters...the ones that smell of pine...anyway

^ Pictures suck...but should give you dudes...an idea..of...what I'm describing. Big ass frame..but not much meat...day 41

* I'll get better pictures...after harvest

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Day17...closing out the binge

Day17...closing out the binge

Picking the girl up at the airport tomorrow...so ends the running binge

The last 2 runs...yesterday and today...were mellow fun runs..6 and 7 miles...going easy..deliberately extending movements..so as to..stretch out overly worked tendon/muscle. Up and down hills...on and off trail...some pavement thrown in..as well. Nice to be done.

* from my calculations....ran 132 miles (actually more..I rounded down several 1/2 runs...so 8.5 calculated as 8.0...always do it that way...probably cost me 5 miles at least..but that's how it izzzz)

I had expected to run more..around 160..but didn't expect the string of triple digit days. I went conservative because of the heat...and having never have run...that many days consecutive...didn't want to get stupid..and fuck up

** The heat wave in the 2nd week really hurt my uploading of calories...as basically...I didn't feel much like eating after flushing in the heat. All I wanted to do was...take in fluids. Stayed hydrated..but for sure..needed more calories. Belly empty but still didn't want to eat

Had I been more on it...I would have been juicing the whole way. Instead I relied on just my running foods...thinking they would be sufficient...only to grow weary of those foods...and the struggle to keep eating them in enough quantities to...stay fueled and energized.

*** overall...I feel good. Everything is more tired than sore...my feet feel splayed out..shoulders want to hang...legs don't snap up..or want to lift themselves...lungs feel expanded and breathing often comes with sighs...sleepy..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hell,i know people who dont drive that far in two + weeks...
my goal for this year,10,000 miles on the bikes,should be easy since i did about 6500 last year...gonna start riding out to all the little towns strung up and down the valley,plenty of great little spots in the 20-40 mile range,even if all i do with the trailer is learn to haul the thing im willing to put in the pedal time to go out and do some rockhounding which i have always loved and of course theres stuff all over the place around here...even better,theres a few spots conveniently near really good mexican restaurants...indeed theres an excellent steak joint about 30 miles from here....i rarely eat beef,but that might be a good exception....nothing like a 60 mile round trip to work up an appetite...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
hell,i know people who dont drive that far in two + weeks...
my goal for this year,10,000 miles on the bikes,should be easy since i did about 6500 last year...gonna start riding out to all the little towns strung up and down the valley,plenty of great little spots in the 20-40 mile range,even if all i do with the trailer is learn to haul the thing im willing to put in the pedal time to go out and do some rockhounding which i have always loved and of course theres stuff all over the place around here...even better,theres a few spots conveniently near really good mexican restaurants...indeed theres an excellent steak joint about 30 miles from here....i rarely eat beef,but that might be a good exception....nothing like a 60 mile round trip to work up an appetite...

I had the jones for eating steak....during this last week. Hell....I just wanted to sit down and plow down calories...besides pinto bean burritos, chia seeds, buckwheat, flax etc....my diet was wearing me out...the same thing every day. Spent $60 on just organic maple syrup...another $30 on Chia seeds...another $20 on coconut water..

My neighbors were grilling meat...the other evening...and I wanted to go over there...and slap them. It was killing me man. Steak and potatoes...butter and salt...slicing through that fat laden meat...dripping with fat...maaaaannnnn....that's when i know I'm hungry

* during the binge I ate out 3X : twice I had fish burritos and one morning I drove to a diner and ate a spanish omelette with no cheese...toast with no butter...coffee with no cream or sugar...and hash browns with no salt or ketchup..just so I felt like I was on vacation. Read the paper...acted like I gave a shit.

** I also broke down...because I needed calories and didn't want to eat...and opened up a tub of ice cream (the stuff I keep in the freezer to tempt me)....christ....it tasted so sweet...my body rejected it. Dairy and sugar....doesn't get any worse than that...but they do provide calories on the quick...semi liquid...goes down in the heat

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont worry too much about the indulgences,its not like i dont burn a ton of calories during an average day,and im pretty sure a 60 mile round trip for a steak i have a fair chance of burning off the calories and also needing the protein to heal up afterward....need to get those road miles in so im in shape for longer multi day rides and have my systems dialed in and figure out what i actually need to have with me....shit,i thought getting the rig was expensive,but the accessories are going to be a pretty penny too...i have a good tent,maybe a bit heavy in context but theres no reason for me not to be comfortable,but a lightweight single man tent is on the list,and a lightweight summer sleeping bag plus a new fall/southwest winter bag,gonna need a new stove and water filter set up,plus i will need to figure out what to carry water in.thats going to be a biggie,dont want to get out in the desert and discover all your water leaked out....lol,like a kid with a new bike!

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
On Deck Plants

On Deck Plants

3 Satechism IX1 and a Strange Days (bottom left)

^ They will be transplanted this week...into 5 gal smarties...then vegged another couple weeks..probably topped again during that time..then put to flower..hopefully making some big bushes

Satechism IX1 = Casey Jones X Blue Satellite 2.2

Strange Days = Blue Moonshine X Blue Satellite 2.2

What to hope for?

Everything and nothing....but these are good crosses..I like my odds of pulling something out...that will vaporize the top of my skull...off

Overly sweet composted fruitiness..on top of rotten rich baby poo...or throw in some grapefruit...all works for me

deep congo

deep congo

interesting results jericho, as the creator of the deep congo, Ive been wondering about lean's f4 of my strain he dubbed dcong. I think the one you have there that is heavy on structure and thin on buds is a decent candidate. One always worries about bottlenecking after several generations. My direction with my deep congo was to backcross. This summers project involves a gangbang of many males back to the backcross.
best of luck !
richard williams.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
interesting results jericho, as the creator of the deep congo, Ive been wondering about lean's f4 of my strain he dubbed dcong. I think the one you have there that is heavy on structure and thin on buds is a decent candidate. One always worries about bottlenecking after several generations. My direction with my deep congo was to backcross. This summers project involves a gangbang of many males back to the backcross.
best of luck !
richard williams.

Yeah Rich...you have one of the craziest creations ever imo. I've been following Deep Congo a while now (years)...good to see you still around.

LG's F4s do what they do...no complaints from me...they came to me..divided beans...the greens (more Congo leaning parents..as I think of it) and the purples (more Deep Chunk leaning parents..as I think of it)....I germinated them separate...but planted them blind.

Had issues in veg...nutrient problems I guess...but still not sure...as my other lines (adult plants)...were having no issues. It was kind of a dark time in my gardens...last spring...voodoo shit...seedlings (of all kinds) falling over dead...in waves...

So...there are now only 2 Dcong females...the tight budded girl..I showed....and the equally big framed girl...who I have not shown yet. The one I haven't shown...is younger in flower...but already showing bigger clusters of flowers...frame wise (structure and leaves) looks the same as the tight budded girl. For sure...see DC influences..but I'm hoping the Congo comes through in the flowers....and the high. Either way...she's a fine ass girl...with a funky aroma..and should yield well

Much respect to you...dude...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Stump

Stump

This is the stump from the culled Congo leaner...it was still getting bigger...probably going to grow bark..in a 5 gal smartie

I considered trying to transplant her OD...but she was already too big..for my low profile spot. A damn aggressive plant expression...one I wish...I was able to work with...for vigor alone.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in your honor im naming my bypass pruners "pablo"....after smoking some well cured buds of one strain i indroduced the 2 plants to pablo....they didnt like him....im going to all big plants now so 2 more met the headsmans axe,got a healthy one,its all i need...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
in your honor im naming my bypass pruners "pablo"....after smoking some well cured buds of one strain i indroduced the 2 plants to pablo....they didnt like him....im going to all big plants now so 2 more met the headsmans axe,got a healthy one,its all i need...

Cold Brutality leads to Bliss

Madjag

Veteran
picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im digging on tree farming...which is good since i will soon be getting a card and they only allow 12/4 veg/flower....i will likely fudge that a bit here and there since i still like to pop seeds and certainly very few plants are going to get a jumbo size pot before its proven itself....so maybe i will park the 100 gallon smart pot in there and just use that as a test bed so to speak...."no sir mythical plant count check person who the state has no budget for,thats just one plant with multiple stems""

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
im digging on tree farming...which is good since i will soon be getting a card and they only allow 12/4 veg/flower....i will likely fudge that a bit here and there since i still like to pop seeds and certainly very few plants are going to get a jumbo size pot before its proven itself....so maybe i will park the 100 gallon smart pot in there and just use that as a test bed so to speak...."no sir mythical plant count check person who the state has no budget for,thats just one plant with multiple stems""

I think growing big bushes is the way to go..for me. Nothing as big..as what..you have in mind though. I'm over cramming small plants into tight spaces. It had its purpose...making so many crosses in a short amount of time..couldn't have been done...without cramming #s...but now...I'm concentrating on...way less plants. I'm almost to...getting my progressions...fine tuned...that stage.

Can't complain...growing some wicked shit. I would like to grow monster trees in my backyard...not for profit...just for the sake of doing it...but...I don't want neighborhood attention. My veggie gardens already bring in enough lookers...been giving away spare pepper plants this last week

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I agree whole Heartedly Unc. and Jericho! Growing giant bushes is the way to go. Its pure genious! Longer veg, is more mature plant and lots of bud. It also means a better resin.

DP

Morcheeba*

Veteran
id love to grow some large sativas under the fla sun if medical happens in '14 but until then i top out at 5' max in my tent and my JH x CG pushes that every time and i flip ~2'.

nice yield on her too but it would do much better under the sun.

peace

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I agree whole Heartedly Unc. and Jericho! Growing giant bushes is the way to go. Its pure genious! Longer veg, is more mature plant and lots of bud. It also means a better resin.

DP

I also believe that many growers...hurry through the veg process...on their way to turning over a crop (understandable with costs and all). Guess it depends on your elements of situation but...

if running from seed...I think it...most important to get to know your expressions...before the flower phase...as with me..they usually will see but...one run only. I get off on the veg phase...having said in the past...that..flowering is aftermath...the visions come in veg...reading the cards

I've fucked up...so many times..as documented in this thread...but overall..I'm still confident..in my ability to read the crosses...I've mashed. Subject to change...as I go through phases..where I know...I don't know...what I'm doing...and that the only reason I stay afloat....is by the graces.

* Just transplanted 2 Satechism IX1 into 5 gal smarties....couple weeks in those..ready to go. The Casey influences...I'm expecting to rack up some stretch..and some girth...the 2.2 to keep it all centered and thick

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
id love to grow some large sativas under the fla sun if medical happens in '14 but until then i top out at 5' max in my tent and my JH x CG pushes that every time and i flip ~2'.

nice yield on her too but it would do much better under the sun.

peace

I can only imagine what that culled Dcong F4 would have done...under the sun here. But hey..laws and shit...so much goes on down by the border...I don't really like asking for it. Not worth it...to me. I'd not know what to do with all the harvest..nor want to deal with the processing...I'm a lazy sort

* waiting for this sun to sink...so I can do some transplanting on my deck

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im trying to find a pot size that will let me get away for at least overnight camping trips,the 20 gallon pots might do it,shorter veg time too,only like 80-90 days to size up a plant that big!...may end up being 45 gallon to get the yields i want to see...be nice to have a row of 4 two pounders each cycle if i decide to veg in place in the flower room for a month or so...be nice to shut down in sept/oct during the shoulder season when its still warm out but not too cold at night for some longer trips around the state,im champing at the bit to get out and do some touring now...