What's new

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

wait,did you say clone? lol

I know it....blasphemy. I have 2 clones at the moment...both female...Prune Juice and Summertime Rolls. That PJ...after cure...turned pretty grapey....the kind of grapey...that if cultivated organically...probably would coat your mouth in grapes. I like her...she will do me one last solid....and blend with Hummingbird. Prune Juice's F2s should be sporting too. Those Grape Krush dads were pretty nice.

The Summer clone...not sure yet...I have time...plus I want to see what seed plant looks like...she could turn out to be....junk.

I understand the use of clones...but think peeps have grown dependent on them....stagnant...drones...lulling themselves in the security of....dependable.

Clones in large breeding projects...where all prodigy are tested etc...and everything recorded....to stabilize or whatever the goal....I understand all that....but I'm not there...I'm here...in the small garden underground....I've grown enough veggies to know....in big goal minded breeding projects...you need vast #s...vast time...vast space....man... seeds get chucked by the thousands.....

Very few breeders in this world..have been there...in cannabis breeding on that scale. This...the underground...is a different arena....you can not compare what we do...to something like that.

That's why I say...fuck it...I work with what I have....I'll cheat with a clone here and there...just because....I'll want to progress them in different directions. I hate the act of...cloning though. It is unappealing to me.

T

THE PABLOS

Rain Delay....

Rain Delay....

...A storm off the coast of Mex....has brought in humidity and thunderstorms....after no rain since June..lol...I had rain this morning...now waiting for the scrog to dry off....then resume harvest. The rain was light....might have done me a favor by rinsing the plant off. Crazy weather change....hard to read.

I started the harvest....from the side of the scrog that gets more shade....taking out strips mostly....working my way to the more primo flowers...as they had more sun. Be a few days...I reckon...processing as I go.

Note... where I started the harvest...you can see...cut wraps...and empty screen...

These will be the last to go....the sunny buds

Various flowers...they are actually more ripe than they look...real sticky...like that oily kind of sticky...buttery...

I have a long ways to go....

T

THE PABLOS

Purple Bastard Haze F2s.....

Purple Bastard Haze F2s.....

....I couple shots of an indoor haze leaner....73 daze ....flushing her out...I have another one that is a similar phenotype...but faster and better...she was pollinated with Strawberry Hill...I'll show her at harvest. I don't care for this one that I'm showing...just don't...but the smoke should be nice.

And here is the sister...another Haze leaner...that was such a pita....that I moved her outdoors in her mid 40s. She too...is at 73...I do nothing for her...no cover from the frost....just PHed flush water and whatever rain she got. I'm making butter with this...stringy girl. Poor structure....she wasn't worth the effort indoors. She'll make good butter for my toast however.

Ok...another T cell over the hill...I've gotta run

V

vod

you need vast #s...vast time...vast space....man... seeds get chucked by the thousands.....

creating the right stuff is not an overnite project, it takes years of hard work and many growers to work together for a great end outcome.

Everyone breeding his best each year, sharing his best, getting whatever worked well for friends and neighbors... For thousands of years and now in the underground, but with the aid of the internet and other modern technology, like HID lighting and the post service for example :biglaugh:
It can be done. We are legion :smoke:

Harvest day today for me. Wish me luck.
The sun is shinning, but the pattern is: day of allday drizzle, day of sun. On the dry nights you feel in the air that the winter is coming. Shitloads of fog after the rainy dayz...

BHPT f2 and the reminder of MMGGxBHPT are done. One of the f2's gone purple and has a beautiful sweet smell. The BHxBHPT need a little longer. A week or two, apart from the few late phenos. Some spears and some clubs. I like the spears more. The flowers started fairly early but keep going and should be nice and compact. Very sparkly already. Not disappointing my expectations. Not such lovely smells like the BHPT f2's, but I know the product will smell good, just more badass smell than the jammy stuff. Is it hazy? I guess I never got the idea what hazy smell is supposed to mean...

...my stash is stale anyway. Need the fresh herb.

It was good fortune to have used the BHPT for the sts. Improved the MMGG a lot in my eyes (smell, resin). Got my earliest as well as my first proper donkey dick buds from that cross. Dense buds and 50-100-150g on a 1m plant. I dig the MMGG structure. Squat indoorlike structure. And the fact that most of them make flowers with so little leaf truly warms my heart. Would like to select from that pool some more. Get rid of the undesirables from the population and see if like makes like :smoke:

Edit:I love the BH high. Smoking the cream of the crop right now. One year old and last crumbs of it. Actually the one BHxGG that kept the high, coz the BH hanged 7 days out / full moon harvested :)biglaugh:) developed a vicious edge with time. Overdosed the last time I smoked it. So I stick with the other one. It kept better.

Gotta go and enjoy the sun. Little bicycle ridding and walking in the forest :)

T

THE PABLOS

Everyone breeding his best each year, sharing his best, getting whatever worked well for friends and neighbors... For thousands of years and now in the underground, but with the aid of the internet and other modern technology, like HID lighting and the post service for example :biglaugh:
It can be done. We are legion :smoke:

Harvest day today for me. Wish me luck.
The sun is shinning, but the pattern is: day of allday drizzle, day of sun. On the dry nights you feel in the air that the winter is coming. Shitloads of fog after the rainy dayz...

BHPT f2 and the reminder of MMGGxBHPT are done. One of the f2's gone purple and has a beautiful sweet smell. The BHxBHPT need a little longer. A week or two, apart from the few late phenos. Some spears and some clubs. I like the spears more. The flowers started fairly early but keep going and should be nice and compact. Very sparkly already. Not disappointing my expectations. Not such lovely smells like the BHPT f2's, but I know the product will smell good, just more badass smell than the jammy stuff. Is it hazy? I guess I never got the idea what hazy smell is supposed to mean...

...my stash is stale anyway. Need the fresh herb.

It was good fortune to have used the BHPT for the sts. Improved the MMGG a lot in my eyes (smell, resin). Got my earliest as well as my first proper donkey dick buds from that cross. Dense buds and 50-100-150g on a 1m plant. I dig the MMGG structure. Squat indoorlike structure. And the fact that most of them make flowers with so little leaf truly warms my heart. Would like to select from that pool some more. Get rid of the undesirables from the population and see if like makes like :smoke:

Edit:I love the BH high. Smoking the cream of the crop right now. One year old and last crumbs of it. Actually the one BHxGG that kept the high, coz the BH hanged 7 days out / full moon harvested :)biglaugh:) developed a vicious edge with time. Overdosed the last time I smoked it. So I stick with the other one. It kept better.

Gotta go and enjoy the sun. Little bicycle ridding and walking in the forest :)

Yup vod...I whole heartedly agree....Legion....the internet has opened the door even wider. It is.. kind of... just like...one huge breeding project from one perspective. I'm impressed by peeps..who will take it upon themselves....with good intentions...to do their thing. Everybody should throw down a lick...if they feel it.

Blessings for your harvest. How exciting....at least for me....this was my 1st OD in 5yrs....

The T storms that came through yesterday....I had to hustle....forced to rush...scramble....few different factors came into play. The fish is not caught....until you are eating it off your plate.

I'm working in binges...harvesting....processing...harvesting....it is sticky here.

The storms should be moving off....I'm going for a big push to get it all in and done....shooting for the end of the day....I don't want to have to do it over the weekend....when more peeps are about their properties.

"are you an assassin?"

"i'm a soldier."

"....you are neither. you are an errand boy....sent by grocery clerks....to collect the bill"

...as the thunder crashes....bolts of lightening keep blipping power....half out of mind on I-HOP Satellite smoke....skies dark enough to shade everything into shadow....scissors goo(ed) up with resin....piles of flowers spread to dry...incense and herb smoke clouding vision....Kurtz got off the boat....pretty trippy harvest.

T

THE PABLOS

Scrog Tops...saved out of a cloud burst...

Scrog Tops...saved out of a cloud burst...

...Like a weed sense....manicuring and note a drop in the atmosphere...the sky went black....cool moist winds from every direction...I did not pause but for an I-HOP ripper lol....then was out the door.

I slid into the pit.....and took out several bags of tops....all the primo flowers were removed. I finished filling the last bag under slamming sky and heavy drops had started. Now...the harvest safe...I watch as flash flood conditions prevail. When you don't get any rain for months....then a heavy dump....it's pretty wild.

I'll leave the rest of the scrog going for a while...give the lowers some time in good sun....probably score a nice round off that.

Here's a picture of saved babes....

T

THE PABLOS

More Bastard...

More Bastard...

I harvested this one at 77daze flower....Haze leaner....partially pollinated with Strawberry Hill. Flushed 3wks....pretty beat up after major training and White Fly attacks...light skimming at close range...etc... The seeded flower was totally torched....beans look good though. Smells great...sticky....can't see why she won't be an excellent smoke.

The other two sisters....that I showed a few post ago....are still going strong. The semi organic OD sister...is reviving with the weird weather....so I'm keeping her going...started feeding her bloom again....after 2wks of no feed...just want to watch what happens...how long I can keep her going with minimal care. Dedicated to making butter....I have room to experiment with her.

Here's an observation....the harvested Strawberry Hill and OH X SK#1 (flowers from the one I harvested a couple months ago) are similar in aroma....the SH having a more berry aroma over the top...but you can notice how very similar they are. Now....I'm still flushing the other SH....and that one has turned into a lunker...a beast....at this time....she has a more funky aroma....doesn't look anything like her harvested sister...nor am I getting that Haze undertone at this stage. She's pretty impressive...and different. I like the Strawberry Hills.

The Purple Bastard Haze F2s....Haze leaners.....share the same aroma to Afghan Haze....but with a cherry/berry aroma over the top. The Afghan Hazes also seemed similar in aroma to SSH....so...I kind of lump that branch of Hazes in the same group. I'm pretty sure the Haze used in the Bastards came from Soma...and I then suppose Soma got his Haze from Nev/Shanti's work....but I haven't researched that....strictly my observations from growing out those plants...and my own speculation. It is not important.

I am beat...the fuck...up.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Purple Bastard Haze F2s....Haze leaners.....share the same aroma to Afghan Haze....but with a cherry/berry aroma over the top. The Afghan Hazes also seemed similar in aroma to SSH....so...I kind of lump that branch of Hazes in the same group. I'm pretty sure the Haze used in the Bastards came from Soma...and I then suppose Soma got his Haze from Nev/Shanti's work....but I haven't researched that....strictly my observations from growing out those plants...and my own speculation. It is not important.

I am beat...the fuck...up.
Hey Pablos, how's it? I was lurking along when I spotted the above quote. Nevil has been hanging out at MNS so I've been reading over there a bit. They say over there that Somas male that he hit everything with is their stock, perhaps that is why you see the similarities. Excellent observation my friend.
If you don't mind me asking, about how many plants do you have running at one time?

T

THE PABLOS

Hey Lean...I'll have to go over there and see what Nev has been posting....I didn't think he came on very often. For sure...if you have grown out some of their Haze lines (Nev/Shanti)....you will start getting to know them quickly. They are very consistent in aroma and structure imo.

In the same light....if you grow out Sam's lines....you will notice differences from the Nev/Shanti's lines. I'm pretty positive that the Haze line T. Hill uses comes from Sam's direction. I can't comment on Old Timer's Haze or some of the others....as I have not grown them....but know CBF used a Hill Haze in Strawberry Hill....and I can observe this...as would you...knowing that you have worked with Thunks.

As far as #s go....my veg room gets crammed with more than I'll ever flower....so most my #s are there....as I kill many to flower few. My flower chamber....has only 3 600s on movers....I never have more than 30 plants in flower. By any breeding standards....my selections are extremely limited....that is why I concentrate a lot of effort and time in the Veg room....killing so many....and not always for a reason. It is an attempt (however poor it may be) at playing Mother Nature....it cost me a lot of time,plants, and aggravation....but such is life.

All my pollinations from the previous few wks....have been successful....now I am working with Odessa and Sweet Milk males...so another set of waves are rolling in... on the horizon. After that I will....set up for Satechism and Hummingbird pollinations...then I think I'll take a break off pollinations....and just grow girls. More than you ever wanted to know.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Bastards look good, Pablos. The recent one you showed that was pollinated with Strawberry Hill sounds like it could produce some interesting kids. Do you make any particular observations of males used in crosses or use what you get, within reason? The little bit of reading I've been getting into lately seems to support the idea of using 1, or two, male(s) for hybrid crosses but multiple for inline work. Makes sense on paper but in real time things are always subject to change. I'm interested to see how other growers interpret and apply that.

The SHill's seem to be doing right by you. Did ya dust the beast you still got going or is she a one off?

T

THE PABLOS

Bastards look good, Pablos. The recent one you showed that was pollinated with Strawberry Hill sounds like it could produce some interesting kids. Do you make any particular observations of males used in crosses or use what you get, within reason? The little bit of reading I've been getting into lately seems to support the idea of using 1, or two, male(s) for hybrid crosses but multiple for inline work. Makes sense on paper but in real time things are always subject to change. I'm interested to see how other growers interpret and apply that.

The SHill's seem to be doing right by you. Did ya dust the beast you still got going or is she a one off?

Males...of course...are more the unknown...the Chaos Factor comes into play. I get lucky at times....and find ones that have traits...or an aura surrounding them. I like to taste the male flowers right before they drop pollen. If I find a funky tasting male...I'll make note of him...and concentrate my more important pollinations on him. Mostly...like a lot of what I do....I go off gut feeling.

As far as the P Bastard Haze F2 males....nothing spectacular....no specific draw....that is one of the reasons why I decided not to inline on this round. All the Bastard F2s turned out nice...for the situation...but the Haze leaners were a lot more work and take way more time. I've been smoking the Purple Bastard leaner for over a week now....while the others continue flower....so a big difference in flower Xs.

The "Lunker" Strawberry Hill was pollinated with Thai Haze X SK#1....I'll show her at harvest.....I think she is now in her 70s....can't remember....but right around there somewhere. Thick buds...doesn't look Hazy like her sister at all. Nice cross.

T

THE PABLOS

On the subject of males.....an examples of relations...

On the subject of males.....an examples of relations...

...and more utter Bullshit.

Below are pictures of Odessa (left) and Joy Division (right)....they share the same dad.

Odessa= Casey Jones X Cindy Jones

Joy Division= Killer Chemdog X Cindy Jones

I put these two plants into flower together....yes I'm racing them against each other. Performance plants. I also pollinated both....this morning....with Casey Jones F2 pollen (one picture is before pollination...one after). Treading in the pool....so to speak. And...why not? You can carve and grind all over this pool....just slap it around.

What will these pollinations advance me? More killer plants...bottom line...no trickery...no doubts...simple as that.

Will I find anything shocking.....anything mind blowing? Maybe...but more than likely....(and the goal of the outcrosses)...I will open up different pathways into traits/expressions that float my boat. I'm like a pit bull....when I find my lock....I crunch down and shake....until I'm bathed in glorious fruits....lol....that's an important step imo.....to be able to... conjure up consistent shiners in a given pool. To rip that pool to pieces.....progress the sessions....evolve yourself along with the subject matter. Then....maybe....it becomes something on its own.

For now...it is just...a hodgepodge...but then again....what else are genetics? I will not pretend otherwise....and I don't give a shit...where it goes....I'd say more....but...that's where I am...and where it is....it will work out fine.

G

guest121295

So I have these Nevilles males to use for my seed project.One is incredibly faster than the other two and has more of and Afghani/hybrid profile.Since this male is early, I figure if it was a girl she would be pumping female flowers faster.Do you think that a male like this might quiken up the Nevilles side of the cross. My end being to have a nevilles style plant with some chem/ecsd hunks or spears running everywhere when I Bx the cross the original clones.I've already pollinated a D and some Honey White branches, I can't imagine any disasterously horrid plants coming from that mix...again, I appreciate ya'll latting me stop by with my inquiries.:)

T

THE PABLOS

So I have these Nevilles males to use for my seed project.One is incredibly faster than the other two and has more of and Afghani/hybrid profile.Since this male is early, I figure if it was a girl she would be pumping female flowers faster.Do you think that a male like this might quiken up the Nevilles side of the cross. My end being to have a nevilles style plant with some chem/ecsd hunks or spears running everywhere when I Bx the cross the original clones.I've already pollinated a D and some Honey White branches, I can't imagine any disasterously horrid plants coming from that mix...again, I appreciate ya'll latting me stop by with my inquiries.:)

That's actually pretty interesting....I saw similar things in the Afghan Haze in veg....yet when they flowered...they all seemed to lean more to the Haze....except finish Xs were reduced. So....you are looking for more Hazy structure but with the flowers being more solid?....and the finish X more to the clones? That's what it sounds like....looking for the "high" Haze over top the stoney clones...maybe with an undertone of Haze with the clone flavors over top....sold me lol....or the Haze over top the clone flavor would suit me as well.

I'm not sure if that male will speed things up...hard to say...but I think that I would use it separate...if possible...on at least one of the pollinations.

Man...I saw the latest pictures of your Chem D....you grow that like you stole it...outstanding...I had a jones just looking at it. I'm drying that Chem leaning I-HOP now....I can not wait....that should be the most Chemmy thing around until I get some other stuff I've been working on...into flower. I am...an admitted...Chem hound...still love it....just the smell...clears my head...well you know what I mean....clearing the head has different definitions.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no kidding,i love that chem flavor/smell/high combo,lots of winners in that line...haze on top of that certainly sounds like a potential winner..

T

THE PABLOS

It's clearing the air day....

It's clearing the air day....

....and clearing out some plants that needed to be manicured. Here is what the P Bastard Haze F2.....from a few post ago....looks like....getting trimmed down. Pretty Hazy flowers...some purple coloring in the meat....sticky...squishy...yuppers...should be swell.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just had a thought about winter coming and that crazy purple hash you made....have some good purple stock in the fridge..purple in and of itself is not a trait i generally look for...no bad purple grown yet,just not impressed by many of the purps i have smoked,that said,i love well grown GDP,some of them are great,many not so much....
looks good from here...you will know soon eh?

T

THE PABLOS

i just had a thought about winter coming and that crazy purple hash you made....have some good purple stock in the fridge..purple in and of itself is not a trait i generally look for...no bad purple grown yet,just not impressed by many of the purps i have smoked,that said,i love well grown GDP,some of them are great,many not so much....
looks good from here...you will know soon eh?

Funny you mention hash....I took all the OD trim and vacc sealed it up into the freezer. With the dips in temps here....I decided I'll be catching up on the bubble making. I haven't made any since...I guess that purple stuff....my freezer is over loaded big time. I honestly can not smoke that much bubble...but I like to give it to friends...makes a great Xmas present.

Purple weed is neat....I mean visually appealing....I like Urkle pretty well...but for a short while....yet I've not been totally blown away by many other purple strains. I used to grow a clone that I think was Purple Kush (though gifted to me as Master Kush)...low yield...very ornamental....wasn't grapey...sweet taste. Peeps used to want to pay me top $ for cuts....I can't even remember when I stopped growing that one....or if there are any cuts left around here....or even who ended up with it.

The yield was so bad...I mean depressing....if you were cash cropping you would go broke or have to charge outrageous amounts....but peeps would fall all over themselves to have it...bling weed. Didn't think that much of the high myself....which goes to show....if it's purple...sugary...and pretty...it is more desired by your average joe. Peeps love purps...funny how color moves them.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
after just working a bunch with the las vegas purple kush cut,which does have a good flavor and decent high...but the plants are a mess,cant hold themselves up,its 70% crappy little popcorn bud and every plant pest just adores it...hate that strain....at least that cut....a giant apin in the ass for not a great yield of popcorn nugs...grew some 9 foot plants,still never had a bud bigger than thumb sized,on a plant that big you would think there would be at least on nice cola....nope...