Veteran
Hell Hound Test #2013

Hell Hound Test #2013

picture.php

T

THE PABLOS

Southern influenced storm system rolling through

Southern influenced storm system rolling through

Wet it is...freezing it is not. Temps are hanging in the 50s...even at night. Manipulating the indoor studios to sail with the current weather trend

Check it out: The 3 Red Kali Mist sisters that are going to flower run together

Freshly transplanted into 5 gal smart pots. The intention is to start them flowering next week.

* Because of time frames within the perpetual rotation...and because I don't fancy not having my plants mobile...I'll not be growing them into a screen. Changed my mind on that. Not even sure how I'm going to grow them. Figure it out when I need to

These plants are becoming fully veg stage mature...bit aggressive..and taking up valuable space. I can comfortably hold out through the weekend....but after that...I'm going to get them into flower. My maintenance to the flower studio can be done around them...no issue.

I have Hell Hounds still rolling hard...thinking now...that they want to hang out. Trying to close these bitches down..in their 60s and 70s...they are fighting me off. Think it may be the tea flush that gushes them into unwillingness

Examples of my 2 current favorites...about 10 days apart flower age wise...similar but different expressions. These are mean girls. I love this Hell Hound cross...love the plants..love the smoke...yada yada..going to keep it going

* As we know...I'm flushing with molasses/worm casting tea. Very few times do I give the plants...straight water. This method does not stop the plants from fading...but it does keep their flowers pushing out new white growth...so kind of misleading..at a quick glance

** fresh..just harvested and dried flowers...no cure at all..off the vine...and rolled into joints to be smoked. The tea method of flushing does not make the joints smoke "dirty". The smoke has flavor and burns clean. In the ash tray...it's clean white ash

Last edited:

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Looking Ladies!!!

Good Looking Ladies!!!

Those RKM's look way different than the primary breederpack genetics that originally sourced the present line(f5).
(Oh btw, BM hasn't said anything about his seedlings at all, so that means also, that he's not complaining about seeing low quality offplants lol:) )
One thing, TP, a favor...,if u ever see similar sativa stuff or hear someone say the rkm looks like this or that, please inform me of these observations.
I'm always curious if there is anything similar out there.
-of course its all cannabis that flowers to make buds, lol, but I'm just some dude, far off from civilization for the most part. You've grown a few sats...surely more than, and surpassing myself. It really felt great when sodaman said 2/8 of his vitality were, to him, unique cannabis,..and as u know, the rkm f3 mothered that cross, which had a flo dad which is not the most unique, as we have found lots of strains that may have a kinship to the flo over the years on these larger boards. Happy Trails...to you...

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn funkman...you are upping your game. 20 X 24...that's wild. Fucking props..blowing up

the 2 8X12s last year worked well, just didnt have a decent ceiling, was only 6ft6inches

added together it was 16x24, so wont be much different in floor space, but ill have much more head room. the hoops with GH covering dont hold upto the sun and wind here, i bought both new last year and zippers were trashed, and was starting to rip all over from the wind here.

the one we built with solex at my buddies has been goin strong for 3 years now with no problems other then blowers crappin out. his was a old hoop we toughed up, 40 x 20.

T

THE PABLOS

Those RKM's look way different than the primary breederpack genetics that originally sourced the present line(f5).
(Oh btw, BM hasn't said anything about his seedlings at all, so that means also, that he's not complaining about seeing low quality offplants lol:) )
One thing, TP, a favor...,if u ever see similar sativa stuff or hear someone say the rkm looks like this or that, please inform me of these observations.
I'm always curious if there is anything similar out there.
-of course its all cannabis that flowers to make buds, lol, but I'm just some dude, far off from civilization for the most part. You've grown a few sats...surely more than, and surpassing myself. It really felt great when sodaman said 2/8 of his vitality were, to him, unique cannabis,..and as u know, the rkm f3 mothered that cross, which had a flo dad which is not the most unique, as we have found lots of strains that may have a kinship to the flo over the years on these larger boards. Happy Trails...to you...

No problem. My observations are made off the cuff...the immediate things that strike me.

So far these RKM are uniform....with the exception of the #1 selection. The #1 is almost like a runt. Healthy..looks related (no seed mix up) but shows more blushing and is a very sensitive expression. She reacts to environmental changes and nutrient changes more than any other plant...currently...in my veg studio. She has not kicked in..to any higher growth gear. Slow grower

These plants should get pretty big (for my studio anyway)...and I'm going to attempt to run them not topped. I might try a measure of criss crossing the plants via bends and tying them together for support...kind of...make a wall of RKM. Should be interestingly...on the verge of disaster...or come out...totally artistic.

T

THE PABLOS

the 2 8X12s last year worked well, just didnt have a decent ceiling, was only 6ft6inches

added together it was 16x24, so wont be much different in floor space, but ill have much more head room. the hoops with GH covering dont hold upto the sun and wind here, i bought both new last year and zippers were trashed, and was starting to rip all over from the wind here.

the one we built with solex at my buddies has been goin strong for 3 years now with no problems other then blowers crappin out. his was a old hoop we toughed up, 40 x 20.

Yeah...any permanent fixture I'd build here..would have to be able to handle the winds. When we get the Santa Ana winds hauling through...they blow shit apart quickly. Sustained 60-80 mph. I'd build with high ceilings as well..

My idea is to keep things small for now. I have the 8 X 6 being shipped...and I'll also be employing...retractable/portable row covers. Decided to go cheap and mobile....so if something doesn't work out...or gets blown to OZ...I'm not losing much.

Santa Ana season is mostly in fall (though we get them in winter as well)....and predictable. I can break down this stuff....then reset it.

Man...there is a lot of cool equipment out there. I could easily spend 1000s of $s on my veggie gardens...no problem. Seriously restrain myself.

T

THE PABLOS

Differences in the RKM population exemplified

Differences in the RKM population exemplified

The #1 selection (in a 1gal root pouch) sits between two of her sisters (in 5gal smart pots)...balanced on their pots. To the right...in the offside..is another RKM that was a little slower (maybe do to a less than perfect beer cup transplant at seedling stage...she went into the coco crooked..so has grown with a bent stalk)

The #1 is nowhere near the explosive growers as her sisters. Even her leaves are more dainty...like small fingers. I've taken note....that as her sisters have aged...they have started to blush up more...but still not as deeply as the #1.

There is no "silkiness" in the #1...unlike all the her sisters. She reminds me more...of a scrubby rose vine...stalk is compacted tight..no hollow tubes. Like a weed

T

THE PABLOS

Smoking the morning Hound

Smoking the morning Hound

Back into Hell Hound land...making my rounds...taking samples

These flowers came off a plant that seems to have more of the OG Jam influences. You may remember that I have 2 plants that represent with this expression. These flowers are somewhere in their 60s..and off the less desirable of the 2 sisters.

These flowers are off of...maybe...my favorite girl in the run. She is more a hybrid of both Odessa and OG Jam....seems like a jungle plant...lowland sativa. Flower samples are in their 60s

^ I've seen this expression before....when I did the Hell Hound F1 run...where I used beans from the OG Jam moms. I named that expression "Premium" and thought highly of her.

It's funny how expressions recirculate. I really do believe it's a calculated rinse...once you have the pools built. There is no one path...to any expression. All you need is a favorable pool...and enough runs..they'll all come home to roost.

* On today's samples: under the loop...all flowers are showing 1/2 clear 1/2 milky....0 amber

T

THE PABLOS

This tripper

This tripper

The oddball...still going full bore...in her 60s...can't even take samples off her...because they are not close enough to ripe. Been flushing for a week/10 days....this is the "C99" expression...lol....whatever..I have no idea

3.5' short hedge. Lots of flowers...flowers that have the Odessa influence..funky but not sweet or fruity...not overpowering but nice perfume under development...plenty sticky

I'm finding more and more love for this baby

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking at those RKM i had a total flash to some old pic i remember seeing,maybe in the old mel frank grow book? maybe in connell clark? at any rate..a hippy girl standing next to a giant outdoor mexican sativa with the classic xmas tree shape and huge dinner plate leaves...

it will be nice here in a bit when i can free more space up to play with my own hybrids but right now the garden has a job to do,that can all come later....

T

THE PABLOS

Started Taking Action

Started Taking Action

looking at those RKM i had a total flash to some old pic i remember seeing,maybe in the old mel frank grow book? maybe in connell clark? at any rate..a hippy girl standing next to a giant outdoor mexican sativa with the classic xmas tree shape and huge dinner plate leaves...

it will be nice here in a bit when i can free more space up to play with my own hybrids but right now the garden has a job to do,that can all come later....

Yeah...just finished up working with those RKM. Decided to use an aggressive training technique...bent the top 6-8" over...crush pinched the stalks and tied them into place. removed some leaves

I'm not topping...and I've already been sizing up the plants and the bulbs...predicting stretch....wanting to keep the body of the flowers in the best light. Totally going to wing it..however..this training session is indicative of how I plan to achieve success. Center balance their core structures...lend support for spread...create a toasty wave of RKM

I'm ready to get shit rolling man...ready to kick these things off. They do seem old skool..yet heavily refined

* I think I'm going to grow gifted Dcong F4 next. I've always wanted to grow that cross...never have (edit...not true. I started some before and can't remember what happened...probably had an accident)...but I have some choice beans made by a friend on here.

Once these 3 RKM kick off into flower...I'm free to start more beans and keep the crazy going

EDIT: Forgot to mention: put the 2 Prune Juice males into flower yesterday. That's an important function

T

THE PABLOS

Rainy afternoon...good for a trimming

Rainy afternoon...good for a trimming

A look at early sample flowers from my 2 (currently) reigning favorite Hell Hound expressions. A choice kush dominant and the blended expression...great growers

And here's those sample flowers off the "lesser" Kush expression

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
The steady stream of flowers look great, P. Seeing all the different expressions reminds me how much fun it is to harvest stuff from seed and smoke it for the first time. Like opening a present. I keep saying it but this year I'm gonna get back to popping more seed. Might as well use em before they turn into bird feed.

That's an aggressive beat down you put on that RKM. Did you do it to all of them?

T

THE PABLOS

The steady stream of flowers look great, P. Seeing all the different expressions reminds me how much fun it is to harvest stuff from seed and smoke it for the first time. Like opening a present. I keep saying it but this year I'm gonna get back to popping more seed. Might as well use em before they turn into bird feed.

That's an aggressive beat down you put on that RKM. Did you do it to all of them?

Not all of them...only the 3 I'm going to start flowering next week. Just checked in on them...their tips are already aimed at the lights. I've used the technique before on satvias...a lot of plants react as if..they've been topped..but don't bush out as much. If the bend/crush is applied just above a branch junction...those branches tend to become the new tops. Cut off the leaves to keep the structure open..as the bent top does crowd a bit. Take the ties off...once they have adjusted.

looking for a filled design...but not wanting bushes of smaller flowers. I'd like to see mutated Christmas trees..not going to be a classical profiles. Figure there is going to be some aggressive stretching...curb it a little...by doubling the plants back on themselves..along with keeping the flowers in the best light (center of the plant)...fuck...could be very dicey with these

Can't imagine not growing from seed...the unknowns are the juice

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Yo the pablos homie! If u don't mind me axin, give the rundown on flushing again..plain water and tea? See I recently grew some indicas, typical quick flowering shit. I cut the nutes early, tried yellowing them out...but did the buds push white hairs till day 70!! Kinda got the opposite results expected.

If you wanna chime in, I'd greatly value and respect your opinion ok? Be peace babeh

T

THE PABLOS

And the answer is:

And the answer is:

Yo the pablos homie! If u don't mind me axin, give the rundown on flushing again..plain water and tea? See I recently grew some indicas, typical quick flowering shit. I cut the nutes early, tried yellowing them out...but did the buds push white hairs till day 70!! Kinda got the opposite results expected.

If you wanna chime in, I'd greatly value and respect your opinion ok? Be peace babeh

I'm flushing for weeks on molasses and worm casting tea...not bubbled...just made in a 5 gal Home Depot bucket...with a lid...brewed in my veg studio. Once in a while...I'll give them straight RO water

With these sativa dominant Hell Hounds..I can watch them totally fade out...burn up all their leaves. BUT...I'm also finding that they seem to be wanting to keep going. Not a one...has stopped putting out new growth...yet if you look at them...you know they ain't fueling off reserves.

I kept them on N....for most the P blasting phase...with maybe a week without N in prime blast mode...but then resumed probably..when I started flushing with the tea. I'm sure they are getting K and N from the tea. They don't green up...but they push out the white growth

Still...as I'm finding via multi harvesting...the flowers can be called ready...are very potent...with lots of flavor...and a clean burn. It's strange...because most of these girls...should be totally out of there. I've grown Hell Hound enough to know...they are not dominated by plants that look like the can go 80 days..

T

THE PABLOS

Added a tie..

Added a tie..

This is the Red Kali Mist F5 that became the #3 selection some time ago (it's in the thread somewhere)...one of the girls that had her top bent/crushed/tied

She was making her way back up...to the light too fast...not completely set in her trained pose...so...I added another tie lower down...to keep her from raising back up. This training method saves valuable head space...keeps the growth in check as she prepares to enter flower.

* This is the biggest girl...and I'm totally digging on her. So much so..I may change my plans...and use her to breed to the Prune Juice males. A queen silky...real sexy

** more rain...more mountain running. Checking the PH of my piss...drinking fresh juices..smoking the Hound....eating pinto bean burritos (my favorite running fuel)

I can see for miles and miles....no not really...it's cloudy

EDIT: I don't know how you dudes transplant from smart pot to smart pot...but I didn't want to fuck with it...so I buried the 1 gal into the 5 gal...figured that was the easiest way. Anyone else do different? Left the top 1/4 of the 1gal pot exposed

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

I couldn't understand how to do the transplanting without hurting all the good root structure. Those bags don't want to come off...as I've found out...when dumping the medium after the grow.

Planting the pot seems like the best way to go....far as I can see

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
roots are a lot tougher than people imagine,i cant say i have done too much root pruning on mj plants,but plenty of times on houseplants i have gone in and removed loads of outer roots and repotted or separating bits of a plant out to propagate them....

i think the roots should just grow right through...in my case since i was going for a 1 lb plant i said screw it,its a 6 dollar smart pot,out came the knife....

Latest posts

Latest posts