What's new

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

For Mr. A

For Mr. A

Haven't updated the Red Kali Mist in a while. 5 females....including my #1 selection. I'm now experimenting (started yesterday) with 1 gal root pouches (for veg...they are cheaper than smart pots..so trying them out)...instead of plastic squares. Getting away from the plastics

^ only transplanted one RKM (she's the #3 selection I showed a while back) into the 1 gal pouches...took the biggest girl (she's not that much bigger) and transplanted her yesterday. Going to veg for a few more weeks...then transplant into 5 gal smart pots for flower. My intentions are to get some size..see what they can do

I'll have to pick up some more pouches..and transplant the other 4 females..this week.

My #1 selection remains...different. Not the most vigorous...she is darker...and not as silky as her sisters. Silky is word association..as...when I'm working with the RKM their overall feel...is silky. They are silky plants.

Look at her coloring...her sisters are not so blushed..she sticks out easily

This one is selected to be pollinated with the Prune Juice males. I kept no RKM males...as my priority was to get the outcross done. Again...this plays into my reliance on the females I use to breed with. My belief...that I can always find a bred female...her reincarnation in her offspring. Logistics...always logistics

* The veg studio is running in cooler temps...and I've overfed the plants a bit. Doing a balancing act with temps...and bottom feeding. Not top feeding anything...it all comes from below

Had to replace a faucet yesterday...and then today...had to go back under to replace one of the sink's water lines. Copper and freeze...so sketchy working on the pipes in this weather. Had to do it...my RO system is hooked into those lines. tad bit stressful...

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Nice looking grow you got! What kind of lights are you using?

Thanks dude...just a 1000 and 600 HPS for flower..vert bare bulbs with a fan blowing up from the floor. Think the bulbs are hortilux...600 is on a digital..1000 on a mechanical...nothing fancy

Madjag

Veteran
You have the fingers of a working man....I imagine you are a working man hahahaha....

It's refreshing to see another gardener's fingers and hands lookin' like he has them in the dirt as much as possible. I dig it....literally.

We put in cilantro, arugula, carrots, radishes, and celery last week. 250 garlic went in October and the late warmth brought them all up in no time.

Love the whole earth/plant/sun/rain/wind cycle.....being in touch with the earth is a pleasure I wish that so many more folks could experience and enjoy. It sooths the soul.....

Old saying: "Gardeners always live in beautiful places because they make them so".

T

THE PABLOS

You have the fingers of a working man....I imagine you are a working man hahahaha....

It's refreshing to see another gardener's fingers and hands lookin' like he has them in the dirt as much as possible. I dig it....literally.

We put in cilantro, arugula, carrots, radishes, and celery last week. 250 garlic went in October and the late warmth brought them all up in no time.

Love the whole earth/plant/sun/rain/wind cycle.....being in touch with the earth is a pleasure I wish that so many more folks could experience and enjoy. It sooths the soul.....

Old saying: "Gardeners always live in beautiful places because they make them so".

worker bee. I'm constantly dirty except in the studios. My clothes are wasted rags. Assorted colorful rags

All the running has turned my feet into hooves...been twisted and pounded into calloused grip. I keep thinking..it's all for a reason and that it's of sincere importance. Try telling your wife that one....tell her...I don't know why...but I gots to keep going. Good thing my girl is supportive

I prefer gardening barefoot...outdoor and in...can't get naked for the sake of neighbors...and bare bulbs

Our garlic is still in the ground (mulched..green even with this frost)...patches all over..won't harvest until May-June. Been bringing in carrots and beets..compost pits are cooking

* If more people gardened...we'd not have as much insanity in the world. respect the circle.

There are reasons to rejoice in mystery. There are also reasons why a life greatly extended by technology sounds like some lines come to life a la Howl.

T

THE PABLOS

There are reasons to rejoice in mystery. There are also reasons why a life greatly extended by technology sounds like some lines come to life a la Howl.

Technology is just bizarre. Here I kneel...typing into it. The extension of life...well...I believe in extended never ending life. Don't need technology for that.

I'm a simple weatherman...don't try to control the weather...just a reader of

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im just starting with one 4x8 raised bed garden this year...i have nothing but pure sand,i added 30 odd rootballs a few months ago,a layer of leaf litter and some partly finished compost...all that got buried under all the earth i had already been adding rootballs and whatever compost i could make over the years...this year i also added 4 bags of compost and 2 bags of manurecompost...going to add 100 lbs of ewc to that,some kelp meal and alfalfa meal,a couple of lbs of azomite.or whatever is called for in so small an area,get all that tilled together,build a 2 foot raised bed,fill it with all the mixed together goodies,get it good and moist,mulch the crap out of it,and let it sit until spring....im pretty sure i can manage to sprout some veggies to get them ready to be planted out...

T

THE PABLOS

im just starting with one 4x8 raised bed garden this year...i have nothing but pure sand,i added 30 odd rootballs a few months ago,a layer of leaf litter and some partly finished compost...all that got buried under all the earth i had already been adding rootballs and whatever compost i could make over the years...this year i also added 4 bags of compost and 2 bags of manurecompost...going to add 100 lbs of ewc to that,some kelp meal and alfalfa meal,a couple of lbs of azomite.or whatever is called for in so small an area,get all that tilled together,build a 2 foot raised bed,fill it with all the mixed together goodies,get it good and moist,mulch the crap out of it,and let it sit until spring....im pretty sure i can manage to sprout some veggies to get them ready to be planted out...

That's awesome. Growing custom foods..changes you...as you start to ingest flavorful nutrients. Elements make it a serious journey...with all the highs and lows

Making compost is as much fun as growing the plants. I marvel in my compost pits. Gardening...full circle...is creating life. It really is. You can literally...watch your medium improve...watch it grow...amazing

I'm enjoying my ride back to the roots. When I started on this pathway...I had no intention..and still don't...just going with what feels less bogus. It's changed my entire life...the way I think...the way I see things

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never selected for 'silky' lol...is what it is I guess:)
-the silk appearance showed up at f3 in about 25percent of the plants.
BM said he will sprout 4 so we may hear his input in a couple months in the dj-sect.

T

THE PABLOS

Under deep freeze

Under deep freeze

No water in the house. Pipes are frozen. Can only wait..to see if any will break.

Ground is like cement...decomposing granite packs like a super highway. Went out to check on my winter gardens

Chard..colored up and iced over

October planted garlics...along with some self storing frozen carrots

Here's that screen I was talking about. Take few of these (they look to be 3 X 6' in size)....paint them white (they are not galvanized)..and frame out the needed design. I like the bigger squares..imo...about right for training herb (or Tomato) plants into. 2" squares seem a little small to me.

^ on that exact screen....I did big Tomatoes plants last season..and in '10 I did that outdoor pit screen grow of Joy Division (Killer Chemdog X Cindy Jones). never painted it...so it's getting beat up. I'll have to do some maintenance on it before the summer season.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its cold here today as well...was thinking of grabbing some more amendments for the soil in the garden,kinda not looking forward to getting on the bike,it sort of hurts to breath when it starts getting cold....and i know i need more stuff than i can possibly haul without killing myself..

got some seeds from two of my own crosses going,strike that,one cross and some cindy99 f3's...got that seed popping urge again...

T

THE PABLOS

Scary when the pipes pop

Scary when the pipes pop

Happened about 10 this morning...when they thawed...the pressure issued out the pop...at release. Lucky...no pipes broke. We have several more nights of clear freezing skies. I'll be up flowing water tonight...make sure to not let the pipes freeze up again.

So...check out this shit: My slow ass growing Mox Krox are sexing. They barely grow...but have given me 3 confirmed females...and I think the last one is a male...Mox Mox X Grape Krush

Harvested the rest of that vine Hell Hound this morning

I'm going to multi harvest all the Hell Hounds...it's looking like that's what they are going to prefer...extended harvests...little here...little there.

Removing branches a little at a time...is the way to go. Opens up the plants...gives me different harvest window samples...and spreads out the trimming. It's nice being able to walk into the flower studio...and cut myself off a branch...on any given day.

Speaking of multi harvesting....and speaking of selfing expressions

^ that's fresh dry herb from the vine I harvested earlier this week. The joint pile was created from a small handful...lower buds..that you can see..were lightly seeded. I can expect to find an equal amount of seeds in the remaining lower flowers...I harvested today.

Have not found any on the higher up flowers...just in the larf...which to me..is very a desirable habit for my girls to have. Lower flower selfing is totally acceptable. Check out the beans..healthy and perfectly mature. Bet I could germ them up now.

So if I want to grow this Hell Hound vine expression again..no problem. I'd gamble with complete confidence...that I'd find her again in these beans. I'd say within a 5 bean drop..I'd get at least 2..that would replicate her closely

* Personally....I'm not one of those smokers who prefers a well cured bud. I like it dry but fresh.

Smoking a joint of that stuff now...fucking outstanding funky grease...twinge of fuels and sour. Yum

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

I never selected for 'silky' lol...is what it is I guess:)
-the silk appearance showed up at f3 in about 25percent of the plants.
BM said he will sprout 4 so we may hear his input in a couple months in the dj-sect.

Then you understand what I'm describing as: silky? Cool..it's the word that pops in my head..when I work with them. The plants also have a cherry(ish) kind undertone..under the typical green smells.

subjective though. We'll get a better look...when they are put to flower. With the exception of the #1 selection...they look uniform. Starting to become mature veggers

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
What, you don't like well cured bud? Why not? I like it dry dry dry though. Totally agree with all of that.

T

THE PABLOS

What, you don't like well cured bud? Why not? I like it dry dry dry though. Totally agree with all of that.

Not saying I don't like it...let's put it this way..most the time I do not get huge extras in flavor or highs from long cures. Have to store it..so it gets cured...but really...I like fresh harvest or less than a month since chop.

These joints I'm smoking today...no cure...dried in low RH over the fireplace for a few days...burns smooth with lots of flavor. Burns clean to white ash. Seriously nice head...don't expect the cure to make it much better. Call me crazy..but like my veggies...fresh is best.

I smoke the latest harvest most the time. I'll smoke this vine Hell Hound expression until I bring in one of the other sisters...then I'll smoke on that...until...the next sister..on and on....I'll end up smoking nothing but Hell Hound expressions for the next few months. By then...I'd think...that I'd have a good grip on what I've done...and where to take it next.

Test Pilot

T

THE PABLOS

Power winds come through..

Power winds come through..

blowing away the deep frozen sink. At least 10 degrees warmer last night. Sun is unblocked..sky is up up up...winter blue

Started taking some lesser...lower..flowers off 2 of the Hell Hound sisters. Same ages..these flowers represent two different...but desirable expressions. You can see how they are routing in different directions...but in directions...not far from each other. Late 50s/early 60s??? smelly

Smoking some of that vine...this morning. I remember getting my teeth cleaned..back in the 70s...when I was a youngster. That flavor of the cleaning grit..tooth paste...the assistants used...to mechanically scrub my teeth

it's like a numbing...medicated berry...but like a man made berry. Strange flavor...different...desirable. Like a tasty cough drop. Keeps you toking

Madjag

Veteran
Original Test Pilot

Original Test Pilot

Still piloting along......

Test Pilot

picture.php

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then you understand what I'm describing as: silky?
yeah mon....and i am real happy u got such a nice grow and gave them this chance to perform fully n 2 proper maturity. Sodaman told me off this site that he thinks i have a true feel for oaxacan headhigh, so i wonder if your seeds grow into anything special smoke like oaxaca. sorry my english bad when i smoke lol, does anyone else ever type while high much? whatever.

T

THE PABLOS

Plan of Action

Plan of Action

yeah mon....and i am real happy u got such a nice grow and gave them this chance to perform fully n 2 proper maturity. Sodaman told me off this site that he thinks i have a true feel for oaxacan headhigh, so i wonder if your seeds grow into anything special smoke like oaxaca. sorry my english bad when i smoke lol, does anyone else ever type while high much? whatever.

Some stoned typing:

The Hell Hound run is now in a landing pattern. The next couple weeks should see all those fine girls onto tarmac. Lovely things..priceless high class perfume...gathered together...to watch each other...transition on into the circle.

After that run finishes...I'll be changing out my Can 100 for another Can 100...as well as...switching out exhaust fans. I've run this filter for 2yrs...as well as the Can fan. They still work fine...but eventually...warm temps will be back...and I'd rather switch out before that happens. I depend on awesome airflow...to make my studio work.

Here's how it's going to work after studio maintenance:

Step 1

I'll first put into flower...3 Red Kali Mist "silky" females. They are uniform expressions...about the same size...shape..etc. I'll not be breeding these 3 plants. Around the 1st week of February...they should start

I measured that screen I use : 4 x 7'. I'm going to buy two new ones...next time I go down to town. I'll end up hanging them straight up and down...off the rafter...on one entire side of a wall. Screen will be between the wall and the bulbs...naturally

After eyeballing the situation...while puffing down a joint of Hound...I believe hanging them...in this most simple fashion..is easiest and best.

Going to run those 3 RKM girls on that wall...behind that screen. I'm going to attempt to fill the screen.

I don't think I'm going to top. As I'm expecting very sativa dominant expressions....I'd prefer to grow bigger flowers...rather than shit loads of smaller ones. I'll have to rely on my training/pruning abilities...to see it through

Step 2

Not detailed...but will be the invasion of the Prune Juice males and females. Also will intertwine with the other RKMs (one of which will be bred). The Prune Juice are more indica dominant...with lots of Blueberry in them...so they grow on their own schedule. I need to keep vegging them...to get to a worthwhile size for 5 gal pots. As a cultivator...I must be able to keep time with all sorts

a current sketch

Latest posts

Latest posts