What's new

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

It's still 3-digit hot...time for a dip in our swimmin' pool while the girls flower out

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=35034&pictureid=932726&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=38164&pictureid=932734&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=38164&pictureid=932733&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=38164&pictureid=932732&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

It does take a different kind of patience around this time. When I leave and come home I have to check in on them, of course. Though not a forest like Mendo420 or FillthePotmore, my secret garden fills my dreams....

Beautiful man.

I'm in good weather again (lower 90's...some clouds...dry)...bypassed most the cells. It's a bit overwhelming sometimes.

Lots of veggies/fruits are harvesting...family from across the ocean will be here this week...and my body is hurting from a bunch of stuff...that I need to do to unfuck my cramping issues. Of course....the property has waves of funky stench catching breezes...real world stuff invades as well

I go through stages of gardening burn out

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres an existential garden dilemma you can appreciate...getting ready for a seed run,and getting rid of a lot of the clones i was running at the same time as i am going on a little f2 binge...have a cindy99 cut i was going to make some f2's with,and also have a batch just coming up to harvest...see below...

picture.php

now after looking at the pics i took last night im weakening and wanting to grab some clones before it gets too far into flowering,i already have 100 seeds from the first seed run of cindy99 f2's,maybe not that many,i got the fewest c99 beans from all the c99 crosses i made for whatever reason....but dang,she sure is frosty,i do love the smoke....i guess im gonna have to take cuts,i would hate to run out of c99 stash....

T

THE PABLOS

heres an existential garden dilemma you can appreciate...getting ready for a seed run,and getting rid of a lot of the clones i was running at the same time as i am going on a little f2 binge...have a cindy99 cut i was going to make some f2's with,and also have a batch just coming up to harvest...see below...

View Image

now after looking at the pics i took last night im weakening and wanting to grab some clones before it gets too far into flowering,i already have 100 seeds from the first seed run of cindy99 f2's,maybe not that many,i got the fewest c99 beans from all the c99 crosses i made for whatever reason....but dang,she sure is frosty,i do love the smoke....i guess im gonna have to take cuts,i would hate to run out of c99 stash....

Go with your gut....do what ya gotta do. Looks great....agree.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i can see why its so often used in crosses,i cant wait to see what it did to the princess13 (bros grimm ice princess x g13)

T

THE PABLOS

Lanscape

Lanscape

This is how it works. Getting down and low

Lanscape....landscape...whatever...September delirium. I'm flushing everything...

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Hey Pablo's Glad to see everything is still good with u ..I've been out of the loop for a lil while ..but I'm gearing up again ..I'll be in and around sop ill be seeing u ..
Peace

Madjag

Veteran
Attached Patio under Polycarbonate Panels

Attached Patio under Polycarbonate Panels

that last pic is beautiful. do you have those ladies under your deck?

It may look like a deck, which is a great idea if one used heavy-duty, strong polycarb sheets like the one they use in big stadium structures as your deck floor......you could grow below the deck!

It's merely a corrugated polycarbonate panel patio roof over a walled-in space. Plenty of air still goes over and through the two free-standing walls, one with a door to the back yard. 5 years of growth have covered the walls with a huge jasmine vine.

Early photo:

Peace,
MJ

Madjag

Veteran
Make sure your get the high-end polycarbonate panels. Some "Opal" whites only let in 35% of light. The best is called DynaGlas SolarSoft 85. It has 85% LT (light transmission) and 100% diffusion. The high diffusion rate means plants get bathed in equal light and do not get burned.

Palram makes DynaGlass but it is for commercial use only. I can get it from other out of state sources but the shipping cost adds about $150 for 12 6'x4' panels. Home Depot etc does not even have it available, in Arizona, by special order.

Palram has another agricultural panel called SunSky that comes in translucent (pale white) and clear. It looks equally good. Bronze or dark tint panels mean only 25-45% LT, not so good.

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
Attached Patio with Polycarbonate Roof

Attached Patio with Polycarbonate Roof

cool set up! im about to do the same thing to my patio area

Here's the progression. The Secret garden patio has two walls against the house and two free-standing walls added. The polycarbnate corrugated panels from Lowe's are 8 feet long. They end 1 foot short of the outer wood frame wall that has rolled "bamboo/reed" from Home Depot stretched over it, twice for privacy. It still ventilates well and the roof panels drop water into the bordering rock planters.

The whole area is on drip with a timer. The solid wood wall that doesn't have the rolled reed covering has the huge jasmine plant on both sides of it. Flagstone and found rocks from desert washes and select hillsides make the rock planter borders. I cut out a window and put in the smallets sliding glass door I could find, five feet wide.

Ideally it would face south - southwest for best year-round light. Mine only gets direct sunlight in June-Sept from about 8am to 4pm. Still enough, but could be better. I have 4 - 65watt corkscrew CFLs (5500k) that prevented early flowering when the girls went in Rootmaker air-pruning soft pots here on May 1. The lights stayed on until August 15 or so to extend the veg cycle, keeping it at 15 hours of light instead of the 13-14 in May and August.

In southern Arizona the temps are good enough that even the Malawi 99 which just started to flower will be able to get through to November.

Peace,
Madjag

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Make sure your get the high-end polycarbonate panels. Some "Opal" whites only let in 35% of light. The best is called DynaGlas SolarSoft 85. It has 85% LT (light transmission) and 100% diffusion. The high diffusion rate means plants get bathed in equal light and do not get burned.

Palram makes DynaGlass but it is for commercial use only. I can get it from other out of state sources but the shipping cost adds about $150 for 12 6'x4' panels. Home Depot etc does not even have it available, in Arizona, by special order.

Palram has another agricultural panel called SunSky that comes in translucent (pale white) and clear. It looks equally good. Bronze or dark tint panels mean only 25-45% LT, not so good.
i can just order from a greenhouse catalog through the store i work at and be able to get good quality panels at a good price...

Here's the progression. The Secret garden patio has two walls against the house and two free-standing walls added. The polycarbnate corrugated panels from Lowe's are 8 feet long. They end 1 foot short of the outer wood frame wall that has rolled "bamboo/reed" from Home Depot stretched over it, twice for privacy. It still ventilates well and the roof panels drop water into the bordering rock planters.

The whole area is on drip with a timer. The solid wood wall that doesn't have the rolled reed covering has the huge jasmine plant on both sides of it. Flagstone and found rocks from desert washes and select hillsides make the rock planter borders. I cut out a window and put in the smallets sliding glass door I could find, five feet wide.

Ideally it would face south - southwest for best year-round light. Mine only gets direct sunlight in June-Sept from about 8am to 4pm. Still enough, but could be better. I have 4 - 65watt corkscrew CFLs (5500k) that prevented early flowering when the girls went in Rootmaker air-pruning soft pots here on May 1. The lights stayed on until August 15 or so to extend the veg cycle, keeping it at 15 hours of light instead of the 13-14 in May and August.

In southern Arizona the temps are good enough that even the Malawi 99 which just started to flower will be able to get through to November.

Peace,
Madjag

mine is actually a breezeway between two buildings and unfortunately on the north side of the house so im going to have to build a high wall facing south and paint it white to reflect enough light into the area,it still has decent east and west light coming in,so i should be able to make a nice plant conservatory for all the tropicals i have,plus maybe a small fish pond for a few koi and comets...

T

THE PABLOS

Took a early sample

Took a early sample

decided to cut me off an early sample off Fuck Show selection #2....a down lower little flower

Just enough for a few joints...let it dry for a few days...twist her up....see what she's going to be like

Morning apple harvest...part of the 2nd harvest off the tree...still have a 3rd harvest...get to it next week

Unexposed greenhouses...that's the way to go. Aroma is always the tricky one outdoors...so I guess it depends on situation...but I prefer to stay low. I don't know how a greenhouse would effect my aroma situation...as it is...the breeze generally will carry it up and away. In the mornings...not at all....I'd be concerned a greenhouse would enable the aroma to hang around longer in the night sink and early morning

The pit stinks like hell....the aroma comes into my bedroom at night...we breathe stank all night long. No joke...no way you could play it off

T

THE PABLOS

Evening Shots

Evening Shots

Down in the pit as the sun fell behind the ridge...flushing flowers...snapped a couple pix

T

THE PABLOS

The Fuck Show sisters are fat assed girls. This is the most stench ridden pit grow I've experienced to date. Unreal how the smell spreads in the still of night (at this moment)...when there is no breeze and the air is thick...weighted down on the ground. It creeps into my windows..wakes me up

T

THE PABLOS

Weather forecast pushes Selection #2 harvest

Weather forecast pushes Selection #2 harvest

There is moisture moving east to west. This is not T-cell build up...more like a front moving through. Tomorrow has a decent chance at being wet.

She flushed for just about 2wks...I had hoped to go another week before harvesting...but it's not worth the risk..and she's looking done enough. I wanted to lessen the harvest work load (not have to process all 3 sisters at once) and by removing #2..I'll have more space to jerry rig up a tarp for her sisters...in the coming weather (if it happens). Mostly on mind...was to anchor off at least one harvest...make it secure. "A bird in hand" kind of thought process

...any rain now..with the density in the Fuck Show flowers...would most certainly turn into a mold issue. I need to keep them as dry as I can

Fuck Show selection #2 just before I started in on her

Buckets of her tops....I kept the lower buds for hash making (not shown)

Hanging to dry...basic field manicure applied

Last edited:

You got em where ya want homie !! Nuttin like a whiff of stanky pit to wake ur ass in the AM...all up in peace!

T

THE PABLOS

Remaining Fuck Show sisters

Remaining Fuck Show sisters

I wasn't here when it rained today...but was out in the woods..and in the same wave of moisture...nothing much more than a steady drizzle. Don't think this front will amount to much...still..don't really want the higher RHs the pit is dug in with..now.

Didn't have a cover over the sisters...so they did get washed

These girls are beasts...fat down homers...