What's new

a wicked pulse

bad gas

Greetings delta9nxs!

Watching and learning.

I'm currently experimenting with vertical "tubes" of weed with a light hanging in the middle. If I limit growth to the amount of light I can supply, maybe I can limit larf. I have access to the backside of the screen, so I can practice "rear assault" as necessary or enjoyable. Also experiment with training.

Currently growing in dirt while I dial in my environment. PPK fires up this fall when I can control max temps.

stay safe. bg

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
nothing exotic here. just some 3.5 gal buckets with a tire valve installed in them as low as possible and a lid with a 2.5" hole in the middle and 3/16" holes around the rim. the one larger hole you see around the rim is an optional 7/16" hole should you want to withdraw solution for any reason. a battery acid tool (looks like a baster) from autozone works great for this.

you can just barely make them out but you can see small objects at the base of all the buckets on the caddies. these are 1/4"x2" galvanized lag screws to hold the buckets in position. they protrude 1/2". four on each bucket. made a cardboard template and marked centers for drill pattern.

Last edited:

mcfly420

I thought you had said FarRed was transmitted through leaves simply due to its longer waveLENGTH, so I wanted to remind everyone that the absorption doesnt end at 700nm. Mid IR...anyways

Looks like youre ready to go :woohoo:Hope you can keep up with everything now that the plants are all at the same stage

MedScientist

Oh My D9! You CONTINUE to Inspire Me! Thank You SOooo Much for Sharing!

I Believe you have found/created Heaven on Earth!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I thought you had said FarRed was transmitted through leaves simply due to its longer waveLENGTH, so I wanted to remind everyone that the absorption doesnt end at 700nm. Mid IR...anyways

Looks like youre ready to go :woohoo:Hope you can keep up with everything now that the plants are all at the same stage

i get you now.

yeah it's going to be interesting. i'll try to track hours of labor after i kick it off.

the final rigging is slow and tedious.

later

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Oh My D9! You CONTINUE to Inspire Me! Thank You SOooo Much for Sharing!

I Believe you have found/created Heaven on Earth!

howdy, haven't heard from you in a while! thank you for trying this weird device and for spreading the love around on that other forum that i probably shouldn't mention here.

later

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
one half the sub-irrigation system plumbed and in place. with the flexible tubing the caddies can move anywhere between the wall and the lights and operate.

the lines are 1/4" I.D. polypropylene tubing and are carried off the floor in the center of the caddy.

if you expand the first pic you can see the 3" long pieces of 5/16" I.D. black latex tubing used to connect the poly to the tire valves.

this is just the way i do it. some folks are not comfortable with the tire valves and prefer other methods to link the containers. the 1/2 tubing and grommet tech is familiar to most hydro heads and will work fine. you could use through fittings and a variety of tubing. it doesn't matter as long as the buckets and the reservoir are linked.

but i can tell you that the tire valves are bulletproof and this system does not leak. 500' of the poly is 80 bucks and a bag of 50 tire valves is less than 20 bucks.

the tire valves have all been drilled out to 3/16" to improve flow.

Last edited:

catalyte

Veteran
this looks like a helluva grow room! lots of attn to detail, which I'm sure will pay off in the end... :yes:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Greetings delta9nxs!

Watching and learning.

I'm currently experimenting with vertical "tubes" of weed with a light hanging in the middle. If I limit growth to the amount of light I can supply, maybe I can limit larf. I have access to the backside of the screen, so I can practice "rear assault" as necessary or enjoyable. Also experiment with training.

Currently growing in dirt while I dial in my environment. PPK fires up this fall when I can control max temps.

stay safe. bg

hey, bg! good luck on the ppk start up and your current grow! did you ever work out that vertical light mover you were working on?

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I don't really have much to add, but I wanted to say thank you for sharing. There's a lot of attention to detail here, and the information about the non leaking connections was very appealing to me. One of my main concerns has always been floods, and I would definitely go overkill to avoid that. I've been interested in the PPK thread, but it really is like mining for the information in there. So I'll be following this one.

I'd ask why you used all those smaller AC's. Is it to have multiple failure points, to avoid reliance on a single AC? Better cooling by spacing them throughout the room?

Best wishes :)

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I don't really have much to add, but I wanted to say thank you for sharing. There's a lot of attention to detail here, and the information about the non leaking connections was very appealing to me. One of my main concerns has always been floods, and I would definitely go overkill to avoid that. I've been interested in the PPK thread, but it really is like mining for the information in there. So I'll be following this one.

I'd ask why you used all those smaller AC's. Is it to have multiple failure points, to avoid reliance on a single AC? Better cooling by spacing them throughout the room?

Best wishes :)

thank you!

i wanted redundancy with the ac's. also air flow in the room is very good using their fans on the low setting. with these and the duct fans on the lights plus two wall fans i should be able to keep the air and co2 evenly mixed and temps under control. the ac's have restart memory and they are programmable for hours of operation.

later on

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
the girls day before yesterday.

c-99, hard to see but variegated

the dope

chemdawg g-13

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
sour 13

good dog

bubba og

after the defo session. they were not defoliated indiscriminately. each plant was examined and decisions were made based on structure.

in the last pic you can see a plant that wasn't touched. it is also the only one that has not been topped. it's very short and will probably be the reject as there are 25 here and i need 24.

Last edited:

ILoveit

delta9nxs

Im interested in that connector at the bottom of the containers, is that for the air line, what is it called?

attachment.php

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Looking healthy. What co2 ppm are you going to run? :joint:

welcome!

this is the first time i have run co2. when you read the cannabis growers they are all almost universally pushing 1500 ppm and recommend keeping it between about 1300-1500 ppm. in fact, some generator controllers have non adjustable set points. typically at 1300-1500 ppm.

these people have a lot of credibility as they are making a living from it. people usually don't do things long term that are not productive in general.

we have the greenhouse growers of vegetables and ornamentals. most of these folks are running 900-1200 ppm and say that gets them the best growth or bang for the buck. they too have credibility.

then we have the scientists recommending levels from 750 ppm specifically for cannabis to about 1200 ppm for other crops.

in dr el sohly's paper from the u. of miss he reports the top photosynthetic rate for cannabis at 750 ppm. but that was the highest level he tested.

this is the big flaw in that research paper, but still we have his data showing that 750 ppm produced a very high rate.

so, i think i will set the cppm-4 to fire to 1500 ppm at lights on and then fire back to 1500 ppm every time it gets below 750 ppm during the period except the last 2 hrs.

i will have to observe this for a while to get it right, i'm sure. but it's a good starting point.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
delta9nxs

Im interested in that connector at the bottom of the containers, is that for the air line, what is it called?

View Image

hey, that's one of those rare, exotic, hard to find, much coveted, tire valves they sell at tire stores.

i get bags of 50 for less than 20 dollars.

it is not for air. there are no air pumps used in the ppk. looking at my photos above you will see a reservoir connected to all the plant reservoirs (buckets) using these tire valves.

mine come in a plastic bag labeled tr- 413 and say made in china. great waterproof connectors. easy to install. drill a 7/16" hole and pop the valve in place. remove the valve stem of course. stock valves are good for a "low flow" ppk using just a few plant sites and buckets for controllers and pumps. this iteration can use the cheap drip line from lowes or hd's. i will show a few pics of tire valve tech later.

Latest posts

Latest posts