What's new

a wicked pulse

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Let's see.....imagine a clock with one side missing. The clock has five hands at 12:00....1:30...3:00...4:30.....6:00

I'm assuming a distance of 16" from a bare bulb 1000...so 34" from the far end of the 12:00 hand to the far end of the 6:00 hand? If I can figure out how long to cut each hand there will be a vertical appendage on each end. I will also extend each hand another foot or so past the appendage to allow a second appendage. This will allow two screens per unit.

Having trouble seeing how this radius can be achieved with PVC due to an inability to find couplers with at least five openings and the needed angles. Can anyone offer suggestions? I may have to go with wood.

well, i got as far as the clock with five hands and 6 o'clock when i started having an acid flashback and the fucking clock melted and fell off onto the floor, which ate it and burped.

i use delta9 sketchup, which consist of a piece of scratch paper, a pencil, and a scanner.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Just think... You could invent the trim scene in your area... Hype the shit out of it... Be the first on your block to have girls trimming topless... Something tells me that Snoop and Larry will agree with me.

"girls trimming topless"

you may have a couple of good points there!

well, i got as far as the clock with five hands and 6 o'clock when i started having an acid flashback and the fucking clock melted and fell off onto the floor, which ate it and burped.

i use delta9 sketchup, which consist of a piece of scratch paper, a pencil, and a scanner.

Not surprised...where the hell do you think I got the image in the first place? That delta9s ketchup sounds tasty.

but back to trimming, i think this whole trimming thing has gotten out of hand. who started this shit anyway? i would like to smack him in the funny bone with a ball peen hammer. peening end.

i can understand the need to remove the larger stems and the big fan leaves. but really, removing bud leaves that are absolutely covered in trichs is kind of silly.

most of the cali bud i see here has been totally anal-lised.

so, i don't think i'll be doing any more trimming in the regular sense. i'm just going to de-stem the bud and whack fan leaves with petioles.

as it is handled most of the bud leaves will fall off anyway and i'll keep separating the bud from it

we don't have the dispensary scene here and i have the best smoke around so i don't have the competitive pressure you west coasters do.

i ran a few lb's out that had been treated like this just before i tore down the other show and no one complained.

I gotta disagree with ya on this, D9. Leafy buds are nowhere near as tasty as well-trimmed buds. I hate the taste of chlorophyll. The folks who get my buds (mine are the best around my circle) hate the taste of chlorophyll. And they straight up will balk at paying top $$ for casually trimmed weed. This is why I will go to great lengths to allow the plants to lose the green and naturally drop all fan leaves before harvest. Just my 2 cents on that, though.

stagehand

D

DHF

You know.....I think what a lotta folks don`t take into consideration bout trimmin is the strain dependency of more trich covered leafy material close to the nugs on more indica dominant hybrids , and waaaaay less to the more sativa dominant sides of the equation....so..that said....

The 50/50 bitch I ran for many many yrs while being a more stretchier limb and cola dominant variety , was still VERY indica dominant in nug structure , and .....

There`s no way possible I could peel back all the sticky sugar leaf directly next to the good shit when I trimmed on the vine before hangin , and all I could do was to get close as possible and let the rest wrap around and preserve moisture in said nuggage during the drying/curing process that worked out well.....now.....

The Chlorophyll smell/taste IME comes from improperly dried/cured nugs that`re rushed to market without having enough time to offgas and get rid of all that hay smellin and nasty ass taste that I assure yas will go away with proper dehumidification down to 62% during the burping/ open bagging process till shit`s where it needs ta be for final consumption.....

Proper airflow "around " the hangin plants/limbs along with dehuey`s runnin to dry up the moisture and kill chlorophyll in the process till the nugs are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside before Jarring or bagging , is the proper process to work toward......bet on it.....

Cigar store RH digital monitors that`re small enough to drop in bags/jars to know when dope hits that magic 62% where no airborn pathogens can evolve , and is just right for consumption will make yas happy......and....

Puttin headies in the freezer once they`re where yas want final product put it in suspended animation and will be just as potent as the day it was put in said freezer yrs from now.....guaranteed...Hell.....

I found a quart mason jar of my long lost mex skunk in my chest freezer several yrs after losin her , and was amazed at the quality that brought back fond memories.....

Nuff said.....Strain dependent and legal or illegal markets dictate how far the trimmin process goes....Potsnob dispensaries won`t touch my left coast GrowBro`s shit unless it`s raped and pillaged naked and waaay drier than necessary that proliferates the degradation process killing potency and taste....guaranteed....

My 2 centavo`s from all them yrs....DHF....:ying:.....

real ting

You know.....I think what a lotta folks don`t take into consideration bout trimmin is the strain dependency of more trich covered leafy material close to the nugs on more indica dominant hybrids , and waaaaay less to the more sativa dominant sides of the equation....so..that said....

The 50/50 bitch I ran for many many yrs while being a more stretchier limb and cola dominant variety , was still VERY indica dominant in nug structure , and .....

There`s no way possible I could peel back all the sticky sugar leaf directly next to the good shit when I trimmed on the vine before hangin , and all I could do was to get close as possible and let the rest wrap around and preserve moisture in said nuggage during the drying/curing process that worked out well.....now.....

The Chlorophyll smell/taste IME comes from improperly dried/cured nugs that`re rushed to market without having enough time to offgas and get rid of all that hay smellin and nasty ass taste that I assure yas will go away with proper dehumidification down to 62% during the burping/ open bagging process till shit`s where it needs ta be for final consumption.....

Proper airflow "around " the hangin plants/limbs along with dehuey`s runnin to dry up the moisture and kill chlorophyll in the process till the nugs are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside before Jarring or bagging , is the proper process to work toward......bet on it.....

Cigar store RH digital monitors that`re small enough to drop in bags/jars to know when dope hits that magic 62% where no airborn pathogens can evolve , and is just right for consumption will make yas happy......and....

Puttin headies in the freezer once they`re where yas want final product put it in suspended animation and will be just as potent as the day it was put in said freezer yrs from now.....guaranteed...Hell.....

I found a quart mason jar of my long lost mex skunk in my chest freezer several yrs after losin her , and was amazed at the quality that brought back fond memories.....

Nuff said.....Strain dependent and legal or illegal markets dictate how far the trimmin process goes....Potsnob dispensaries won`t touch my left coast GrowBro`s shit unless it`s raped and pillaged naked and waaay drier than necessary that proliferates the degradation process killing potency and taste....guaranteed....

My 2 centavo`s from all them yrs....DHF....:ying:.....

I gotta agree, the dispensary buds I have seen from friends are trimmed to the point trichs are getting clipped off and the quality seriously suffers.

Most of the best personal I have gotten a hold of has all the fan leaves removed, but some of the sugar leaves left on to wrap and protect the buds. You can always trim them off before you break it up for the joint, and the buds stay much nicer that way IMO. Hell I keep a sharp pair of scissors and a shotglass next to the ash tray for just that purpose.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I gotta disagree with ya on this, D9. Leafy buds are nowhere near as tasty as well-trimmed buds. I hate the taste of chlorophyll. The folks who get my buds (mine are the best around my circle) hate the taste of chlorophyll. And they straight up will balk at paying top $$ for casually trimmed weed. This is why I will go to great lengths to allow the plants to lose the green and naturally drop all fan leaves before harvest. Just my 2 cents on that, though.

stagehand

hey, buddy!

i never said my buds went out leafy. almost all of those leaves fall off during handling and curing. they are just not quite as tight looking as anal bud from cali. but they still look good and have bag appeal. i'll show some pics when this one is done.

as far as the chlorophyll content, like fred said it disappears somewhere during the cure.

drying procedure for me is a room at 68f and 40-45% rh, constant.

i propose an informal poll here. i also weigh the wet material and then dry it to 25% of wet weight. then it is cured four weeks using containers and the burping method. it usually goes out at around 22% of wet weight.

if any of you weigh wet and dry, it would be interesting to hear what percentage you go for dry.

my people get their moneys worth and they know it.

i don't flush either yet they all say my bud is the smoothest smoking they have tried.

i have a very devoted group of patients that i'm very grateful for.

your clients said my bud is better than yours. nyah! nyah! nyah! and mom likes me best.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
"nasty ass taste"

hey, fred, exactly what type of ass are we talking about here? i mean, some ass is nastier than others!

zeke99

hell yeah dude, nothing that I've grown using the PPK, and I've thrown random seeds in there, produces harsh smoke. Not even close.

The PPK is scientifically advanced. Your momma can't handle the truth.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hell yeah dude, nothing that I've grown using the PPK, and I've thrown random seeds in there, produces harsh smoke. Not even close.

The PPK is scientifically advanced. Your momma can't handle the truth.

hey, zekester! i haven't heard from you in a while!

but yo momma is so fat that ......

hey, buddy!

i never said my buds went out leafy. almost all of those leaves fall off during handling and curing. they are just not quite as tight looking as anal bud from cali. but they still look good and have bag appeal. i'll show some pics when this one is done.

as far as the chlorophyll content, like fred said it disappears somewhere during the cure.

drying procedure for me is a room at 68f and 40-45% rh, constant.

i propose an informal poll here. i also weigh the wet material and then dry it to 25% of wet weight. then it is cured four weeks using containers and the burping method. it usually goes out at around 22% of wet weight.

if any of you weigh wet and dry, it would be interesting to hear what percentage you go for dry.

my people get their moneys worth and they know it.

i don't flush either yet they all say my bud is the smoothest smoking they have tried.

i have a very devoted group of patients that i'm very grateful for.

your clients said my bud is better than yours. nyah! nyah! nyah! and mom likes me best.

Now we know where you get those yields...

I'm usually at just above 20% with a 65% humidity level. Used to throw buds away but haven't since reading Simon's thread. Those tiny hygrometers in a few jars....genuis.

G

Guest 142956

The best percentage from wet to dry I have gotten curing as you do is 24%. 22% is about right generally.

Ghudda

Getting much closer to having my PPK going. Procured quite a bit of equipment this past week. Still need to grab a few more things and do a bit of remodeling and I'll be on my way.

What are the top 2-3 strains in your guys' opinions? I'm intent on bringing a plant to between 36-42inches if possible and tying back to some Ichabod Crane-looking screens. They'll be in 3.5gal buckets.

Ideally I'd like to grow one long-lasting "body low" strain and another that's more of a head high. If I can narrow my research a bit that'd be great. If not at first, looking at eventually having a separate environment for dialing in each strain individually.

Order of importance:
Yield
Powerful and/or lasting effect
Taste?

The only strains I have access to off the top of my head would be Bubba Kush and Hindu Kush. If either of those is ideal that would be great as picking a superior plant to clone has already been done for those two.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey, i don't think you are going to find a consensus on that question. maybe if you asked people what they have tried lately that they really like.

of the stuff i'm running here i haven't tried the bubba og, the good dog, or the c99. the sour 13 and the chemdawg g13 are both big strong high yielding plants. both are potent and good pain killer types. nice flavors.

but the dope is the kind of stuff everyone takes a hit or two of at a party and then says "wow". clear headed, energetic type experience without the anxiety. great floral flavor. i can't quite identify what it reminds me of but it's very nice. smooth smoking. fun. potent, last for hours.

there are so many good choices now.

later

Hey Delta9,
I know you followed Gettogro's progress with the G-13 on another site. He ended up going all Wifi OG on yer ass. Did you look into that strain as a PPK victim?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
no, i didn't get that far on that thread on another forum where they like to roll things in a direction opposite of down.

but it sounds great. i would love to try it along with hundreds of other strains that i will never get to.

there is just not enough time.

i've still got all kinds of stuff laying around from my little buying binge late last year.

and baggies full of labeled seed from arcata, thank you whoever you are. you gave them to a beautiful dark haired lady from the south.

D

DHF

"nasty ass taste"

hey, fred, exactly what type of ass are we talking about here? i mean, some ass is nastier than others!
Waaaaay back when I started growin outside in the mid 70`s , we planted 10 plant plots starting April 1st and kept puttin em out every couple weeks till July 1st to hedge our bet s against critters and termites eatin our plants.......

Our first crop tasted like ASS D9 cuz we didn`t know dick about growin dope , but my hippie ass genius botany major partner found out why with the quickness.....and....

The drying /hanging process was combined with the jarring/bagging/burping process for the proper cure before going to market from that point on.......and....

It was babyshit simple after that.....

Chlorophyll leaching is to be dealt with , and gets easier with major defoliation after complete end of stretch till end of cycle.....cuz..........

Green leafy matter left with limbs and plants during the drying process BEFORE burping and curing promotes that ASS taste and smell from chlorophyll being more dominant than the curing terpenes and such from the strain itself IME....anyways....

Never flushed a plant in my life , but rather dwindled ppm`s down toward the end below 200 ppm`s and let proper dry and cure take care of the rest.....

Respect D9....DHF.....:ying:.....

Latest posts

Latest posts