What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Malawi at about 5.5 weeks from flipping to 11.5/12.5
The pics don't do them justice. Fantastic resin and beautiful smell.

Hi hard rain,

I'm glad you are enjoying the smells and resin production of your Malawi.
Do you use only LEDs for the flowering ?

Always interesting to see how the genetics performs with different kind of lights.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Somehow I think I found my malawi keeper...
Trichs are all over the place and the size of golf balls ;), I bet smoking the main stem would get you buzzed good.

Pics @ 65days still throwing pistils all over the place.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65749&pictureid=1567728&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65749&pictureid=1567727&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
ZD

Welcome ZanzibarDawa,

Nice resins! How are the aromas in late flowering ?
Looks like she will be ready soon. Thanks for share it too!

looks like a keeper for sure!
how is the smell or odor?
More woody oily or more forest fruit sweet?
thx
M.:tiphat:
Refined would be the wrong word for sure!
Mainly woody, oily, very dense, heavy (not in the sense of stinky, doesn't smell that strongly at all), some forest soil and a very slight sweetness in the background.
So a pretty typical old school dense african profile. I really like it, but then I'm not a fan of those artificial fruit aroma and bubblegum smells.

ZD

Welcome ZanzibarDawa,

Nice resins! How are the aromas in late flowering ?
Looks like she will be ready soon. Thanks for share it too!

Thanks Dubi for those wonderful genetics!

She looks further on the photos than she really is, she is still throwing a lot of fresh pistils and there isn't too much on the plant yet.
So I think she will go a few more weeks and pack. If not she would be a poor yielder but I can't really imagine that.

ZD

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Refined would be the wrong word for sure!
Mainly woody, oily, very dense, heavy (not in the sense of stinky, doesn't smell that strongly at all), some forest soil and a very slight sweetness in the background.
So a pretty typical old school dense african profile. I really like it, but then I'm not a fan of those artificial fruit aroma and bubblegum smells.

ZD

Yes, that's the classic african Malawi aroma: oily, woody, with an organic fermented background, usually with some slight sweet/citric aromas.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
New Malawi Killer cannabinoid analysis

New Malawi Killer cannabinoid analysis

New Malawi Killer cannabinoid analysis, the sample was grown outdoors organically. Almost 23 % THC :)

Attachments

• Malawi New Killer análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    Malawi New Killer análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 26

Waldgeist

Nice to see you around Waldgeist

I'm glad to see you are still running your Malawi selection.
I also saw you have produced great crosses between haze hybrids and Malawi, great job!

yo dubi,

i just keep my 1seed fem selection around
as this particular plant is something else :biggrin:

floweringday 83

she stacks over her burned tip

some incoming madness

the plant flowers bitlonger when run on 12/12, think this willgo 16-18 weeks

this cut goes about
10/14= 12weeks
11/13= 14 weeks
12/12= 16 weeks ++

tbh, it will exeed our imagination when grown on a fullslab

Waldgeist

the crosses were done by yo sammy,
following selection by me

C5 x Malawi (reg male):

NevHz x Malawi (samemale) :

some kind regards, malawi growers!
23889529535_58bf4010f4_h.jpg

subrovka

beautiful plants and pictures!

do you still know the pot-size in the first picture? could this be a 1.7L palm-tree pot? i have a couple of those palm tree pots and am not sure if they are big enough for some malawis in soil 12/12 from seed..? i mean this malawi cross looks superb!!fatty! are these 1.7L?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
yo dubi,

i just keep my 1seed fem selection around
as this particular plant is something else :biggrin:

floweringday 83

[URL=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1466/24980579810_728a43f760_h.jpg]View Image[/URL]

she stacks over her burned tip

[URL=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1624/24649412823_b4868beada_h.jpg]View Image[/URL]

some incoming madness

[URL=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1512/24980591480_b1b5eac0c2_h.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1544/25249929586_1e9b06beeb_h.jpg]View Image[/URL]

the plant flowers bitlonger when run on 12/12, think this willgo 16-18 weeks

this cut goes about
10/14= 12weeks
11/13= 14 weeks
12/12= 16 weeks ++
tbh, it will exeed our imagination when grown on a fullslab

nice flowers.. question.. do u see a difference in potency between the 12/14 and 16 week plants??

Waldgeist

beautiful plants and pictures!

do you still know the pot-size in the first picture? could this be a 1.7L palm-tree pot? i have a couple of those palm tree pots and am not sure if they are big enough for some malawis in soil 12/12 from seed..? i mean this malawi cross looks superb!!fatty! are these 1.7L?

Those treepots are 9x9x21cm, about 1,4 liter volume.
I just put 7,5cm square rockwool cubes into the top section of those pots atm.

Imo its possible to flower anything in any size of media volume,
the limiting factor is always the possible feeding rate you can maintain without letting it dry out, stay too saturated or get a nasty pH breakdown somewhere in progress.

12/12 from seed in 1,7 liter soil is sure no problem, just be prepared to do some light feedings when the soil is worn out after few weeks.
How often you will have to water them depends on your setup like the size of your light(s) and air movement.
A treepot by its design is better watered from below, for subirrigation with soil you must choose a medium that has a good wicking ability (peat based) and allows to be saturated by ~ 2/3 of its height when the pot is placed into a shallow tray that is flooded to 1-2cm.

nice flowers.. question.. do u see a difference in potency between the 12/14 and 16 week plants??

the longer, the stronger:)

Yes, that's the classic african Malawi aroma: oily, woody, with an organic fermented background, usually with some slight sweet/citric aromas.

Here is a shot of that lady. The resin production is remarkable, especially the size of the trichomes!
For some reason she does not seem to pack that much. She is about 10 weeks in now (she was grown from seed, not from clone) and was topped.

What is your take, does she have more to show or is she giving up already?

Either way I'll run her again if the smoke is anywhere close to what I imagine it will be.

ZD

Attachments

• mal body.jpg
    mal body.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 23
  • mal close.jpg
    mal close.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 25

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
doesn't look like it will put any more mass on. It really doesn't look like any malawi i have seen. Maybe it's special? hah

wait to see how it smokes

onefinity

Dubi- I am surprised that they do not test for the presence of THCV - do you think THCV is present in this plant, and do you feel it may influence the high to be as potent as people report? Thank you!

bigbadbiddy

New Malawi Killer cannabinoid analysis, the sample was grown outdoors organically. Almost 23 % THC :)

Hi dubi!

Did ACE get all their strains tested by Fundacion Canna?
I started going through the strains for each thread but got a little tired of searching to be honest.

Would love to go through all the lab analysis and compare strains to each other in the process.
If you got more strains analyzed I would suggest a thread posting all these analysis results for easy access. Or maybe release them on your website?

I for one would love that and it would also improve my regard of ACE as a reputable and serious breeder even more. I think it could only help.
I'm generally speaking a bit frustrated by the lack of cannabinoid and terpene profiles released by breeders. Very rare to find any info like that at all and I imagine it is easy to get your strains analyzed for breeders in this day and age.

Any plans on terpene profile analysis for your strains in the future? I would assume Fundacion Canna is equipped to do that too?

Cheers and greetings