What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

i simply LOVE my Malawii.... its not the tastier, nor the fastest, but the overall Malawii experience is just AWSOME, not to mention, that the hash, is some FINE medicine.... so so powerfull!! thanx Dubi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm glad you are enjoying your Malawi crazyfool ;)

Here's a rare malawi pheno with pinkish pistils, grown and shared by Ed.

Attachments

• malawi pink.jpg
    malawi pink.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 26
  • malawi pink2.jpg
    malawi pink2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 29
  • malawi pink3.jpg
    malawi pink3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 28
  • malawi pink4.jpg
    malawi pink4.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 27

2st4this

good evening luis,

this pink pistils are beautiful
is only the color differ or did this phenotype shows other varieties to more often found phenotypes?
thank's for sharing this informations.

best regards and a nice weekend :tiphat:

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3rd generation new killer Malawi pollinated, producing 4th generation malawis.

Dubi, when will the 4th gen malawis go on sale? I'm just about ready to embark on a malawi journey next year and I think the timing would be perfect.

therevverend

Veteran
Started my Malawi outdoors in July. Moved them indoors when the rains came mid October under a 400 watt HPS. Has worked out well except for the powdery mildew, thrips, and spider mites I brought in with them. Didn't spray because they were flowering. Here's the smallest one.
picture.php

And a close up of the main cola.
picture.php

Nice fruity sativa smells. Compact growth with long main colas.

therevverend

Veteran
The great part about my Malawi seeds, I bought the pack at a dispensary a couple miles from my house. Five years ago this would be unheard of. They had a bunch of Cannabiogen and Ace. Crazy how the place I live has become cannabis funland.

2st4this

producing first generation 'JackiesDrunkenMaster'

:friends:

prost
smiley_abzv.gif

wow zanddar your malawi looks great!
@therevverend yours is also very nice.
hope you have lots of fun with this genetic, its not easy to wait with germination after seeing such beautiful ladies :tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
Wow Waldgeist so frosty. That cross is gonna be killer! Love the way you take things in the opposite direction that logic dictates. The Malawi is too early and doesn't run enough, lets cross it with Ghana!
Zanaddar your stuff makes mine look like kiddie stuff. Your posts were the ones that showed me it was possible to just kill it with some of these strains none of that scraggly half regenerating air buds. Inspires me to try harder.
My Malawi phenos are so different from each other. 3 of them have the classic flower tower of power shape I expect from Malawis.
picture.php

picture.php

There's a couple thin leaf sativa types. They are 3-4 weeks behind everything else. Stretching up into the light I've had to tie them down so they don't get too tall. Curious how they'll turn out and if they can outrun the pests.
Then there's the weird one with a mix or stretchy sativa minibuds that look like an Indica hashplant. It was the first to get pungent and frosty. It seems to easily be the most potent and fastest finishing so far. Have a feeling a couple of the others will surpass it before finish.
picture.php

I want to do a leaf by leaf comparison to contrast the amount of variation in structure. The slow thin leaves are very different from the short fat quicker wider leaf ones. One of them has wide three prong leaves. I feel that leaf structure is partly genetic and partly environmental. My cold short days up here in the north favor wider leaves. But some of the plants are so genetically disposed to thin leaf they don't adjust. I feel that many of our assumptions about "Indicas" and "Sativas" are going to be shattered once people are able to do some hard research.

Painfull

Does everybody let their Malawi go for the full 14 weeks or longer or do you like a shorter flowering time for a more up high?

Painfull:biggrin:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Rev nice looking plants they look the real thing, with Malaw even though its accepted to be a pure sativa, the arabs and later Indians were in Africa long before the Europeans discoverd africa, its not too much of a stretch to think one or two liked the ganja and brought their own seeds over to mix with the local strains. This explains the variation that comes up now and then ie wider leaves sweeter taste ect.
If you are lucky enough to find different pheno's treasue them.
Tangwena

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Near 8 weeks

Near 8 weeks

Malawi buds up front and another in back.

Tangwena have weed will travel. I would carry my best seeds with me to new lands too.
Could explain why some regions have very distinct strains, due to climate and mixing.

Thx Rev. You should know I only like to grow the best. :biggrin:

Painfull I let all my plants go until I think they are prime.
The only time they come down early is when I don't like them and I don't grow many I don't like.

Sticky Buds Stay Tuned

Attachments

• M13-001.jpg
    M13-001.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 34
  • M13-002.jpg
    M13-002.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 32
  • M13-003.jpg
    M13-003.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 35
  • M13-004.jpg
    M13-004.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 37
my malwii is completing 80 days today.... I´m eager to pull her down, as some buds seem ready, while others keep shooting pistils....I will start flushung her out! buds are sparkly, COVERED in resin!