What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

idiit

Veteran
Can anyone give some idea as to how the Ace Malawi compares to the Malawi from other breeders?

ace's malawi is a very potent narcotic malawi. the frosty mum is the queen, but there are other very interesting phenos; purple, early, etc.

afropips and others have released versions of malawi gold that is more up, energetic.

all the good malawis seem to be famous for psychoactivity, potency, hardiness and pretty nice bud structure for sativas.

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
Here's my Malawi clone at about 12 1/2 weeks. Not quite sure how much longer I'm gonna let her go. Don't want to do her a disservice by taking her too early but she's looking a bit long in the tooth and pistil development is very sporadic at this point. Trichs appear to be cloudy. She was grown under 11/13 light - still haven't figured out whether that affects speed of maturity.

that Malawi is a producer - for sure :good:

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some small nugs from the plant I just took down.
Have the other one coming down in a week or so.
Produces large sticky,dense bud with very little leaf.
Has a woody resin smell and very unique.
Only need a few puffs and lasts for hrs.

Good Day

Attachments

• Malawi 001.jpg
    Malawi 001.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Malawi 002.jpg
    Malawi 002.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Malawi 003.jpg
    Malawi 003.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Malawi 004.jpg
    Malawi 004.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Malawi 005.jpg
    Malawi 005.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Malawi 006.jpg
    Malawi 006.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 42
  • Malawi 007.jpg
    Malawi 007.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Malawi 008.jpg
    Malawi 008.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 46

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I love the way you grow them and describe them Zanddar , your pics and your attitude towards the plants are always an inspiration for others to improve their skills with indoor sativas;) Great show as usual!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's my Malawi clone at about 12 1/2 weeks. Not quite sure how much longer I'm gonna let her go. Don't want to do her a disservice by taking her too early but she's looking a bit long in the tooth and pistil development is very sporadic at this point. Trichs appear to be cloudy. She was grown under 11/13 light - still haven't figured out whether that affects speed of maturity.

Congrats also to you mayan, your malawi clone looks exploding! biggrin:

I'm really happy to see such great results here at ICMag with our malawi line grown indoors. You are all doing a great job :yes:

Was going to just read this, but after all the pics and wiping the drool from my chin. I really must get this into my gear, like real bad. After trying the Panama already and found a jar I had stashed for emergencies and while high, forgot about it until all out and was so happy when remembered, and of course hid in spot where even I forgot, but did find. Down to last 1/8 and want to cry as not growing due to the tsd thing and still worried that my info got into wrong hands. Friend did finish a couple for me so not to throw plants out and said if I get him a nice filter, he might do some more. Sure the fire weed I have isn't hurting either as most street weed doesn't compare to what genetics I have now. Do feel very blessed with the few I can do thanks to good friends. Hard to find anymore. Sure not even close to how many some grow here, but I hope to do 4, maybe more if I buy him a bigger filter. Don't want him busted over smell either so maybe a 1,000 cfm. Overkill never hurts when comes to safety and smell. Off subject a little sorry. Really great thread and learned some more. Thank you all and Dubi for referring me here. :woohoo:. Malawi. Sounds amazing and what I am looking for as I have such a high tolerance and after trying the Panama too, I am very stoked. Someday over the rainbow, where Malawi birds fly... Smokin some Panama now and probably why so talky. Want to start another Panama right away and hit up with some Blue Santa pollen for some Panama Blues, oh yeh.:tiphat:SR

Painfull

Some nice grows and reports on Malawi. I just got my seeds and want to keep them short in a small aero system 400w hps. I will be bending or tie down if need be but what would be a good height to start to flower at then. Most strains I grow I start to flower at 12" but this strain may grow too tall.

:tiphat:Pain

Tangwena

Veteran
If it helps I started flowering mine at 10 days from seed but I had hight restrictions, but I still got a good yield by topping and lst'ing them, they appear to be very resilient.
Tangwena

Painfull

What was the height before harvest? I just want to get a idea of how high they get in flower. This is indoor?

Thanks,
Pain

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Pain check my diary "ace malawi" under landraces. They got to about 3 feet if your in USA or 1 mtr if you've moved on. I only have 1400mm clearance from the top of the pot to the bottom of the lamp cool tube, I got the 10 days growth from seed, from Aces web site and it worked a treat. The plant was about 8 inches or 200mm tall when I flipped her, she kept on growing while flowering to reach that hight but the colas were 15 inches or 400mm long. I had 6 main colas and 8 secondary colas. I got 450grams dried weight. Though its probably more like 400g now its cured a bit.
Tangwena

dickcorn

Mine were flipped at 10-12 inches( mother and clones) and ended up 4-6+ feet. I tried not giving first two less light( stuck in a corner) first weeks, and yield n potency were greatly affected. Most sativas aren't affected when I do this, so make sure you give them good light from the start. They responded very well to scrog and supper cropping.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was going to just read this, but SR

Good thing I show nice pics so you don't have to read too much with those red eyes.

Malawi is low odor from the plants I have seen.

Panama can be very stinky and the talk of the town.
Very good social weed for conversational thought,but also very dreamy.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even with height restrictions I would not flower any plant under 1 foot.
Just bend it and tie it down to the pot.

Flowered at 1 foot you may see 3 or more feet of growth.
There are very thin stretchy malawi and shorter thicker bushy plants.
I grow the shorter broader leaf malawi.