What's new

A Review: The Mamba USB Grinder

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
As promised here is my review of the Mamba USB grinder. I wanted an electric grinder of some sorts because as I enter my 7th decade, fairly severe arthritis in my hands is making the use of my trust SLX standard hand grinder a pain – literally. Often I find myself really fighting to twist the damn thing – especially when it is a sticky, yummy bud. Since I need to smoke that sticky bud to relieve the arthritis, we have a conundrum.

Enter the Mamba V2-50

mamba.jpg

It is a USB rechargeable herb grinder. $58 Canadian dinero on the zon.

The Mamba base unit where you put the herb . . .

mamba-base-unit.jpg

The business end – the teeth. These and the herb chamber on the base unit are anodized aluminum.

mamba-teeth.jpg

Filled with a small bud. The chamber isn’t big – they say 1 gram capacity - so this is good for a normal good-sized joint.

mamba-filled.jpg

Now we get to the cone. Just throw it away. It is meant to channel the herb as you grind it but it has flimsy plastic tabs that will inevitably break. And fine herb is electrostatically attracted to this plastic thngie, so it will always need cleaning. Jettison it . . .

mamba-cone.jpg

The Mamba seems to grind it to a great consistency for standard use cannabis.

mamba-grind.jpg

mamba-grind-final.jpg

The accessories – a USB cable to charge - but no plug end btw, some cone filling tools and some guitar picks (for cleaning the cone that you threw away) and a couple of those indispensable teenie spoon tools. Bonus!

mamba-tools.jpg

Conclusion: Except for that plastic cone, the Mamba seems to be perfect for what I need. It is reasonably hefty and seems well made. And for $58, it is better than I expected.

And . . . the stunning wine that I had with my birthday dinner with the family – that I cooked as usual.

I raided my cellar for a great one but it was a zero year birthday . . . :rasta:

wine-2000.jpg

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Nice review mate, I bought a cheap version but it lasted a week- that one looks properly designed

Happy Birthday 🥳 I hope you had a good one

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
What did you pair with the Chateau Margaux 2000?

Caesar salad, beef tenderloin steaks with herb butter, oven roasted potatoes. But alas, it was Château Ferrière - a Margaux but not THE Margaux, so just a 3rd Growth. I bought 3 bottles as futures in 2001 and this was my last. It was exquisite. I only had Château Margaux once - a 1997 - in Paris at the Jules Verne Restaurant.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I searched for the grinder above and found that there is a 2 gram model available. Email says it will be here today.

I had to check out the menu at the Jules Verne, and I would eat there (in my dreams).

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I had to check out the menu at the Jules Verne, and I would eat there (in my dreams).

I had a corporate Amex. ;) And I was taking a couple of customers to visit some of manufacturers we represented. Two years before than trip, I took 23 people - 14 customers, spouses and 1 teenager - on the same type of trip to France. That is when I realized that being a tour guide (aka nurse maid, translator, fixer) to a bunch of Americans (and 1 Canadian) in Europe for the 1st time really sucked. There was no Jules Vernes on that trip . . . :cool:

Img00015.jpg

Legalcdn

Arthritis can limit a person for sure. The grinder looks good.

If you can still crank a handle, the androck nut grinder is a great option for weed.

Is the pic in front of Versailles?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Is the pic in front of Versailles?

Yes. One of our manufacturers had booked a tour for us to keep the group entertained. Years later, some of those people were still customers and they claimed that they would travel anywhere - as long as I was the guide. There aren't enough drugs to get me to do it again . . . :cool:

buzzmobile

Veteran
androck nut grinder
That's the first time I heard of that, @Legalcdn , and that is certainly an item that looks like it would do the job. It may be the next in line depending on how long the new Mamba lasts.

It arrived yesterday evening and I found it on the porch this morning. After charging for a couple hours I put it to work. I like the coarse texture of the grind because I smoke joints mainly. It is difficult to roll powder. ;) I am not sure how durable the gears and motor are, but my wife will surely put them to the test. LOL! She can be hard on the equipment around here. I tried it out with the clear cone attached and it seemed to work fine without any static cling. Too many buds in the grinder will bog the motor but the rocker switch can reverse the grinder direction to break it loose (sometimes). I lessened the amount I put in the grinder for much better results.

sajesak

As promised here is my review of the Mamba USB grinder. I wanted an electric grinder of some sorts because as I enter my 7th decade, fairly severe arthritis in my hands is making the use of my trust SLX standard hand grinder a pain – literally. Often I find myself really fighting to twist the damn thing – especially when it is a sticky, yummy bud. Since I need to smoke that sticky bud to relieve the arthritis, we have a conundrum.

Enter the Mamba V2-50

View attachment 19005481

It is a USB rechargeable herb grinder. $58 Canadian dinero on the zon.

The Mamba base unit where you put the herb . . .

View attachment 19005482

The business end – the teeth. These and the herb chamber on the base unit are anodized aluminum.

View attachment 19005483

Filled with a small bud. The chamber isn’t big – they say 1 gram capacity - so this is good for a normal good-sized joint.

View attachment 19005484

Now we get to the cone. Just throw it away. It is meant to channel the herb as you grind it but it has flimsy plastic tabs that will inevitably break. And fine herb is electrostatically attracted to this plastic thngie, so it will always need cleaning. Jettison it . . . read more

View attachment 19005485

The Mamba seems to grind it to a great consistency for standard use cannabis.

View attachment 19005486

View attachment 19005487

The accessories – a USB cable to charge - but no plug end btw, some cone filling tools and some guitar picks (for cleaning the cone that you threw away) and a couple of those indispensable teenie spoon tools. Bonus!

View attachment 19005488

Conclusion: Except for that plastic cone, the Mamba seems to be perfect for what I need. It is reasonably hefty and seems well made. And for $58, it is better than I expected.

And . . . the stunning wine that I had with my birthday dinner with the family – that I cooked as usual.

I raided my cellar for a great one but it was a zero year birthday . . . :rasta:

View attachment 19005489
thank you so much for sharing