What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A question Heath Robinson can't answer

little-soldier

DHF sometimes I feel like there is so much disinformation to keep people from succeding. So far this is my third run with aeroponics has been pretty much a piece of cake. Just make sure you always have about an inch of water sitting at the bottom of your buckets and you don't have to worry about minor power outagages. As for the clogged misters, it doesn't happen if you have an inline filter, a bag filter on your pump and use the proper nutes so like I said.. Disinformation. My only issue with aeroponics so far is I keep getting signs of nute burn once the plants get a certain size with only 450ppm. Im thinking maybe the misters can't get deep enough into the root ball when it gets too big.

DunHav`nFun

Hey LS....I completely understand your take on the rampant disinformation online trust me......so much solid knowledge has fallen thru the cracks over the yrs with all the old sites gone and most all the old heads gone as well …..and hey....by no means was I disrespecting your setup by any means....shit looks very well managed and clean as well.....but.....my reasons mentioned earlier had nothing to do with potential pump failure , clogged misters , inline filters , pump screen bags or proper nutrient choice.....all valid points to address though....

Aero setups are notorious for doing well.....till they don`t....and it`s rootzone temps that rise above 70 degrees in bottom containers from HID lighting overhead and begin anaerobic activity that kills big plants if not aggressively attacked with some type bio-fungicide …...then pray for the best IF you can control environment from then on till end of cycle......now...…

As stated above , your setup looks clean , and for obvious reasons it appears you`ve overcome all the X factors if this is your 3rd round , so respect.....or have you just been lucky.....and since you`re shopping to change setups due to the nature of this thread , go look at the easiest big plant setup there ever was , with multiple 3-4+ lb`ers to it`s tribute with the right strains.....

Delta9nxs PPK threads are full of big plants grown without chillers OR rootzone issues with anaerobic activity since the bulk of the plant`s roots are in the upper container as "air roots/feeder roots above the bottom container that moves juice in and out slowly back to rez…..

Heath`s setups were all fast circulating and if memory serves , that particular plant had several lights around it flippin on and off above and below during the lights on period to cover the whole plant as it grew and flowered.....anyways.....whatever you decide....it`s not rocket science and Heath never did anything fancy , just paid attention to detail and ran as fast a flow through each bottom container as he could......regardless.....Good luck and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …...

little-soldier

Thx DHF no offence taken. As for root rot, I spent hours looking online and finally found the perfect recipe. A mix of hydroguard and sludge destroyer and koombaya!! Last round I was using hydroguard only and my temps were around 68 and still got a bit of root rot. This round my recirculating pump is on 24/7 with temps at 75 and roots have never been whiter :). I couldn't believe it myself lol. I guess you gotta see it to believe it. I really thought root rot would be my nemesis but it seems not anymore. My nemesis is now figuring out why the hell im burning my plants with such low ppm. Once that is figured out, i'll be the happiest little-soldier in the world.

MediMary

Thx DHF no offence taken. As for root rot, I spent hours looking online and finally found the perfect recipe. A mix of hydroguard and sludge destroyer and koombaya!! Last round I was using hydroguard only and my temps were around 68 and still got a bit of root rot. This round my recirculating pump is on 24/7 with temps at 75 and roots have never been whiter :). I couldn't believe it myself lol. I guess you gotta see it to believe it. I really thought root rot would be my nemesis but it seems not anymore. My nemesis is now figuring out why the hell im burning my plants with such low ppm. Once that is figured out, i'll be the happiest little-soldier in the world.
Mind sharing the recipe?

little-soldier

Mind sharing the recipe?
hydroguard at half strength and the sludge destroyer inside a biofilter running 24/7 in the reservoir. The sludge destroyer is really messy as it will create a sludge in the reservoir but it really works if you are will to clean it up every now and then.

MediMary

hydroguard at half strength and the sludge destroyer inside a biofilter running 24/7 in the reservoir. The sludge destroyer is really messy as it will create a sludge in the reservoir but it really works if you are will to clean it up every now and then.
Thank you, do you have a specific brand of sludge destroyer you like to use, do you use the sludge destroyer at the recommended rate on the bottle?

Latest posts

Latest posts