What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A question Heath Robinson can't answer

little-soldier

Hello all,

Since Heath is not really around anymore I was wondering if someone could tell me what these two hoses going through the top of the tank are? The yellow is most likely a power cord and the other Im not sure but If I look through his posts when he explains his system, I see no other hose going to the bottom of his bucket besides maybe the lines for an air pump.

What do you guys think it may be?

copperfacedave

Probably feed line from the Res or brain bucket. There's probably a 2" pipe at the bottom of that bucket which allows water to flow back to the brain. Also Heath didn't use air stones he used water fall effect to oxygenate the water.

DunHav`nFun

Go look at that Billy Liar thread since his grow mimics that bucket setup Heath ran for big plants near the end of his regular internet career.....and yeah.....Cyat and the post above are correct in that you`re looking at feedlines , but I`m almost positive he never ran a pump of any sort in his plant containers , so I doubt that yellow line is a power cord of any sort , but I`ve been wrong before.....just not much.....lol.....anyways.....Good luck and....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …..

little-soldier

Thx guys but I really doubt he would have put his feed lines on that side. the plant basket is on the other side of the container. Besides has anyone ever seen a yellow feed line before? Looking at Billy Liars thread I still can't figure it out.

copperfacedave

It's doesn't matter that the plant is on the other side of the big bucket once the roots are in the water the feed line just pushes new oxygenated and nutrient rich water in. On some systems heath used to have 2 feed lines one going into the plant pot while the plant was small and roots wherent in the big bucket yet and the other going into the big bucket.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3838096&postcount=108

Man I loved heath!

bigbadbillybob

it could be a number of things.
1. a flow and return to a chiller
2 feed from res for use as a waterfall
3 air hose from a larger air pump (but doubtful as Heath never used them to my knowledge)

E

ESTERCHASER

I grew up outside a popular reservation in the north eastern us......ill never forget the elders who grew cannabis laughing at the phish kids who thought they were rockstars because they grew out a few hybrids with decent profiles........"this is not a hard plant to grow" now growing 500-1000 and keeping them happy? thats what seperates the rockstars from the groupies.....these cats would keep their fav cultivars in white pine trees growing in black trash bags.....seen it with my own eyes! My point is theres hundreds of ways to grow, experiment and find what works for you! Its alot more fun than following someone else for me

DunHav`nFun

Thx guys but I really doubt he would have put his feed lines on that side. the plant basket is on the other side of the container. Besides has anyone ever seen a yellow feed line before? Looking at Billy Liars thread I still can't figure it out.[/quoted]Ok Bro.....Let me clarify.....Heath Robinson NEVER ran any setup in his later yrs online except where his pumps were ALWAYS in his rez`s…...He NEVER ran chillers......Never ran ac`s.....only ran air extraction twice per minute for max ambient CO2 absorption inside the grow areas without supplements while maintaining temps in his smaller grow areas......that`s it.....period....finally...…

Heath`s setup`s are/were in the UK and he always used different stuff/equipment than here in the US , so that yellow line could be anything , but I will say this......all his big plant setups were fed in the bottom containers inline for the fastest flow in and out of each container as possible , and that`s all my old ass remembers....His design originated from his old waterfarm units he re designed for faster flow.....

Good luck....DHF.....:ying: …….

E

ESTERCHASER

im getting to old to converse with the younger ones im thinking lol

bigbadbillybob

my money is on it being a water feed pipe from the res.
He didn't put the water pipes into the hydroton/ net pot once they had roots in the bottom of the tank.
And that plant in the pic looks almost cooked.
Its possible the 2nd pipe was also a water feed as , like mentioned earlier, he liked to get a good speed of water movement.

Pity he doesn't post any more, I miss his mega grows, and innovative thoughts on hydro.

little-soldier

Thx again for all your help guys :tiphat:. Im currently doing aero trees and if it doesn't go my way, I was goanna do heath robinsons style so Im gathering as much info as I can. And although I might seem like a copycat I did try pretty much every style out there and I gotta say, nothing beats aeroponics in terms of growth. I get the same size of plant in veg as heath in only 4 weeks compared to 8 weeks in his system. Heres a little peak at the room when they were only 16 days in veg no CO2. I can't imagine WITH CO2 :bow:

I will start a thread soon with all the details and maybe ya'll can chim in :dance013:.

I believe you are wrong bigbadbillybob, in heaths last thread he mentionned the waterfall effect of having a feed line at the top of the plants going down through the hydrotons. It could very well be 2 feed lines though but I guess we will never know :comfort:.

DunHav`nFun

Hey Little soldier.....Just like your silicone tubing`s blue , that yellow line could`ve easily been the same with Heath`s bottom containers.....also.....as you just stated about Heath topfeeding and letting it trickle down thru the hydroton…...again , it`s as I stated earlier that He designed his big plant containers kinda sorta like his modified waterfarms in that the feed like with waterfarms was constant thru a "venturi" tube that forced feed from the bottom container up top and then back down thru the medium while the bottoms were recirculated as fast as possible back to rez if daisy-chained together.....that`s as best as I can remember....and hey I could be wrong....it`s been a minute....but.....

Not many of my `ol bro Heathie`s threads that I`m not familiar with since I was usually part of each 1 back in the day , except for over at RIU.....those threads were duplicated at other private forums where I took part , so.take care and good luck with your aero setup , but as I hope you know as fast as aero can be for vegetative growth , yours is the setup that needs the most bells and whistles for the girls to survive through end of cycle , yet alone thrive and prosper.....but.....

Looks like you`ve got your ducks in a row , so good luck and.....

Peace…..DHF...…:ying: …….

bigbadbillybob

if he used the water pipe to run through he stones, and you are right, he did, then where is this hose on the pic you posted? there is no hose going through the hydroton?
I know Heath chopped and changed things around, always experimenting, and like you say, unless he decides to come out of retirement we will never know

cyat

Veteran
He did use the feed hose differently at times. When I used his system, I put the hose on top of the rocks

Latest posts

Latest posts