What's new

A question for Massachusetts growers

G

Guest 18340

I used to live in Western Mass and I'm thinking of moving back up there. I noticed that NORML list Mass law for growing as @years for up to 50 pounds.
My question is , how do they come to 50 pounds? Do they weigh each plant or is it "one plant = one pound"?
I'm in Florida and I can't take the heat anymore.
Thanks.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
If you're heading up the the northeast evlme2 why not check out Maine? Cultivation of less than 100 plants is a misdemeanor... :chin:

supermanlives

Veteran
lived in mass for long time ,finally moved. worcester area got lots of growers and a worms way nearby.knowing the local cops i bet they weigh rootmass and all. sorry cant help ya on mass laws cause their all over the place in sentencing.maine has a way harsher climate i lived in bangor and many other parts of maine

supermanlives

Veteran
if you get caught with plants then you get a lesser charge then if finished product. if you get caught with serious pounds they start making all kind of charges . intent to do this and that ,dealing ect.

G

Guest 18340

can't be any worse then the state you live in.
Fla is nazi germany and weed are jews
So true bro, so true...

If you're heading up the the northeast evlme2 why not check out Maine? Cultivation of less than 100 plants is a misdemeanor... :chin:
Actually, the wife and I have looked into Maine. But, I have fam in the N.E. 'Jersey and the wife's got fam in NY. Mass is just a little closer.
Plus I know N.E. Mass pretty well having lived there a few years ago.
But yeah, Maine laws are fucking sweet.

lived in mass for long time ,finally moved. worcester area got lots of growers and a worms way nearby.knowing the local cops i bet they weigh rootmass and all. sorry cant help ya on mass laws cause their all over the place in sentencing.maine has a way harsher climate i lived in bangor and many other parts of maine
Maine winters scare me...

UpInTheCut

I live in Mass. but I grow in Maine. In Mass. they don't go by plant numbers, but how much the plant weighs, root ball and all. Plus they have mandatory minimum sentencing. Why grow so close to the most lenient state in America without actually being protected? The drive to Maine is only 2 more hours away from where you are looking now.
If your looking for good Southern Maine towns PM me and I'll help you out.
-UpInTheCut

Z

ZenArcade

I think it all depends on what county and who catches ya. Get caught by town cops because of some incidental shit, get a good ass lawyer and you've got a chance on maybe walking. Get investigated by the state or worse, feds and you've got problems. I would say find what area of MA you want to live in, hit up the newspaper online archives/ court reports and see how things play in that area....MA also has conditional release, substitute probation for first time offenders on non-violent crimes. MA mandatory minimums are for repeat offenders and weight over 50#. I've heard the same about that weighing root ball stuff, if you get a good f-ing lawyer sometimes they can argue you out of that......good luck. Fuck Florida.

igrowone

Veteran
i see you mentioned family in NY
NY may be moving in a positive direction, certainly has a ways to go
but the latest MMJ news in the legislature is trending quite positive
for small grows, you may want to check the current laws, NY is actually better then Mass on small grows, at least by laws on the books

G

Guest 18340

another masshole in the making . welcome
LOL, I heard people calling each other that when I lived up there. And everything is "wicked". lol

I live in Mass. but I grow in Maine. In Mass. they don't go by plant numbers, but how much the plant weighs, root ball and all. Plus they have mandatory minimum sentencing. Why grow so close to the most lenient state in America without actually being protected? The drive to Maine is only 2 more hours away from where you are looking now.
If your looking for good Southern Maine towns PM me and I'll help you out.
-UpInTheCut
Well, where I lived in Mass was very close to the Conn border (I lived in W.Springfield) so I was just a little over an hours drive south to my fam in Bergen county NJ.
BUT, Maine's weather beats the hell outta Florida "Growhouse eradication Act".

I think it all depends on what county and who catches ya. Get caught by town cops because of some incidental shit, get a good ass lawyer and you've got a chance on maybe walking. Get investigated by the state or worse, feds and you've got problems. I would say find what area of MA you want to live in, hit up the newspaper online archives/ court reports and see how things play in that area....MA also has conditional release, substitute probation for first time offenders on non-violent crimes. MA mandatory minimums are for repeat offenders and weight over 50#. I've heard the same about that weighing root ball stuff, if you get a good f-ing lawyer sometimes they can argue you out of that......good luck. Fuck Florida.
My grows always stay small so I was looking to keep under the 50 pound mark in Mass.
I actually do look up the periodicals up there, lol. Growers think alike.

i see you mentioned family in NY
NY may be moving in a positive direction, certainly has a ways to go
but the latest MMJ news in the legislature is trending quite positive
for small grows, you may want to check the current laws, NY is actually better then Mass on small grows, at least by laws on the books
Believe me, if NY gets their act together I am DEF moving back up there!
I can't even begin to tell you guys how fucked up the laws are down here...

supermanlives

Veteran
ya screw florida. i lived in several places there too. never saw another state that would set you up ,sell you a dimebag and repo your car then auction it off. i told my friends to ride a bike. i aint loosing my car over a dimebag of weed

UpInTheCut

I love Mass
I've had free Health Insurance for the past 3 years.. MJ is decriminalized, for a ounce or less 100 dollar fine.
The smell of MJ in a car/house in Mass does not equal probable cause to search anymore... SWEEET !!!!!
I'm starting see people smoking MJ in public in Boston/Cambridge (just last night actually, walking down the street)
and the BEST sports teams in America
Red Sox nation all the way!!!!
-UpInTheCut

IceCream

yea mass isn't a bad place to be, red sox all day . celts are a lil disappointing though, but hey nothing a lil chem cant help .

fat-rob

hey evlme2,
im also from western mass. But i moved 3 years ago to the midwest and im thinking of going back. I lived in chicopee, and thats funny, a close family member of mine used to own an apartment building in west springfield that he rented out, on main street. I remember back in the day on main st. J&T Grinders was just a couple lots down and they had some awesome hot grinders, and the fireworks were awesome there as well. Small world. The state i live in now is a 4 year mandatory sentence, i want to go back to massachusetts. Good luck on going back up there, compared to all 50 states the laws are not bad up there.

-fat rob

The smell of MJ in a car/house in Mass does not equal probable cause to search anymore... SWEEET !!!!!

I'm starting see people smoking MJ in public in Boston/Cambridge (just last night actually, walking down the street)
and the BEST sports teams in America
Red Sox nation all the way!!!!
-UpInTheCut

Woah ... woah ... WHAT!?

Are you absolutely 100% positive on that ???

and as far as sports go ... if thats your thing ... there is no shortage of sports bars in MA.

Music on the other hand =
Boston in the East and NorthHampton in the West ...
Lots of great venues catering to diverse tastes.

Plus you've got the Spring and Fall sponsored Worm Town Festivals at Camp KaWaNee (spelling?) ... great little festies that ALWAYS have a 24-hour a day Bon-Fire with drum circles :dance013:

FUCKING WICKED ... (its grown on me the past 10 years i've been here :D)

jm420

Veteran
Check out Milforddailynews.com guy got busted yesterday and sounds like he's Fucked and its a shitty little grow

floater

that rootball weigh-in shit is bullshit. weighing dirt? any lawyer, or jury for that matter, would rip that charge into pieces.

anybody with half a brain won't buy into it. they can charge you with 300 lbs of literal dirt. if it actually went to trial, no local jury in mass is sending someone to jail for 10 or 20 plants and a truckload of dirt that weighs heavy.

funny how people buy into rumours.

Mass is progressive/liberal in the eastern side of the state, more conservative west of 495. but as a whole, pretty libertarian in regards to pot. i've heard of a couple folks busted with decent sized grows in western. the result, probation.

floater

Check out Milforddailynews.com guy got busted yesterday and sounds like he's Fucked and its a shitty little grow

the dude was growing in a converted fridge. nobody goes to jail, outside of oklahoma, for growing in a fridge. what the fuck are you tlaking about? use your head.

http://www.milforddailynews.com/highlight/x2071994682/Police-serve-warrant-find-pot-plants
he'll get a slap on the wrist. the media sensationalizes everything. it's what they're in business to do.

c'mon, folks. think for a minute about what you're saying.

Latest posts

Latest posts