What's new

A note on "organics".

T

toodles

K.J said:
I do use the advanced search, and it's pretty useless too. I get tons of hits on my searches, but none seem that applicable to what I'm searching for.

LK is used for more than weed growing.

If you aren't finding what you want here, go "Google" for it. If you're so good at googling, it should be easy for you to find info on LK.

And then when you find out all about LK, you can report back here and fill us in on what you find out about it.

Toodles
:rasta:

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Liquid Karma is mostly liquid humus, kelp and molasses. They add amino acids and the stuff that's contained in Thrive Alive. It's not 100% organic but it helps in the organic medium by providing carbohydrates (molasses), micro and micro nutes (kelp) and humic acids (liquid worm castings). I use it. But you don't have to if you use a good organic growing recipe.
Burn1

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
i think of organic more as a style of growing. i have learned and apllied so much from the gurus here and cant put together a coco grow to save my life. i guess my brain will think in those terms.

im so used to using my nose and feeling the wieght of ammendments that i cannot measure shit. i love being able to add a "handful" of stuff and not worry about poisoning my plants. is my grow 100% organic??? NO. but my methods are!

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

But is LK organic enough?

minds_I

Buahahahaha

EDIT: Actually, B1, do you think that using LK and another liquid kelp together is overkill? Is there such a thing as too much kelp?

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
MI I have done HEAVY kelp feedings and the plants didn`t seem to mind at all.
I used 2 TBS per gallon 2 times in a row and they where fine, I was also using LK during feedings with high P guano.
Same with the kelp meal, I ave done 2TBS per gallon, double my regular recipe and they did just fine but I am cheap so I`m back to 1 TBS.

Organic ammendments are only as organic as the ingredients, the extraction method, and the process used to make the final product.

There is a glitch that can be found with almost every source of organic nutrient we use, this is why salt based hydro nutrients of high quality boast that they are purer than most organic stuff.

I think the future is in using plants to grow plants, making composts and mulches and extractiob like comfrey and stinging nettle and ammending the soil with alfalfa meal etc.
It`s also important to recycle your soil, it`s a precious ressource and it`s the heart and soul of any organic grow. I used to use it on my perrenials and they did so good it occured to me that I was robbing my plants of some still perfectly rich soil.

Now if only I could kick this addiction to rib steaks...

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
BurnOne said:
Liquid Karma is mostly liquid humus, kelp and molasses. They add amino acids and the stuff that's contained in Thrive Alive. It's not 100% organic but it helps in the organic medium by providing carbohydrates (molasses), micro and micro nutes (kelp) and humic acids (liquid worm castings). I use it. But you don't have to if you use a good organic growing recipe.
Burn1

Thanks Burn1, that's the answer I was seeking.

Latest posts

Latest posts