What's new

A message from Granny Storm Crow....

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Yeah marc was pretty much just a martyr to HIS OWN cause rather than to "the movement"
but non the less anyone who has the balls to stand up to the US government shout out a big FUCK YOU! while facing extradition is pretty much a hero in my book.

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So what you're saying is weed is legal in Canada?

ha...

A leader is someone who isn't a total dumb ass. He just cashed in and got caught up in the drug biz. (Marc Emory). I saw something on National Geographic with Marc Emory, he got blazed and started babbling about something, he wasn't making any sense nor was coherent.

MLK was inspiring, and his speaches were very coherent.

Now this thread is so far off track...

Storm Crow

Veteran
So let's get it back ON TRACK! I see a challenge here!

"Americans can't get their shit together enough to EVER get it legalized..."

You guys going to take that? The way to answer that challenge is to start communicating, find those "MLK"'s of pot, get it legal or lowest priority! If need be, we can do it, city by city, county by county, state by state! But it can be done..... if we "get our shit together"! You up for it?

Granny

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Woody Harrelson ~ Texan

Activist work
Woody Harrelson in 2004

"Harrelson is a supporter and an activist for the legalization of marijuana and hemp.[4] On June 1, 1996, he was arrested in Kentucky after he symbolically planted four hemp seeds to challenge the state law which did not distinguish between industrial hemp and marijuana. Harrelson won the case.

He once travelled to the west coast in the U.S. on a bike and a domino caravan with a hemp oil-fueled biodiesel bus (the subject of the independent documentary, Go Further) and narrated the documentary Grass."

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is my personal call for unity among the entire cannabis community.
I am posting this at all the sites I visit- it should in no way be construed by this being posted here, that this is, in any way, a "restrictive site".

I visit, on a regular basis, more than a dozen other sites ranging from a just a few members to sites well into the thousands. Each one is a good site in its own way. But I see a lot going on between sites that looks more like junior high school cliques than forums full of adults! The disunity of out cannabis sites is troubling to me. The very mention of other sites, or mods of other sites, is sometimes forbidden. Posts inviting others to look at other sites are deleted. Character assassination, name calling and site-bashing are common. It looks very much like the kind of shenanagins I see in middle school!

There are many reasons why this doesn't work. One of the reasons, I bolded in your original post. This goes on at every site. Some sites worse than others. As you are aware, this site is the largest site in the world. Why would administation give someone a free platform when they are notified over and over again what the people in these sites are saying about them?

Almost all sites try and fund their overhead through advertising. In order for advertisers to want to do business with a particular site, they have to know their product is going to be seen. This is where spamming becomes a problem. If administration were to open this site, as you ask, there would soon be hundreds of posts per day of spam. And that cost can get staggering. That's why we have a no spam policy here. It's one thing for a small site to pay a hundred bucks a month for their sites. The costs here can get staggering. It's got nothing to do with unity, or the cause, it's got to do with keeping costs within limits that allow the site to stay open. There is a lot of over head and costs to keep a site like this running. I know a lot of people are going to say "I knew it was about the money". In a sense you're correct. If you were spending thousands of dollars a month to keep a site open you would be worried about money.

hamstring

Veteran
I have always been a pretty an honest person and don’t plan on changing. My number one reason for coming here has nothing to do with the legalizing MJ. Do I think it is a just cause, Hell yes but I am not or never will be the guy carrying a protest sign? I hope that’s acceptable because in any cause you have many different types of people helping out the cause in different ways. The foot soldiers need us 4 eyed office clerks too.

I don’t want Spam I can tell you that for one thing beacuse I vote no for the 10,000 adds we would be getting on how to make my penis larger if it was an open site.

I don’t think the site is all about money because its what you make it. I love talking to people I would not otherwise be able to about something we cant do in our public lives. I absolutely despise the fact that anonymity brings out the wanabe gangsters and the Internet empowered angry wimps the same types who wouldn’t have the nerve to say boo to me in person.

On the other hand that’s my price for admission and I am happy to pay it because I have met so many wonderful people/growers that with out this anonymity it simply would not be possible.

madrecinco

Veteran
Oh Please. Marc Emery IS NOT a leader. He did us no favours up here and basically set us back when we had just started to move forward.

Yes Mark Emory is self serving, but he did get it into the spotlight. We sincerely do need an American leader in this cause and stoners with the courage to UNITE in the cause. I am a 60 year old granny and have smoked off and on foer 45 years now unless my career had frequent drug testing which nursing certainly does. The first time the narcotic count is off we have to drug test. We would be put in the impaired nurses program if we test pos for THC..

infuriates me that my doc is always pushing opiates on me and I an't tolerate the side effects long term or the addictive properties of opiates. But I can't legally smoke pot for my disability. NOBODY has EVER OD'd on weed....BUT overdose and death by opiates ....the rate of death is more than auto accidents now.

Weed laws are antiquated and we need a MLK jr type to lead our cause FOR SURE....Storm Crow is absolutely right about ALL she says in the opening post and am happy to see some intellectia on this weed site. MH had a mod that was as self-serving as they get...he was for his own needs and not the movement...plus he could not take any strong female whom did not worship him. But that site is closed now and this site seems much better...plus I am starting to understand how to moderate my temper with "the assholes" who ruin the movement with their petty high school behavior. I am a sixties radical and did MUCH in the feminist movement that make it better for our daughters these days.

I want to become more active in the cause and call for any stoners with any kahonies to ORGANIZE...DEMONSTRATE...Tell Obama we won't take it anymore...
Even Obama as well as my govenor admit they have smoked pot.

Why don't these sites call for organization and demonstrations??? Or is it all about the money? I was watching a documentary this morning about Mendocino County in Cali and 2/3 of the Emerald Triangle make their money off weed growing now...wish I could move to Cali...but my gradchildren need me here.

SO ....Stoners Unite and have the courage to stand up for what you believe..
APATHY is inexcuable ...

hamstring

Veteran
medrecinco
Appreciate a strong women I am married to one who isn't jeeze all of you are tough on a brother hehehe.
No problem and see that you are true and honest in your words. You also told us that you couldn’t smoke in your profession and so I am assuming you didn’t run around professing how antiquated the MJ laws were to anyone who would listened. I am pretty sure that would not bode well for your work environment. It sure wouldnt in mine. "Would like to take a drug test Mr Hamstring?"

Everyone wants this great leader to appear out of the sky (no religious intent in statement) but "Ask not from others what you would not ask of yourself." There is no one person to carry us forward the answer lies within not outside us. Until the day people say, “I am willing to loose my job over this because it’s so important.” That doesn’t happen to often because med patients are the minority in the MJ community or in the community of people who smoke MJ.

Most people didn’t loose their jobs when they told their boss they were for gay rights. They may have got some funny looks but your average Joe/MaryJane could talk about it with out fear of hurting his/her family. It would be down right selfish of me with a wife and kids to run around professing MJ should be legal. Family first or at least if you’re a man its, “you better provide for your family if you cant do anything else right.” That’s my wife yelling at me I have to go she says I am having too much fun.
PEACE

W

Wunderkind

First off we need a good chant.....

I've got it!

"We're here, we're queer, get used to it!"

madrecinco

Veteran
medrecinco
Appreciate a strong women I am married to one who isn't jeeze all of you are tough on a brother hehehe.
No problem and see that you are true and honest in your words. You also told us that you couldn’t smoke in your profession and so I am assuming you didn’t run around professing how antiquated the MJ laws were to anyone who would listened. I am pretty sure that would not bode well for your work environment. It sure wouldnt in mine. "Would like to take a drug test Mr Hamstring?"

Everyone wants this great leader to appear out of the sky (no religious intent in statement) but "Ask not from others what you would not ask of yourself." There is no one person to carry us forward the answer lies within not outside us. Until the day people say, “I am willing to loose my job over this because it’s so important.” That doesn’t happen to often because med patients are the minority in the MJ community or in the community of people who smoke MJ.

Most people didn’t loose their jobs when they told their boss they were for gay rights. They may have got some funny looks but your average Joe/MaryJane could talk about it with out fear of hurting his/her family. It would be down right selfish of me with a wife and kids to run around professing MJ should be legal. Family first or at least if you’re a man its, “you better provide for your family if you cant do anything else right.” That’s my wife yelling at me I have to go she says I am having too much fun.
PEACE

Yes it is good that we have a site to discuss it and leave the protesting to the ones who can like me...
They can't take away my Social Security or military pension for smoking pot...

10,000 baby boomers turn 60 QD....every day.....these are the ones who should lead the cause...
not young families with lots to lose. I raised and educated 5 children and was very discreet in the past about weed.....BUT as a retired nurse I feel some responsibility to my suffering patients who need it,

Plus I am basically a law abiding citizen in all other ways.

Family is CERTAINLY FIRST and good of you to be putting your family first...
Lucky you to have a strong woman,,,BUT as you know some men can't handle em'
Takes a strong man to be happy with a strong woman.
But more people do need to speak out on this subject. It is not a moral issue and ANY MEDICAL professional knows ETOH (alcohol ) is much more dangerous than weed. Later guys ....Have to deliver the grandkids home...

madrecinco

Veteran
So let's get it back ON TRACK! I see a challenge here!

"Americans can't get their shit together enough to EVER get it legalized..."

You guys going to take that? The way to answer that challenge is to start communicating, find those "MLK"'s of pot, get it legal or lowest priority! If need be, we can do it, city by city, county by county, state by state! But it can be done..... if we "get our shit together"! You up for it?

Granny

Yes...It can be done. They did not just give us CIVIL RIGHTS or feminist rights...we had to fight for it. Activism is the only way. Does any of you realize how many Americans do smoke weed....and NOT JUST LIBERALS EITHER. Many conservatives also do, but are more discreet about it.
At least US RETIRED BABY BOOMERS should step up to the plate.
15 states have legal MMJ now because of activists. Rhode Island got it from a disabled nurse's activism.
So I hope to make a difference here in Florida ...maybe I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one for sure.
Like Granny says .....ARE YOU UP FOR IT?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It probably would have went better had she not made it look like Americans don't have their shit together and that's the reason marijuana is illegal.

That would be like me telling a Canadian that maybe they need to get their shit together because last I looked penalties in the most of the States are far less then in Canada....:dueling:

I would only be joking of coarse.....

hamstring

Veteran
Yes it is good that we have a site to discuss it and leave the protesting to the ones who can like me...
They can't take away my Social Security or military pension for smoking pot...

10,000 baby boomers turn 60 QD....every day.....these are the ones who should lead the cause...
not young families with lots to lose. I raised and educated 5 children and was very discreet in the past about weed.....BUT as a retired nurse I feel some responsibility to my suffering patients who need it,

Plus I am basically a law abiding citizen in all other ways.

Family is CERTAINLY FIRST and good of you to be putting your family first...
Lucky you to have a strong woman,,,BUT as you know some men can't handle em'
Takes a strong man to be happy with a strong woman.
But more people do need to speak out on this subject. It is not a moral issue and ANY MEDICAL professional knows ETOH (alcohol ) is much more dangerous than weed. Later guys ....Have to deliver the grandkids home...

You can always tell what kind of person you’re dealing with by their reply to an unkind statement. You are a strong person sister and I like your style. Who says we don’t get better with age. Oh yeah it was my wife.:D

Preach sister preach.

PEACE

madrecinco

Veteran
ICMAG is really just a growers site sponsored by the guy that supplies us the seeds. I really don't understand why there are any legalization forums here. Talk of legalization here is very hit and miss, no one here really wants to talk seriously about it, and that's all it is here is just TALK. Who here is gonna stand up for my right to get blazed? Anyone? Anyone? Exactly.

~Abbie :joint:

Because my dear there are many...many suffering and ill people who need it and it IS NOT JUST A RECREATIONAL DRUG!
I actually think some of these sites don't want it legal. Not sayin' this site as I am new here and still observing. It is my obligation to try to get it legalized as an educated and enlightened medical professional.
SOME OF US DON'T LIKE BREAKIN' LAWS....but we do.....
The laws are stupid and antiquated.

madrecinco

Veteran
You can always tell what kind of person you’re dealing with by their reply to an unkind statement. You are a strong person sister and I like your style. Who says we don’t get better with age. Oh yeah it was my wife.:D

Preach sister preach.

PEACE

Yes my dear I am a strong person which is a turn off to the insecure male which I can tell you are not. I went to work at Shell Oil Refinery in Deer Park, Texas and was the "first female" to be hired in the refinery in 1973 due to Affirmative Action which I once fought for. I was thrown in that refinery with approx 4,000 redneck males who were not happy about women invading their territory. BUT THEY GOT USED TO IT!!! LOL....now many women work there and make good money to support their families.
I worked there 11 years and then went to college and changed to nursing.
But I had the courage to be the first woman to enter that kind of job on the Houston Ship Channel. I actually had to fight fires there so it could have been dangerous...

I try to ignore unkind statements as everybody has a right to their opinions. I actually got banned from a weed site once because of my views. The mod was one of those "insecure males" ....IMHO anyway! I notice he posts here now that MH has closed down..

But a granny has to do what a granny has to do and legalization of weed is my passion. And I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE ANYMORE, calling all retired Boomers to unite and march on DC like MLK jr did once.

Latest posts

Latest posts