What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Majority Of Florida Voters Support Legalizing Recreational Marijuana

buzzmobile

Veteran
If Amendment 2 passes, the FL Dept of Health is charged with creating qualifying patient registration, qualifying physician registration, qualifying patient caregiver registration, procedures for the registration of Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers. There will be five regional Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers located around the state - Southeast, Southwest, Central, Northeast, and Northwest. To qualify for a MMTC the entity must be a Florida nursery business operating for a minimum of 30 years. They must post a $5 million bond and a $150,000 application fee. The five centers will only be allowed to grow low-THC Cannabis (<0.8%) with CBD <10% .

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2014/1030/BillText/er/PDF

There are no provisions for "caregivers as growers". Caregivers can only assist in the delivery and administration of the low-THC Cannabis.
The Amendment 2 is written very narrowly to include the production use of ONLY lowTHC Cannabis by 5 long time large Florida based nurseries. Sorry to all of my fellow Floridians if you believe this is a door opening to allow personal medical grows. I'm voting YES on 2 but only to benefit those sick folks who may benefit from this restricted setup.

Catatafish

Veteran
buzz you are reading "charlotte's web" bill.

Stih, did you notice when they introduced the doctors, for the guy they actually listed his occupation and his office he practices at in winter springs. The chick was then introduced as a "practioner" and then "head of some board" (sorry cant remember the board name). That stuck me as fishy right off the bat that she didnt have an office she "practioner-ed" at.

Well, if it fails at least we can all still go to the middle school in the sheriff's jurisdiction and pickup our pot.

Catatafish

Veteran
The other thing fishy the opposing party kept saying was "any other condition", instead of "or other condition". Pretty sure the "any" isnt in the amendment.

Sneaky bastages. Well if it passes im going to the dr and saying well the sheriff said it was for any other condition and i have an owie. Give my damn pot.

Catatafish

Veteran
Me 3. Absentee baby!

Please tell me you guys voted Rick and Pam out too while you were at it. I cant take looking at that alien head any more. I know the other choice isnt much better and the third, the best, wont make it...but here's to dreaming.

dddaver

Veteran
And NOW is the time to start this debate? I personally don't like being told what to think and especially when that telling bs is mostly just lies, conjecture, and opinion. I myself learned to read and think when I was in grade school.

Why do some people think that by insulting the intelligence of others that gets them somewhere? I'll just never understand that.

People are fucking sick and dieing. MMJ CAN help. All that other shit is just superfluous garbage.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
If Amendment 2 passes, the FL Dept of Health is charged with creating qualifying patient registration, qualifying physician registration, qualifying patient caregiver registration, procedures for the registration of Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers. There will be five regional Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers located around the state - Southeast, Southwest, Central, Northeast, and Northwest. To qualify for a MMTC the entity must be a Florida nursery business operating for a minimum of 30 years. They must post a $5 million bond and a $150,000 application fee. The five centers will only be allowed to grow low-THC Cannabis (<0.8%) with CBD <10% .

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2014/1030/BillText/er/PDF
There are no provisions for "caregivers as growers". Caregivers can only assist in the delivery and administration of the low-THC Cannabis.
The Amendment 2 is written very narrowly to include the production use of ONLY lowTHC Cannabis by 5 long time large Florida based nurseries. Sorry to all of my fellow Floridians if you believe this is a door opening to allow personal medical grows. I'm voting YES on 2 but only to benefit those sick folks who may benefit from this restricted setup.

that's charlottes web ONCE AGAIN. the only thing we're voting for next week is SHOULD WE BE A MEDICAL STATE. YES OR NO.

The debate with John Morgan and the Sheriff was classic. Everything the sheriff said had no foundation to his claims. "This is not about medical, its about recreational" "its not about the kids, its about the stoners who smoke and watch cheech and chong"

I would like to say to all of my fellow citizens of Florida, I am embarrassed to be living in Florida with all of these half minded individuals. Fuckin embarrassing. I just cant stand the stupidity our leaders continue to convey to the public. Want to know whats worse??? The stupid ignorant ducks that live here and vote.

I do not believe all citizens should vote. I don't think most of Florida should vote. Whats worse than a no vote?....an ignorant vote.

Vote yes on 2 and get ready to amend this piece of shit they hand us right back to them.

Catatafish

Veteran
Lol, yea start it after the polls are open. Classic.

Ddaver, if you think about it a little more....these people that are not thinking for themselves are being influenced by someone out of our state to begin with. What kind of shit is that?

I have question though...why do they not have the troops out in the open supporting it? Everyone loves the troops right? Everyone of my friends that returned say its the best for both pain and ptsd. Seems this would be better than a slick talking lawyer (thats well known for better or worse) on every commercial. They should be in every stinking commercial showing how the pain meds destroyed their life and they are now back on track after switching to mmj. If i spent millions on this campaign, this would have been my first move.

Catatafish

Veteran
710420, dont forget about this disco balls on saturday night while your smoking your joint to cheech and chong.

Catatafish

Veteran
I'm also surprised that no one blasted the opposing side every time they mentioned it, about how crippled the C.W. bill is and that it will be very limited impact. A few Perfect opportunities wasted.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Man that sherrif on the NBC debate was so laughably ignorant. i thought i was watching an old clip of Harry AssSlinger himself. The first debate with the sherrif from polk county was more misguided than anything, he can be educated maybe, the other guy, he's a lost cause.

buzzmobile

Veteran
that's charlottes web ONCE AGAIN. the only thing we're voting for next week is SHOULD WE BE A MEDICAL STATE. YES OR NO.

http://public.lobbytools.com/index.cfm?type=bills&id=37965

No it is the language of Amendment 2. Read the Summary again.

“ Allows the medical use of marijuana for individuals with debilitating diseases as determined by a licensed Florida physician. Allows caregivers to assist patients’ medical use of marijuana. The Department of Health shall register and regulate centers that produce and distribute marijuana for medical purposes and shall issue identification cards to patients and caregivers. Applies only to Florida law. Does not authorize violations of federal law or any non-medical use, possession or production of marijuana.[2]

They are using the framework of SB1030 to administer Amendment 2 should it pass. We shall see as the blind man once said.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i signed the petition to get it on the ballot and i've read the final text which is the same shit written on the petition. once again here it is.
BALLOT TITLE: Use of Marijuana for Certain Medical Conditions
BALLOT SUMMARY: Allows the medical use of marijuana for individuals with debilitating diseases as
determined by a licensed Florida physician. Allows caregivers to assist patients’ medical use of marijuana. The
Department of Health shall register and regulate centers that produce and distribute marijuana for medical
purposes and shall issue identification cards to patients and caregivers. Applies only to Florida law. Does not
authorize violations of federal law or any non-medical use, possession or production of marijuana.
here's the actual lawyer gibberish that will be added to the constitution. which part matches what you said earlier? none of it, because that's fuckin charlottes web you're talking about.

here's a pdf. print it out and read it to yourself a few times.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/06/06/50438-2.pdf

Morcheeba*

Veteran
...They are using the framework of SB1030 to administer Amendment 2 should it pass. We shall see as the blind man once said.

so what you quoted is the "Framework" of sb1030 and amendment 2?

id like to understand how you extrapolated that.

peace

buzzmobile

Veteran
No need to talk down to me. I am very familiar with the two and I'll share a pdf with you without insinuating you don't know your hat from your head.

Supreme Court of Florida

There are more than one interpretations of the language in Amendment 2. There's a broad view that becoming a med cannabis state means personal grows. The narrow view is forming as SB 1030 is being fleshed out. I watched hours of DOH hearings on PBS The Florida Channel. I sat through the legal mumbo jumbo and the parade of lawyers and nursery owners and DOH administration wrestling over the minutiae of the language in the SB 1030. I am of the opinion that the State of Florida is doing everything they can to keep the models of CA, CA, WA, OR...fill in the blank...from becoming a reality. DOH works from templates. They don't have one yet. SB 1030 will serve as a template in the future.

I'm not picking any fights here. I'm voting for Amendment 2 and any other cannabis legislation that comes rolling down the Turnpike...Yeehaw Junction is nice this time of year.

Don't forget her...
Attorney General Pam Bondi warns against ‘dangers’ of Amendment 2

And don't forget #2 needs 60% of the voters approval. See you at the polls.:tiphat:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
why do you keep referring to SB1030 as "being fleshed out" did you not read anything i just gave you? SB1030 is already the law. sick people can get CBD tinctures RIGHT NOW if they want with a doctors approval. they just haven't set up any dispensaries. if everyone votes no on #2, jan 1 2015 you should be able to go to your doctor tell him you have epilepsy or whatever and get some oil with a "recommenscription" or whatever the fuck they're calling it.

that's what you keep quoting to us.

what i'm telling you is that amendment #2 is something else that is more broad in scope than just cbd oil. and in essence doesn't even require you to register and all that jazz. becuase of the way it's so loosely worded. if it passes it's part of the constitution and cannot be changed. from nov 5 onward.

"Allows the medical use of marijuana for individuals with debilitating diseases as
determined by a licensed Florida physician."

i'm in constant pain, i'm debilitated, my doctor can give me a card or whatever. the end. if they try and take me to jail i can just claim my amendment #2 rights. the end. if needed i can get slick talking john morgan to help me get off.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
sorry if my post came off as talking down to you as it was not my intent. i just wanted to see if it was your opinion that the same framework was going to be used for sb1030 and amendment 2 or you read something that i have not.

i too have read and followed this very close and in the 84 pg pdf you linked sb1030 nor any guidelines for it were mentioned so i guess i shouldn't assume framework to indicate a modified sb1030 law.

to me the 2 are very different and if amendment 2 passes then sb1030 would be irrelevant.

im not sure how people still think patients can cultivate at home under amendment 2 when it clearly states otherwise.

peace

No need to talk down to me. I am very familiar with the two and I'll share a pdf with you without insinuating you don't know your hat from your head.

Supreme Court of Florida

There are more than one interpretations of the language in Amendment 2. There's a broad view that becoming a med cannabis state means personal grows. The narrow view is forming as SB 1030 is being fleshed out. I watched hours of DOH hearings on PBS The Florida Channel. I sat through the legal mumbo jumbo and the parade of lawyers and nursery owners and DOH administration wrestling over the minutiae of the language in the SB 1030. I am of the opinion that the State of Florida is doing everything they can to keep the models of CA, CA, WA, OR...fill in the blank...from becoming a reality. DOH works from templates. They don't have one yet. SB 1030 will serve as a template in the future.

I'm not picking any fights here. I'm voting for Amendment 2 and any other cannabis legislation that comes rolling down the Turnpike...Yeehaw Junction is nice this time of year.

Don't forget her...
Attorney General Pam Bondi warns against ‘dangers’ of Amendment 2

And don't forget #2 needs 60% of the voters approval. See you at the polls.:tiphat:

Catatafish

Veteran
i think if they try to use the sb1030 framework for amendment 2 there will be many lawsuits from many different angles.

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
why do you keep referring to SB1030 as "being fleshed out" did you not read anything i just gave you? SB1030 is already the law. sick people can get CBD tinctures RIGHT NOW if they want with a doctors approval. they just haven't set up any dispensaries. if everyone votes no on #2, jan 1 2015 you should be able to go to your doctor tell him you have epilepsy or whatever and get some oil with a "recommenscription" or whatever the fuck they're calling it.

that's what you keep quoting to us.

what i'm telling you is that amendment #2 is something else that is more broad in scope than just cbd oil. and in essence doesn't even require you to register and all that jazz. becuase of the way it's so loosely worded. if it passes it's part of the constitution and cannot be changed. from nov 5 onward.

"Allows the medical use of marijuana for individuals with debilitating diseases as
determined by a licensed Florida physician."

i'm in constant pain, i'm debilitated, my doctor can give me a card or whatever. the end. if they try and take me to jail i can just claim my amendment #2 rights. the end. if needed i can get slick talking john morgan to help me get off.

Fleshing out SB1030 means turning the words on paper into a real world system to grow, process, test, distribute, register, inspect, sell. I understand the difference between SB1030 and Amendment 2. DOH still doesn't have a solid number of nurseries that meet the requirements for certification...5, 21, 39? All of those numbers are out there. So forget about SB1030 for the moment.

Amendment 2
Here's a link to the full text:
Florida Amendment 2 (2014), Full Text of Constitutional Changes

Here's a link to an analysis of the Amendment:
Florida Right to Medical Marijuana Initiative, Amendment 2 (2014)

Subsection 1.4 (d) DUTIES OF THE DEPARTMENT lists requirements imposed upon DOH that are essentially the same as what the DOH is now trying to implement for Charlotte's Web. The DOH is now working to establish a policy to deal with medical Cannabis. Amendment 2 won't have the same language as 1030, but I believe DOH will adjust the language to meet their duties as described on paper. They could decide to limit it to 5 dispensaries or 67. It hasn't been decided.

Florida state law mandates the ballot summary to be a maximum of 75 words. There are 75 words in Amendment 2. All of them count towards the meaning and interpretation of the Constitutional Amendment. Amendment 2 ballot summary language passed a Supreme Court review as already linked above. 18 of those words allow for individuals' use of marijuana under a Physician. 26 of the 75 words go to DOH. They get to "flesh out" Amendment 2 if it passes and then turn it into something that both you and I can clearly understand.

We'll all know more after the election.