What's new

A little growhouse in the arctic v2.0

I'd be there in a heartbeat if it wasn't so DAMN COLD... have you ever gotten frostbite? I've lived in NC, up in the mountains and I just don't see how you guys do it. I thought about going to work the pipeline when I was younger but I wound up working on a rig out in the gulf instead... anyways, subscribed... you are a very lucky man!

A

arcticsun

hehe a viking doesnt freeze, he just goes blue and dies. :D

actually, you use 10 times more calories in the cold then in the heat. so i have a metamorphosis like a damn wolf. burn off the food like you wouldnt believe. we eat and drink here like there was no tomorrow. luckily there are whales or we'd eat the swedes :D

u know that thing from the hobbits in the lord of the ring books, second breakfast, that has to be inspired from here. many here eat dinner 2 times a day.

i guess when living here you up your body reacts to it, and starts producing more heat.

i havent had skin damage from the cold, but i have reduced sencitivity in my fingers and 2 of my toes. also i have been snowblind, and that is almost like a welding damage. its not as severe, but i have problems distinguishing debth in the terrain when there is snow. quite interresting when skiing hehe.

this part of the arctic is much warmer then anywhere else on earth tho, in the summer it is quite comfortable. 15-20 degrees C normally in july. its because of the warm ocean currents of the gulf stream. if you go anywhere else on earth at this latitude you will find only ice. thats what makes this landscape unique. the fjords.

this kif from 3 strains helps keep me warm aswell :D

Ny2CaFuse

If I could pack up and move now I would. That is in every possible way my idea of paradise. Looking forward to seeing more.

what is LEO like up there? I guess you wouldn't catch any flack for ordering stuff online way out in the middle of nowhere like that, huh?

A

arcticsun

LEO.. whoa i didnt think it would be so hard to talk about them. this is the third time im rewriting this post.

they are the same bunch of generic fuck ups here as anywhere else. one of the top officers just blew the head of his girlfriend, an elementary school teacher. AT SCHOOL. last year the chief of the operative police car squad got busted for crashing his car while DYI!! and the chief of narcotics got busted for DYI aswell in addition to pill addiction.

this was in the city, when i say in the city, there is only one city around here. it has about 70thousand people, im about an hour+/- outside of the city. next townish place has 25thousand people or so and is 5 hours drive away.

just to paint a picture, in the cities/towns there's quite a bit of drugs n violent alcoholism and such. mostly the cops stays there.

they've had some campaigns against the hasj smuggling mafia, usually about once every 3 years. unless you sit on loads of brown and run game or unless you stick your head out they usually leave you around.

very few canna growers has been busted so far tho. i think they are starting to prefer local growers to smuggled mafia stash. there is quite a large business for speed here, i think that is the priority atm.

but seems the cops are laying low for the moment, they are taking alot of heat because of their fucked up chiefs. and descervedly so. its a bunch of drunken cowboys.

but once out of the city, its quiet and unless you piss of the locals you can pretty much do whatever. me being the local i dont give a fuck!

A

arcticsun

btw im too hard on the repping, have given too much rep last 24 hours haha.

or i would have K+'ed you all :D

Karma your way anway guys :D

T

TylerDurden

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery
[/CENTER]

Beautiful pictures Arctic; The landscape almost looks surreal its so gorgeous.
I love learning about other cultures and customs. Ill try to get a few pics of
the beach/ocean around my place sometime. Not the most beautiful waters,
not crystal clear or anything :frown: but its not too bad for now. Hopefully Ill
be in Hawaii or Cali in two and a half years or so though. Ill definitely have to
make a trip sometime soon up to the arctic though, I love being in the
mountains away from everything. Anyways :rant: just droppin by, peace :D

Mr. Durden :joint:

A

arcticsun

mrdurden :D glad your still roundnbouts

i really love to see landscape shots from elsewhere in the world also. urban landscapes aswell. i dont see too much of that :D

hawaii and cali sounds ahhh chill, ive promiced myself some time in warmer climate before i go grey. but im a nature child, i need the space around me.

peace

A

arcticsun

3 days into 12/12 and i have popped 2 fuses. my night heat fan pulls too much electricity when the lamps start up. going to have to put a timer on it so it shuts off a coupple of minutes before the lights trigger.

the ak seems to like the night temperatures to be over 20C so i upped the night temps to 21C.

they are growing rapidly still, drinking alot of water, loving the nutes. nute level is atm 1,0. still on canna aqua vega 2part nutes, but mixed some sensi one bloom powder with the last batch.

changing the water in the reservoir atleast once a week or if they eat so much that the nute levels drops rapidly.

what else can i say, the weather is shitty again and im bored. should take a trip to visit friends or something, but im bored in a more excistencial type of way. think i need to stretch my wings... thinking vacation plans for the next summer.

thinking about the trans-siberian railway, hiking in the altay mountains looking for wild weed and fishing :D

at this time of year the lack of sun is starting to get to me, im sleeping alot and i just hang around indoors watch movies online and surf icmag baked as fuck.

sigh im such a dreamer, this is the type of thinking that is going to land me exhausted in a foreign country all confused and homesick in some months time. thats typical me, i get the jiggles, and off i go.

B

bonecarver_OG

Bonecarver.. thats a deal :D

first picture is the sea eagle that lives in the mountains behind my house. the picture is taken from my front door, you can see the roof, they are quite commonly hovering right over my house on the updraft there. sometimes they come diving down infront of my windows, quite spectacular.

rest of the pictures are from a trip we made to the outer islands, some are of the fjords, just random pictures from a boat trip we made. we went out to the outer islands to salvage some materials that had been lost by a cargo boat during a storm early in january.

not a bad days worth, if you see that there is very little snow on some pictures it is because the wind is relentless out there on the outer islands, it blows it all away. the coast is ice-free because of the gulf stream.

also it is worth mentioning these pictures are taken 3 days before the return of the sun. for those that dont know, because of the tilt in the earths axis, we have no sun at all for 2 full months in the winter. and opposite in the summer, then the sun stays up all day and nite 24/7 for 2 full months. so these pictures are from the so-called dark season, when we have 5-6 hours of daylight but no sun at all.

my friends the sea eagles again.

awesome! i dig the amount of drift wood - so much building material :D :D

heres some beach pics from a year or two back :D i live too far from the beach to go often ..

we get rainy days here too - honestly they make the best days for pics.. sunny days all just get bleached out :joint: but looks tempting the water - i dunno why i prefer to trek and take pics to soak down there...

DonChron

an arctic growhouse...who woulda thought!! the icolator and 3-strain kiff look intense man!!
rad pictures,to both of ya !!
take care

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I want a nice headdy pipe with swirling clouds of glass in those pink and blue colors, that's sick.

A

arcticsun

hey deft.. nice to see ya mate :D sun comes in at a very low angle, thats why we get the pink sky, if i was out of bed earlier i could have taken many colorful pics of the sky but sleep in too late usually.

bonecarver, that water looks nice and warm, id take a dip in that. is that an old fortress or something in the pics? btw we easily gathered enough materials for the outer clothing of my friends boathouse. lots of money saved. there were heaps more materials lieing around, we just cleared one pile.

brotherbear..donchron, thanks for dropping in guys, just showing some scenery shots and keeping the thread alive, just 4 days into flowering or so, not much buds in the room yet and i gotta shut the lights off to take pics so i cba atm.

was going to take some dry budshots of the AK48, i grew out a test plant, it turned out fantastic. but the batteries on the camera is dead apparently so that has to wait until tomorrow. nice chunky buds and full of trichs, smells abit diesel'ish kinda spicy, but with a fruity undertone.

definately reminds me of the original ICE. which is one of its ancestors and thats the reason i got it.

the strawberry smile looks very interresting indeed, it seems quick as hell, its supposed to be a 7 week pheno.

thatguy

Hey AS :wave: 1st off, I gotta say, you speak excellent english! I swear if you didn't say where you were from, I'd just assume you're here in the US!

Those were some beautiful pics! The gulf stream must make it more tolerable in winter than most places at your latitude. However, it seems you have the same types of problems as northern Alaska, from what I've heard. It has the highest alcoholism and rape per capita in the whole country, and if I remember correctly it comes from the cold, lightless winters where people essentially go nuts :fsu: Is it the same in the other countries near you at the same latitude?

All the best,
TG

A

arcticsun

i find it very hard to explain what its like here really hehe, rape and such hmm well out in the districts sure there is the odd 13 year old that gets molested by some asshole in a power position. there is quite a bit of russian trafficing at certain camping places which are very well known to us locals here hehe.

the difference between this and alaska is that the democracy is a 1000 years old here, things are abit more orderly i spose. scandinavian order.

but there has been a massive modernisation and centralisation over the last 25 years or so. you'd be surpriced of the level of modern life in the city. its called the paris of the north because of its extravagant social life. its known for festivals, party atmosphere and the university which is a pretty special place.

part of the nobel comitee sits here, and its the only place in the world where you can actually get a degree in peace! a Phd degree in peace :D

its abit of old meets new, 1000 year old north atlantic culture traditions vs oilcompanies vs the indiginous sami people which are kind of like inuitts.

here is a viking metal song about when the oilcompanies moved into the town called hammerfest in north norway.

Amon Amarth - Annihalation of Hammerfest

All is lost and foreign kings
Rule the northern realms
Hammerfest, the last outpost
Has fallen to unbearded men

Lords of the bloody cross
Deceived or murdered all of true faith
Now the temple of Thor, where Mjolner is kept
Is under siege (..)
(scandinavia)
map.GIF

thanks for dropping by mate, im abit of a cheat with my english i spent a year as an exchange student in a small indiana town south of chicago almost 15 years ago now :D