What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Hillbilly's memoire of organic outdoor grown canadian strains.

Hillbilly69

Hey folks, old time outdoor canadian grower here. Been away from these forums since Unleash da Greens was shut down. Thought it was time to get back online to hang out with some like minded folks.
Few decades of growing some personal organic medicine under my belt. I deal with chronic back pain and anxiety and this beautiful plant is by far the best remedie for this hillbilly!
Anyway, thought I'd start a thread to show some different strains I've grown outdoors and maybe share some methodologies that worked for me, if anyone is interested 🤣

Hillbilly69

Lets start with some more recent gear.
Nice little auto kush CBD. Grown in 5 gallons of organic soil, was the runt for that year, but yummy numbing smoke!
20200731_231400.jpg

Last edited:

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
Oh yes :) very interested when I started inside back in 2001 the strains from BC were the

ones I grew

so many good things

all the best and will follow along

S_M

Hillbilly69

Now these were a surprise, a family member calls me one day and says, "hey, I have access to good outdoor clones want some?". I ask what they were, and in his list I hear "early finishing afghani". I thought auto affie, could it be? I grew some of Reibsi's AA like 15 years ago and lost touch with him, they were beautiful. Thought maybe someone else had it. Anyway, I was doubtful but got a few anyway to try them. Well come to find out IT WAS the auto affie. By the time I figured it out it was too late, they were budding and too late to clone 😖
These babies are the cats a$$, veg as big as you want under 24hr light, put them outside and they start budding in about 2 weeks. I harvested these mid-august. Taste like old school earthy hash and great body stone that puts you to sleep!!
Wine bottle sized colas 🤤
20200729_211409.jpg
20200729_211017.jpg
20200731_231413.jpg

Last edited:

Hillbilly69

something you make? I use soil-less inside but I have been thinking about trying a real soil

next fall when I move back inside for the winter

thanks for the look at your work

S_M
Yup, I have a receipe that I use that seems to work really well. Only need to water until a few weeks into flower, then add a few supplements to finish them off.
Mostly made of high porosity peat mix, earthworm castings, soybean meal, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, a high P source (either bone meal or bat guano), and some powdered dolomitic limestone.
Let me know if your interested in trying and I can share the mixing details. 👍

mr.brunch

Veteran
I've got a bunch of other pics of Reibsi's and KrK's gear I grew in swamp tubes a while back but they are sitting on a CD. I have to figure out how to get them on my computer, new ones don't have CD readers! 🤔lol!!
Nice thread 👍I will be following along
For the cds, you can get small cheap external cd drives that just plug in the usb socket- we got one for our son because the new laptop had no cd reader.
All the best :tiphat:

Hillbilly69

Well, got myself an external CD reader to go fetch those old pics. A little tribute to KrK, Reibsi and some other Canadian breeders. All plants were grown in my organic soil mix, only water until 2-3 weeks into flower. Then gave them a few shots of flowering compost teas to finish them up... Some of them where also grown in swamp tubes which is the best way to set and forget. Grown at 46 lat.

Last edited:

Hillbilly69

Let's start with some KrK gear, these were Bluebonic, I saw RGS has an earlier version of these (crossed with GG). These went to beginning of October, so just a tad too late for my area, but they were super vigorous and mold resistant so finished up with no probs and was A+
I think the Fast Bionic Girl would be earlier, so it's on my future list to check out.
These pics are end of August in swamp tubes, decided to tie one down to see how it would do...
101_1514.JPG
101_1544.JPG
101_1545.JPG

Last edited:

linde

I'm at 45th in northern Michigan. All we grew back in the day outdoors was Canadian and Dutch genetics. You guys sure had your shit together when it came to making fast robust outdoor strains. I dabbled around on Unleash Da Green just before it went to hell. Shame there was some great breeders sharing some great info on that site

Hillbilly69

I'm at 45th in northern Michigan. All we grew back in the day outdoors was Canadian and Dutch genetics. You guys sure had your shit together when it came to making fast robust outdoor strains. I dabbled around on Unleash Da Green just before it went to hell. Shame there was some great breeders sharing some great info on that site
You got that right linde, I've tried many other strains but I always seem to get best results with canadian bred strains (makes sense), so I'm trying to find some of my old favorites again...